Topic Wiki

Fight NYC Parking Tickets

When using one of these services below they'll typically charge 50% of the ticket if they win.

WinIt https://www.appwinit.com - fight parking tickets via the app or online. Claim 30% success rate.

Ticket Wiper - Fight NYC Parking Tickets

Parking Expert https://www.yelp.com/biz/parking-expert-brooklyn

https://newyorkparkingticket.com/

Cathy Mei -
329ticket@gmail.com
(212) 349-4978

Author Topic: NYC parking fines  (Read 90633 times)

Offline jes

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: NYC parking fines
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2019, 01:46:33 PM »
Here's a Google Maps photo. The ticket I received says 540 Carroll Street.

Property deed:

So technically the address exists, but there's no such address number posted.
I guess your best proof will be to go to maps.nyc.gov and print out the map showing there is no such address

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2019, 04:24:40 PM »
I guess your best proof will be to go to maps.nyc.gov and print out the map showing there is no such address

But just like the deed says, such an address does TECHNICALLY exist, it’s just the same block and lot as 538 and 542, but there’s no such number on any building.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline jes

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2019, 04:31:14 PM »
But just like the deed says, such an address does TECHNICALLY exist, it’s just the same block and lot as 538 and 542, but there’s no such number on any building.
"place of occurrence" needs to be a physical address not a technical one.

Offline Moe Ginsburg

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2019, 04:45:22 PM »
"place of occurrence" needs to be a physical address not a technical one.

How are you differentiating physical from technical? If the ticket writer got it technically correct then the ticket may be upheld even if the numbers posted on the building is different.

The best bet in such a case would not to bring up the fact that it was technically correct.

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2019, 09:31:31 PM »
Agreed. Tried fighting these by showing up. Was a waste of time. Save yourself the hassle and just pay. I try to fight every ticket and win about half the time but the cameras are tough to beat.
Oh, they also charge a 6 dollar "convenience" fee when paying online with a cc. Disgusting

Offline googwallet

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2019, 01:44:13 PM »
Oh, they also charge a 6 dollar "convenience" fee when paying online with a cc. Disgusting
Yep. I was in the same boat. $150 and on top of that a "convenience fee"?! They can't cover the "fee" somewhere in the $150 they are making? Pigs.

Offline dealsrus

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2019, 11:43:07 AM »
If you pay through the nyc's website they charge an extra 2% if paying by card, no fee by echeck.  https://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/2195/pay-a-parking-ticket
I do some business with a company that deals with nyc tickets for over 25 years.
If anyone would like I could get you info you could just give plate number and they could let you know what can be done.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 11:58:19 AM by dealsrus »

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2019, 04:03:45 PM »
If you pay through the nyc's website they charge an extra 2% if paying by card, no fee by echeck.  https://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/2195/pay-a-parking-ticket
I do some business with a company that deals with nyc tickets for over 25 years.
If anyone would like I could get you info you could just give plate number and they could let you know what can be done.
My ticket was on long island so it's not a nyc ticket

Offline dealsrus

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2019, 11:48:50 PM »
My ticket was on long island so it's not a nyc ticket
I believe in Long Island if you pay the court over the phone the fee is less then the website charges.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2019, 04:11:15 AM »

As in reducing the ticket? Or trying to?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline dealsrus

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2019, 10:14:28 AM »
As in reducing the ticket? Or trying to?
They deal mostly with NYC parking violations, they go to court and try to dismiss them, and they put a penalty hold until after hearing.  They don't reduce parking tickets anymore, (except for penalties, which sometimes could). They do lots of commercial company's as they have certain regulations.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2019, 10:54:48 AM »
They deal mostly with NYC parking violations, they go to court and try to dismiss them, and they put a penalty hold until after hearing.  They don't reduce parking tickets anymore, (except for penalties, which sometimes could). They do lots of commercial company's as they have certain regulations.
As in USPS, FedEx, UPS and the rest. These guys get more tickets than the packages they deliver, so I would assume they pay 10 or 20% in fees of the ticket amounts they get or something to that effect?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline dealsrus

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2019, 11:41:11 AM »
As in USPS, FedEx, UPS and the rest. These guys get more tickets than the packages they deliver, so I would assume they pay 10 or 20% in fees of the ticket amounts they get or something to that effect?
Ups, Fedex and the like, have a deal with the city, where they give up there right for a hearing in return for dismissal or reduced fine amounts that are preset depending on violation type.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2019, 03:53:32 PM »
How are you differentiating physical from technical? If the ticket writer got it technically correct then the ticket may be upheld even if the numbers posted on the building is different.

The best bet in such a case would not to bring up the fact that it was technically correct.

I submitted screenshots from Google Maps showing that the last address posted on the block is 538.

Unfortunately, this is what I got:

The respondent has been charged with violating Traffic Rule 4-08(f)(1) which prohibits standing or parking a vehicle on the roadway side of a vehicle stopped, standing or parked at the curb. Respondent denies the violation charged. Respondent’s claim that he was never at this location is not supported by persuasive evidence. Respondent denies the violation charged. Respondent’s claim that
was never at this location is not supported by persuasive evidence. Respondent claims location does not exist. NYC map portal disagrees. Not persuasive.

🙁☹️
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Moe Ginsburg

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2019, 06:52:22 PM »
Apparently the ALJ consulted a "NYC Map Portal" that is an official source and thus more authoritative than the private Google Maps service, leading to that conclusion. That seems to be what the ALJ is indicating.

You do have the right to appeal any guilty finding, though I don't know what the odds are of overturning that judgement.

Offline moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2019, 04:08:02 PM »
One old guy who brought his truck to the shop for the new brake kit and 4wd parts installation used to work for Fedex and got numerous fine as well. True the company got the deal with the city for the violation of their fleet.
can it get more spammy ?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2019, 03:02:52 AM »
If i got a ticket for parking a commercial vehicle on a residential street for $65 and then another $80 something dollars for interest and fines, Now i went and sold that vehicle and took off those plates and never used them again, i surrendered them to the dmv. will that effect my other cars, or that will stay separate and i dont have to worry about that ticket anymore?

Offline dealsrus

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2019, 10:56:56 AM »
If i got a ticket for parking a commercial vehicle on a residential street for $65 and then another $80 something dollars for interest and fines, Now i went and sold that vehicle and took off those plates and never used them again, i surrendered them to the dmv. will that effect my other cars, or that will stay separate and i dont have to worry about that ticket anymore?
If the other plates are registered to the same name it would still effect your other vehicles. you can check here to see if they are linked if putting other plate if com comes up. https://nycserv.nyc.gov/NYCServWeb/NYCSERVMain

Offline elimmm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2019, 01:55:05 AM »
Any way out of bus stop ticket?

Online hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2019, 01:52:13 PM »
Any way out of bus stop ticket?
Youre allowed to load or unload passengers in a bus stop.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.