Author Topic: Miami Airport Car Rentals  (Read 5643 times)

Offline Mutty

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
Re: Miami Airport Car Rentals
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 09:52:29 AM »
Thanks. The Fox and Advantage (thru Carrentals.com) start in 130's (economy) and go to like 197 for full size so that Avis price is really good. However, do I have to show that I work for Citicorp? Also, can I get some upgraded staus at Avis?
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 10:10:51 AM »
I tried the Avis site and it was about 215 BEFORE all the added charges that brought it to like 296!
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline yossi4k

• View Profile
  • Programs: Avis President's Club National Executive Elite Sixt Platinum
Re: Re: Miami Airport Car Rentals
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 11:07:48 AM »
I tried the Avis site and it was about 215 BEFORE all the added charges that brought it to like 296!
I apologize I gave you the wrong awd is a074800 try that.also they don't ask for id
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:17:07 AM by yossi4k »

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 01:00:43 PM »
Full size came to over 250 before coupon. Not too bad, but not 208. What do you know about these other places Fox and Advantage?

Offline plane.love

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 01:04:48 PM »
Tried renting with Advantage. There was only one guy behind the counter and people were waiting two hours to be told there are no cars.
Not reliable.

Offline yanks23321

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 01:20:26 PM »
Hi,

While on the topic, I am flying into MIA and need a car rental. My dates are 1/23-1/29, I am looking for a full size or if the price is right a standard suv. I also found carrentals.com the cheapest with Fox or Sixt, both showing a full size of $133 total. (there is a 15% off coupon for sixt)

If anyone knows where I can get a better price, tried priceline and they were way to high.

Thank You,

Tzvi

Offline RT

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 01:24:43 PM »
Hi,

While on the topic, I am flying into MIA and need a car rental. My dates are 1/23-1/29, I am looking for a full size or if the price is right a standard suv. I also found carrentals.com the cheapest with Fox or Sixt, both showing a full size of $133 total. (there is a 15% off coupon for sixt)

If anyone knows where I can get a better price, tried priceline and they were way to high.

Thank You,

Tzvi

You tried Avis with A074800?

Offline yanks23321

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 01:32:30 PM »
Yes, RT, but for the full size it's $269, double what sixt and fox has, but thanks.

Offline yossi4k

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 03:33:55 PM »
Full size came to over 250 before coupon. Not too bad, but not 208. What do you know about these other places Fox and Advantage?
I don't know what your doing wrong but i just tried it again and i got 208

Offline njmacman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Miami Airport Car Rentals
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 04:21:07 PM »
What is that Avis code from? Can I use it in Miami even if am presidents club? Also, can I use it in israel or other destinations?

Offline RT

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 04:35:12 PM »
What is that Avis code from? Can I use it in Miami even if am presidents club? Also, can I use it in israel or other destinations?
A074800 - Yes it works with PC
IDK about Israel..

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 04:44:28 PM »
OK. I guess Advantage is out. Now I'm nervous about Fox and Sixt. I don't want to find out there are no cars. National wasn't too bad with the code you guys recommended, though I don't remember which one. I tried the AVIS again, but not 208??? Enterprise wasn't too bad with the Chabad number. I'm going to have to check all three out again.
Does anyone know if you cancel with any of the above and they have your credit card on file, will they cahrge you for cancelling?

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 04:45:22 PM »
When you say PC, does that mean Hertz? This number works there too? I'm waiting for my match.

Offline yossi4k

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 04:55:47 PM »
OK. I guess Advantage is out. Now I'm nervous about Fox and Sixt. I don't want to find out there are no cars. National wasn't too bad with the code you guys recommended, though I don't remember which one. I tried the AVIS again, but not 208??? Enterprise wasn't too bad with the Chabad number. I'm going to have to check all three out again.
Does anyone know if you cancel with any of the above and they have your credit card on file, will they cahrge you for cancelling?
pm me your info and I'll do it for you. No company will charge you if you cancel your reservation or even don't show up unless you prepay your reservation.

Offline SGF

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz President Circle
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 08:16:04 PM »
pm me your info and I'll do it for you. No company will charge you if you cancel your reservation or even don't show up unless you prepay your reservation.
Some places hertz will place the hold on your CC even before you show up