Author Topic: Hebrew National being sued for not being kosher  (Read 18101 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hebrew National being sued for not being kosher
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2013, 05:38:25 PM »
You wrote about a different DDF member who you saw there.

His shidduch chances could go down the drain now if he's still single. Otherwise, his kids can kiss a good shidduch goodbye. :)

It didnt even dawn on me,then again maybe it will Help them, since if someone will hold that against them do they really want to be with that kind of a person, I wouldnt want to.  But I will now edit out his/her handle

UpdateI just tried to Edit that post and seems this site still KOs that after x amount of time, so I RBPed it (asked by the Moderator link if they would be so kind and do so for me).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:39:27 PM by steve2 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2013, 05:38:43 PM »
cant stay Thurs night due to dateline question
When in HNL ask the Rabbis in HNL ;)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2013, 05:39:09 PM »
that trip for $52 explain
KSML ETCs I'd guess.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2013, 05:39:58 PM »
@Steve2
Great having you back. However, any chance you could throw in a few more periods and capital letters into your posts to make them easier on the eyes?

hey this isnt FT!! its bad enough I get hit with that over there

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2013, 05:42:22 PM »
hey this isnt FT!! its bad enough I get hit with that over there
And we're even dumber...
kal vachomer

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2013, 06:11:53 PM »
i always wondered how you choose which words to capitalize the first letter...

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2013, 06:19:21 PM »
that trip for $52 explain

Im not suppose to be posting people

My game is way different then 110% of you on here. Im not looking for something for nothing.My game is how to get something for the least $$ out of my pocket That something with UA is keeping my status

UA had a $160 fare NY-ONT(LA) for those who go after SPG status there are 3 cat2 @ ONT usually very cheap or C&P 1600 & $30 great place to rack up Stay credits on the cheap! So I had a $100 ecert (didnt include my MP# you dont want to accumalte too many ecerts at once and I had a few IFE and KSML problems on my KIX trip last yr) so that $100 cert brought the fare to $52 and my end of Feb SNA (Orange County LA) JFK-SFO-SNA-SFO-JFK with a $200 cert was $10 and its all confirmed in Biz and F

On FT when we say such a fare most of the regs know we are talking about using some type of a cert to get it that low.I Apologize for not having spelled it out here on this site and maybe gave some of you the wrong impression.

Now if UA had any brains they would make each Status level attainable only if X $s was spent as well or at least track each persons Spend , which would close my game down! I also think *S & *G s/b be 25k and 50k no matter what carrier its earned on, and each and every year

My Spend ($$ that UA got out of me ) was under $2k yet due to my status they think my spend must be $xx,xxx  so when things go wrong they take very good care of me.But unless you have time to kill (as I do) my game wont be yours But you can still check on a reg basis Mileage Runs on FT to see what if any interest you and works for you and be flex so when Im heading West I check fares into LAX,SNA,ONT,SAN,PHX,LAS out of LGA,JFK,EWR,PHL,BDL and before purchasing make sure you check car rentals Ive found cheap fares only to see the car is $200 more so its the total of air & car together that counts and for PHX and LAS add in the extra gas. and yes at times it was worth it to me to fly into LAS (JFK-SFO-LAS) and drive to LA then any other combo, besides why pass up a night or 2 in Lost Wages and talk about cheap Stay Credits

a person who plays as I do looks for flying like  < or > or ^ or v rather then a - (non-stop) trust me it adds up very fast eg NY-LA nonstop r/t is 4950 via SFO its 6150 do it often enough and that extra 1200 EQMs saves you a couple of trips every year, granted with the wrong woman  or with kids I wouldnt want to go any other way but non-stop. And MIA is done ONLY on Avios way too costly per EQM go West guys Go West

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2013, 06:25:21 PM »
When in HNL ask the Rabbis in HNL ;)

Hey if I was Chabad Id hang over there and could rely on it w/o any problem.Not being Chabad theres a problem for me and its AOK since its a MR for me and 3 nights of hanging. Since I hit it 2-3 times a year it worksout havent hit Kauai yet miss the Big I cant stand HNL But for what it costs me alot better then hitting MIA and ending up with no EQMs

Offline myb821

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2013, 06:27:05 PM »
Im not suppose to be posting people

My game is way different then 110% of you on here. Im not looking for something for nothing.My game is how to get something for the least $$ out of my pocket That something with UA is keeping my status

UA had a $160 fare NY-ONT(LA) for those who go after SPG status there are 3 cat2 @ ONT usually very cheap or C&P 1600 & $30 great place to rack up Stay credits on the cheap! So I had a $100 ecert (didnt include my MP# you dont want to accumalte too many ecerts at once and I had a few IFE and KSML problems on my KIX trip last yr) so that $100 cert brought the fare to $52 and my end of Feb SNA (Orange County LA) JFK-SFO-SNA-SFO-JFK with a $200 cert was $10 and its all confirmed in Biz and F

On FT when we say such a fare most of the regs know we are talking about using some type of a cert to get it that low.I Apologize for not having spelled it out here on this site and maybe gave some of you the wrong impression.

Now if UA had any brains they would make each Status level attainable only if X $s was spent as well or at least track each persons Spend , which would close my game down! I also think *S & *G s/b be 25k and 50k no matter what carrier its earned on, and each and every year

My Spend ($$ that UA got out of me ) was under $2k yet due to my status they think my spend must be $xx,xxx  so when things go wrong they take very good care of me.But unless you have time to kill (as I do) my game wont be yours But you can still check on a reg basis Mileage Runs on FT to see what if any interest you and works for you and be flex so when Im heading West I check fares into LAX,SNA,ONT,SAN,PHX,LAS out of LGA,JFK,EWR,PHL,BDL and before purchasing make sure you check car rentals Ive found cheap fares only to see the car is $200 more so its the total of air & car together that counts and for PHX and LAS add in the extra gas. and yes at times it was worth it to me to fly into LAS (JFK-SFO-LAS) and drive to LA then any other combo, besides why pass up a night or 2 in Lost Wages and talk about cheap Stay Credits

a person who plays as I do looks for flying like  < or > or ^ or v rather then a - (non-stop) trust me it adds up very fast eg NY-LA nonstop r/t is 4950 via SFO its 6150 do it often enough and that extra 1200 EQMs saves you a couple of trips every year, granted with the wrong woman  or with kids I wouldnt want to go any other way but non-stop. And MIA is done ONLY on Avios way too costly per EQM go West guys Go West
Thanks for the explanation very illuminating

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2013, 06:32:35 PM »
i always wondered how you choose which words to capitalize the first letter...

when I went to school I thought the teacher said, the last letter was the 1 to capitalize or its Ok as long as somewhere in what you wrote thers a cap. Comma and periods were a waste on ink or lead (any of you guys even know what a pencil is) Paragraphs were for those stuck up people  Yep gramma and speling (intended) was never my thing its mainly that I dont have the patience to proof read before Clicking Submit thusly ending up with teh or taht etc or many times I know what thoughts I have in my head (yes every so often my brain does slip back into work mode) but I dont end up typing it all and even many a time Im amazed at what I ended up posting

Offline myb821

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2013, 06:36:01 PM »
when I went to school I thought the teacher said, the last letter was the 1 to capitalize or its Ok as long as somewhere in what you wrote thers a cap. Comma and periods were a waste on ink or lead (any of you guys even know what a pencil is) Paragraphs were for those stuck up people  Yep gramma and speling (intended) was never my thing its mainly that I dont have the patience to proof read before Clicking Submit thusly ending up with teh or taht etc or many times I know what thoughts I have in my head (yes every so often my brain does slip back into work mode) but I dont end up typing it all and even many a time Im amazed at what I ended up posting
im rly curious what do u do for a living

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2013, 06:54:05 PM »
im rly curious what do u do for a living

did you really think I would spell it out on a public BB? suffice to say Im no 20 or 30 something and been playing My Game way before there was a FT, played it extremely well on TWA and PanAm then again in those days AA,UA,DL,US didnt fly to many Intl places other then LGW and ORY. Gatwick and Orly in Paris thats correct they werent able to fly into Heathrow or CDG The playing field changed when PN sold its TPAC (Pacific routes to UA and before taking its final bow its TATL Atlantic routes to DL, and TW sold out to AA, things really started when TW sold its LHR to AA and PN sold to UA which a couple of yrs ago sold them to DL, which happen way before any Alliance existed but LHR which was slot restricted (still is, was worth its weight in Gold)and both PN & TW were heading nose first into the Ocean)

The best laugh I still get is when DL and NW walked away from JFK saying its not the place to be (they shared Term 2 together) and moved everything to LGA vowing NEVER to return well now DL is gonna be spending a billion+ on its new Term @ JFK with a big pressence there

Anyway Im off and would apprecaite everyones help in keeping me off by not attacking me especailly if you dont know what you are talking about.I wish you all a G yr of happy travels and many Miles and Points

Please do not PM here on this site I wont be able to reply as many know my handle on FT is craz PM me there and I will try my best to answer your questions and Help you in any way I can and yes when you show me I was wrong ,admit that to You as well,as Im far from being perfect
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:58:22 PM by steve2 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2013, 07:00:47 PM »

Offline MarkS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2013, 08:00:03 PM »
In the business world there is often a need to go to treif restaurants for business meetings. I asked a Rav in Lakewood who said it's absolutely fine to sit there and it's even okay if I brought some of my own food to eat it there.

And another Psak I was given- if you just washed and are walking to your seat when a co-worker or client starts talking to you - feel free to answer them and you don't need to make a scene with nuu nuu aah nuu while you run to stuff a piece of bread in your mouth etc.

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Hebrew National being sued for not being kosher
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2013, 08:06:26 PM »
In the business world there is often a need to go to treif restaurants for business meetings. I asked a Rav in Lakewood who said it's absolutely fine to sit there and it's even okay if I brought some of my own food to eat it there.

And another Psak I was given- if you just washed and are walking to your seat when a co-worker or client starts talking to you - feel free to answer them and you don't need to make a scene with nuu nuu aah nuu while you run to stuff a piece of bread in your mouth etc.

MANY people in business order kosher meals to some pretty fancy places for their meetings etc.

"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2013, 08:10:20 PM »
MANY people in business order kosher meals to some pretty fancy places for their meetings etc.

+1
Was in middle of posting that
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline MarkS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2013, 08:13:41 PM »

I felt weird doing it at first because in a kosher restaurant you can never ever bring in outside food. But evidently non kosher restaurants have no reason to care (other than you not ordering their food).

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2013, 08:29:35 PM »
I fail to see what looking Jewish has to do with maaris ayin. According to some rishonim It applies even when you're invisible (http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/מראית_עין).

It is also unclear if maaris ayin applies in cases not explicitly described by chazal.

״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline txtmax4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2013, 09:45:54 PM »
I fail to see what looking Jewish has to do with maaris ayin. According to some rishonim It applies even when you're invisible (http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/מראית_עין).

It is also unclear if maaris ayin applies in cases not explicitly described by chazal.

+1, אמר רב יהודה אמר רב: כל מקום שאסרו חכמים מפני מראית העין אפילו בחדרי חדרים אסור.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2013, 10:13:49 PM »
A lobby/lounge is a place where people go for drinks. That is the or a primary purpose. Also I wouldn't be surprised if there is a more modern halacha explaining that since the idea of dating in a hotel lobby is so common it is no issue at all. As oppose to a restaurant which only really has one purpose- to eat.
I think there are more frum business men sitting in non kosher restaurants/events than there are frum dates in hotels.

Some NY restaurants will provide Hermolis meals upon request.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים