Author Topic: Hebrew National being sued for not being kosher  (Read 18115 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hebrew National being sued for not being kosher
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2013, 10:33:26 PM »
 knew I should have stayed off

A disclaimer, for those that dont know the only flights within the US that you can get a KSML on are JFK-SFO/LAX or EWR-SFO/LAX and EWR/IAD/IAH-HNL maybe also ORD-HNL not sure on that last 1. That said there arent any meals in coach, so you need to be in Biz (C) or 1st (F). That said the JFK-SFO/LAX flights you can only Upgrade on them using your miles or RPUs everyone earns the 1st 2 at 75k per year flown and 2 more every 25k after that. 1Ks earn 6 GPUs per year once they cross the 100k mark. That said the hardest free UPs (CPU) are EWR-SFO/LAX. And I expect to be flying back from ONT on that $52 fare in coach from SFO a PMCO 752 that arrives to connect to all of COs Intl flights, a CPU isnt in the cards

So please dont expect to reproduce what Ive been able to do, unless you are a 1K or GS the odds will be against you succeeding and I felt I should explain its not a Slam Dunk. So dont think hey I will fly NY-LA and pay $298 and get a $200 or x2 back for no meals or bad meals, in coach there arent any meals. yep That said the amount of the eCert depends on your status, so a Silver or Gold or Plat wont make out like a 1K or GS will.

And no Im not a GS and honestly I never will be since its based on Spend so buy $500,000 in ElCheapos you wont be invited to be a GS, yes its not something you earn but are invited to or you got to be lucky to be working for a compamy that gets some to give out as part of their corp contract

Its doable not easy and who knows what chages they will pull on us tomorrow. I just didnt want anyone getting back to me why didnt I explain it all now rather then after they started playing and found out the hard way

the above is in regards to COdbaUA only

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2013, 10:35:31 PM »
knew I should have stayed off

A disclaimer, for those that dont know the only flights within the US that you can get a KSML on are JFK-SFO/LAX or EWR-SFO/LAX and EWR/IAD/IAH-HNL maybe also ORD-HNL not sure on that last 1. That said there arent any meals in coach, so you need to be in Biz (C) or 1st (F). That said the JFK-SFO/LAX flights you can only Upgrade on them using your miles or RPUs everyone earns the 1st 2 at 75k per year flown and 2 more every 25k after that. 1Ks earn 6 GPUs per year once they cross the 100k mark. That said the hardest free UPs (CPU) are EWR-SFO/LAX. And I expect to be flying back from ONT on that $52 fare in coach from SFO a PMCO 752 that arrives to connect to all of COs Intl flights, a CPU isnt in the cards

So please dont expect to reproduce what Ive been able to do, unless you are a 1K or GS the odds will be against you succeeding and I felt I should explain its not a Slam Dunk. So dont think hey I will fly NY-LA and pay $298 and get a $200 or x2 back for no meals or bad meals, in coach there arent any meals. yep That said the amount of the eCert depends on your status, so a Silver or Gold or Plat wont make out like a 1K or GS will.

And no Im not a GS and honestly I never will be since its based on Spend so buy $500,000 in ElCheapos you wont be invited to be a GS, yes its not something you earn but are invited to or you got to be lucky to be working for a compamy that gets some to give out as part of their corp contract

Its doable not easy and who knows what chages they will pull on us tomorrow. I just didnt want anyone getting back to me why didnt I explain it all now rather then after they started playing and found out the hard way

the above is in regards to COdbaUA only
Thought all of that was relatively obvious but i guess not for everyone

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2013, 10:36:17 PM »
DEN/SFO/LAX/ORD-HI should also all have KSML in J/F.

Whether or not you will get it is another story, but that's the policy and it'll be good enough for a $200 ETC (got a couple of those when we last flew (IAH-HNL)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2013, 10:38:48 PM »
Wow! just read through this! Nice to hear from you Steve2! Indeed brings back memories :D

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2013, 10:46:56 PM »
Thought all of that was relatively obvious but i guess not for everyone

You have to remember every site gets its fair share of newbe's who reads something and thinks they will dup it. Thats a big problem with Compensation and leads to alot more anger and salt being poured onto their wound.

Im sure theres a Comp thread somewhere on here and when someone doesnt get what someone got they do a war dance thinking they were short changed, they just didnt know theres differences up and down the line. So I erred on the side of caution and didnt want anyone spending their $$ at the tables of Airline Chance w/o knowing that to a large extent its stacked against them succeeding or better put it has its limitations in order to 1st beable to play

Offline myb821

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2013, 10:48:50 PM »
You have to remember every site gets its fair share of newbe's who reads something and thinks they will dup it. Thats a big problem with Compensation and leads to alot more anger and salt being poured onto their wound.

Im sure theres a Comp thread somewhere on here and when someone doesnt get what someone got they do a war dance thinking they were short changed, they just didnt know theres differences up and down the line. So I erred on the side of caution and didnt want anyone spending their $$ at the tables of Airline Chance w/o knowing that to a large extent its stacked against them succeeding or better put it has its limitations in order to 1st beable to play
yea its very convenient having a family member who is GS to use their upgrades. Also if using an upgrade on an ord-hnl flight is there a way to request a kosher meal if u have not been upgraded yet?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2013, 10:52:36 PM »
Also if using an upgrade on an ord-hnl flight is there a way to request a kosher meal if u have not been upgraded yet?
No
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2013, 10:54:06 PM »
DEN/SFO/LAX/ORD-HI should also all have KSML in J/F.

Whether or not you will get it is another story, but that's the policy and it'll be good enough for a $200 ETC (got a couple of those when we last flew (IAH-HNL)

Thanks didnt know DEN,LAX or SFO was included now we can play who's the vendor! My last HI was pre 3/3 actually I think I had 2,  1/12 & 2/12. IAH-HNL I expected would have KSML. Now Im hoping my JFK-IAD remains at 4 Over and with only a carry-on find myself playing the VDB game. But its not 09 any longer and many a vastly Oversold flight in '12 went out taking on SBYs and flew with empty seats. So I dont count anything till the Fat lady sings and then to my tune ($$wise)

the cries of the Auctioners (GAs) have been deadly silent most of '11 & '12 thats for any flight.I cant remember when it was so dry for everyone

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2013, 10:57:53 PM »
the cries of the Auctioners (GAs) have been deadly silent most of '11 & '12 thats for any flight.I cant remember when it was so dry for everyone
+1, The days when I'd get bumped 4 times in one day seem to be long gone.

The airlines have really gotten their forecasting down to a science.  Irr-Ops/plane substitutes are really the only shot for VDBs these days.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2013, 11:00:08 PM »
yea its very convenient having a family member who is GS to use their upgrades. Also if using an upgrade on an ord-hnl flight is there a way to request a kosher meal if u have not been upgraded yet?

No

its worse then that, many times you will clear the UP after T-24 so then no way can the system request it. Maybe  a GS can pull it off Im not sure they could. I usually book according to what I can Confirm at time of purchase but have had problems when they switch things around with my flight times, a couple of times I had to go to the mat with them and get them to open up a Rev seat.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2013, 12:14:41 AM »
I've requested and received KSML at outstations <T12 several times.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2013, 03:53:12 AM »
Im not suppose to be posting people
It's a drug, and you're hooked.

You have so much to write. Have you considered a blog format?

Offline Lou Bob

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2020, 04:57:30 PM »
Im not suppose to be posting people

My game is way different then 110% of you on here. Im not looking for something for nothing.My game is how to get something for the least $$ out of my pocket That something with UA is keeping my status

UA had a $160 fare NY-ONT(LA) for those who go after SPG status there are 3 cat2 @ ONT usually very cheap or C&P 1600 & $30 great place to rack up Stay credits on the cheap! So I had a $100 ecert (didnt include my MP# you dont want to accumalte too many ecerts at once and I had a few IFE and KSML problems on my KIX trip last yr) so that $100 cert brought the fare to $52 and my end of Feb SNA (Orange County LA) JFK-SFO-SNA-SFO-JFK with a $200 cert was $10 and its all confirmed in Biz and F

On FT when we say such a fare most of the regs know we are talking about using some type of a cert to get it that low.I Apologize for not having spelled it out here on this site and maybe gave some of you the wrong impression.

Now if UA had any brains they would make each Status level attainable only if X $s was spent as well or at least track each persons Spend , which would close my game down! I also think *S & *G s/b be 25k and 50k no matter what carrier its earned on, and each and every year

My Spend ($$ that UA got out of me ) was under $2k yet due to my status they think my spend must be $xx,xxx  so when things go wrong they take very good care of me.But unless you have time to kill (as I do) my game wont be yours But you can still check on a reg basis Mileage Runs on FT to see what if any interest you and works for you and be flex so when Im heading West I check fares into LAX,SNA,ONT,SAN,PHX,LAS out of LGA,JFK,EWR,PHL,BDL and before purchasing make sure you check car rentals Ive found cheap fares only to see the car is $200 more so its the total of air & car together that counts and for PHX and LAS add in the extra gas. and yes at times it was worth it to me to fly into LAS (JFK-SFO-LAS) and drive to LA then any other combo, besides why pass up a night or 2 in Lost Wages and talk about cheap Stay Credits

a person who plays as I do looks for flying like  < or > or ^ or v rather then a - (non-stop) trust me it adds up very fast eg NY-LA nonstop r/t is 4950 via SFO its 6150 do it often enough and that extra 1200 EQMs saves you a couple of trips every year, granted with the wrong woman  or with kids I wouldnt want to go any other way but non-stop. And MIA is done ONLY on Avios way too costly per EQM go West guys Go West
what a call on the spend requirement.
Always use an Amex, you'll thank me one day.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2020, 05:33:31 PM »
Now if UA had any brains they would make each Status level attainable only if X $s was spent as well or at least track each persons Spend , which would close my game down!
Never give airlines good ideas @steve2 :'(
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 01:43:44 PM by Dan »