Author Topic: Anyone know of someone who would like to take some stuff to israel?  (Read 32103 times)

Offline sametfam

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
i have a few articles of clothing located in teaneck and brooklyn that im looking to get to israel. one the stuff is a total of 8.7 lbs and the other is a total of 12.7 lbs. it will not take up nearly a quarter of a suitcase, and if someone has an extra suitcase that they have no idea how to fill it - maybe you want to take my stuff?
may as well try.
thanks in advance.

Offline mmermss

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know of someone who would like to take some stuff to israel?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 09:46:23 AM »
i have a few articles of clothing located in teaneck and brooklyn that im looking to get to israel. one the stuff is a total of 8.7 lbs and the other is a total of 12.7 lbs. it will not take up nearly a quarter of a suitcase, and if someone has an extra suitcase that they have no idea how to fill it - maybe you want to take my stuff?
may as well try.
thanks in advance.
Are you offering any money?
It's not about the quantity of your posts.  It's about the quality.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 09:48:32 AM »
If you are asking someone to do you a favor, don't pretend you are doing them a favor. Just ask nicely and be gracious about it
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline sametfam

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 10:19:55 AM »
id for sure pay. but i dont want to pay 75 dollars for a full suitcase, if it wont fill one up. sorry i wasnt clear with that.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:33:58 AM by sametfam »

Offline real-brisker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 01:12:41 PM »
Ergel - C'mon  he was trying to be cute.

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 01:18:06 PM »
I also need something from America. But its an iPhone out if box. Ill ship it to u. 25$
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 01:28:17 PM »
I also need something from America. But its an iPhone out if box. Ill ship it to u. 25$
That's riskier than taking a few pounds of clothes...

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 02:00:02 PM »
That's riskier than taking a few pounds of clothes...

Not 1.

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 02:55:51 PM »
Not 1.
+1
1 phone you can always say its for your own use.

Offline elizmm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • 404 - Page not found
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 03:25:10 PM »
You need to be wary of taking anything for anyone, even on DDF and even just clothes.

Not trying to sound paranoid but there can be diamonds sewn into the garments. I am not saying not to take anything, all I am suggesting is to be extra careful and do a bit of research (references, people you both know, a Rov..)
It is all from Hashem and he will continue to give!

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 03:30:27 PM »
You need to be wary of taking anything for anyone, even on DDF and even just clothes.

Not trying to sound paranoid but there can be diamonds sewn into the garments. I am not saying not to take anything, all I am suggesting is to be extra careful and do a bit of research (references, people you both know, a Rov..)
+1
Not sure all the details to this story but I heard someone brought a cake to Israel for someone...before he was able to leave the cake fell and in the cake was diamonds or something like that.  He went to buy a duplicate of the cake and brought it to Israel.  When the guy received it he realized there weren't any diamonds in the cake...so he asked the guy who brought it...what happened to the diamonds??  So the guy replied diamonds?? Oh there were diamonds in the cake?  Oh you wanted me to smuggle diamonds in the cake?

Offline elizmm

• View Profile
    • 404 - Page not found
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 05:33:34 PM »
+1
Not sure all the details to this story but I heard someone brought a cake to Israel for someone...before he was able to leave the cake fell and in the cake was diamonds or something like that.  He went to buy a duplicate of the cake and brought it to Israel.  When the guy received it he realized there weren't any diamonds in the cake...so he asked the guy who brought it...what happened to the diamonds??  So the guy replied diamonds?? Oh there were diamonds in the cake?  Oh you wanted me to smuggle diamonds in the cake?

Here is a forward I once received:

DON’T TAKE ANYTHING FROM ANYONE, FOR ANYONE!!!

1.     Three Yeshiva Bochurim are now sitting in jail in Japan . A “Heimish Yid was announcing that in honor of Reb. Elimelech of Lizensks Yurtzeit, he is giving away free tickets. He claims that "he has only 3 tickets left". Of course a ton of men and bochurim wanted to get the "three last tickets". One boy was a few weeks before his Chasuna and he almost got the ticket but his father didn’t allow him to go. These three were the lucky ones to get the tickets to Lizensk. It made sense. Then at the airport the man shows up and says if you take the suitcase of antiques to Japan on the way home, I will give you a few hundred dollars. They thought why not. They were normal boys from normal families. They went to Lizensk and then to Japan . In Japan , the Authorities are very on top of drugs; they are very sophisticated and were caught it in a second. They are today, in solitary confinement, in a 4x4 cell. They are being subjected to extremely cruel treatment and do not even get to go to see the sunlight for a moment at all. All they get to eat there is rice. The situation is extremely serious, as in Japanese law, such an offense can incur life imprisonment, or worse.  Hashem Yeracheim!

2.     A frum man, holding a few boxes of “matzos,” asked a yid on the plane to help him with his load. He held the package for him and upon arrival at the Terminal; he wanted to give back the boxes of “matzos.” The man asked him to carry it through customs. He replied that if he can first look inside the box, he’ll be willing to carry it through. The man refused, took back the box, and went to look for a different innocent victim.

3.     A yingerman sat in jail in France for a year together with his wife for doing a “tova” a heimishe Yid.  She had a baby in jail!

4.     A “Chassidishe” man asked an elderly woman to take a pair of winter boots to Bnei Brak. “They’re expensive in Israel ,” the person said, “and warm boots is needed, as it is cold there.” She took it. Upon delivering it to the recipient, he cracked off the heel, told her to wait until he counted the diamonds, and sternly told her that she’s lucky that the correct number of diamonds were there!

5.     A “frum” man asked a bochur to take an envelope containing shtorei gittin to Rav Meir Bransdorfer from the Eida Hachreidus. On the plane, the bochur mentioned it to his friend. The friend exclaimed that the same thing happened to him. They became suspicious. They went to the bathroom on the plane, opened the envelopes, and found that they contained drugs! They flushed the drugs down the airplane toilet. Upon arrival in Israel , the authorities pulled them aside but found nothing. The bochurim then explained what happened. The police checked the airplane toilet to corroborate their story, found traces of drugs, and let the bochurim free. What had happened? The drug dealer tipped off the Israeli customs agents about these two bochurim in order to divert the Israeli police from the big cache that they themselves were bringing in.

6.      A yingerman was traveling from London to Israel . His neighbor asked if he could take “Nescafe Coffee” to his relative. He said no problem. As he was putting the jar in his suitcase, it fell and smashed. Out came a handful of diamonds. He was furious. So, without saying anything, he took a brand new unopened jar and gave it to the relative. (After playing dumb for a while, he gave back the diamonds, along with some mussar.)

7.      Before Rosh Hashanah, a yingerman was approached to bring into Israel a few Shofras. He decided to practice blowing from them but he just couldn’t get a sound out of them. He inspected it ---- it turned out that it was stuffed with drugs.

8.      A yingerman from Antwerp married in the US . After a number of years, he wanted very much to visit his Parents, in Antwerp , for a Shabbos, but wasn’t able to afford the Plane Ticket. He found out that there was someone willing to pay a Ticket if you bring back a “small pekel” of Diamonds. He decided to take the risk. The worst that can happen if caught, is that they will confiscate them.  On arrival in the U.S., he was frisked away by Agents and was shocked when they told him that the “pekel” contained drugs. He sat in one of the worst Prisons wearing the orange Prison clothing. His mazal was that this wasn’t the first such case that came before this Judge, and was deported after a year.

9.      A famous machnis orach in London got a call from one of his guests saying he left his Tallis bag and if he could send it with someone going to Israel . The machnis orach said, “I’m going next week, I'll take it”. On arrival in Ben Gurion Airport , it was discovered that there were drugs in the Tefillin bag. They wanted to arrest him so he called his Rov who said that he can't give over the name but he can tell them that there is someone waiting outside, and under their watchful eyes, he’ll hand over the Tefilin bag. They agreed but warned him, any suspicious movement and he'll be shot. He handed the bag, and the other guy was arrested on the spot.

10.  An Australian couple took a Chumash that turned out to have drugs hidden in it, they both were imprisoned. She was due to give birth any day……she almost had that baby in Jail, but they let her out, though the husband was in Jail for nearly a year.

11. When taking medicine to Israel, take the bottle to your pharmacist to check if its contents match what is stated on the bottle.

12. When bringing in Medicine to the U.S. , make sure they are FDA approved.
It is all from Hashem and he will continue to give!

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 05:57:26 PM »
+1

This can't be true...
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline whYME

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 06:02:33 PM »
Here is a forward I once received:

DON’T TAKE ANYTHING FROM ANYONE, FOR ANYONE!!!

1.     Three Yeshiva Bochurim are now sitting in jail in Japan . A “Heimish Yid was announcing that in honor of Reb. Elimelech of Lizensks Yurtzeit, he is giving away free tickets. He claims that "he has only 3 tickets left". Of course a ton of men and bochurim wanted to get the "three last tickets". One boy was a few weeks before his Chasuna and he almost got the ticket but his father didn’t allow him to go. These three were the lucky ones to get the tickets to Lizensk. It made sense. Then at the airport the man shows up and says if you take the suitcase of antiques to Japan on the way home, I will give you a few hundred dollars. They thought why not. They were normal boys from normal families. They went to Lizensk and then to Japan . In Japan , the Authorities are very on top of drugs; they are very sophisticated and were caught it in a second. They are today, in solitary confinement, in a 4x4 cell. They are being subjected to extremely cruel treatment and do not even get to go to see the sunlight for a moment at all. All they get to eat there is rice. The situation is extremely serious, as in Japanese law, such an offense can incur life imprisonment, or worse.  Hashem Yeracheim!

2.     A frum man, holding a few boxes of “matzos,” asked a yid on the plane to help him with his load. He held the package for him and upon arrival at the Terminal; he wanted to give back the boxes of “matzos.” The man asked him to carry it through customs. He replied that if he can first look inside the box, he’ll be willing to carry it through. The man refused, took back the box, and went to look for a different innocent victim.

3.     A yingerman sat in jail in France for a year together with his wife for doing a “tova” a heimishe Yid.  She had a baby in jail!

4.     A “Chassidishe” man asked an elderly woman to take a pair of winter boots to Bnei Brak. “They’re expensive in Israel ,” the person said, “and warm boots is needed, as it is cold there.” She took it. Upon delivering it to the recipient, he cracked off the heel, told her to wait until he counted the diamonds, and sternly told her that she’s lucky that the correct number of diamonds were there!

5.     A “frum” man asked a bochur to take an envelope containing shtorei gittin to Rav Meir Bransdorfer from the Eida Hachreidus. On the plane, the bochur mentioned it to his friend. The friend exclaimed that the same thing happened to him. They became suspicious. They went to the bathroom on the plane, opened the envelopes, and found that they contained drugs! They flushed the drugs down the airplane toilet. Upon arrival in Israel , the authorities pulled them aside but found nothing. The bochurim then explained what happened. The police checked the airplane toilet to corroborate their story, found traces of drugs, and let the bochurim free. What had happened? The drug dealer tipped off the Israeli customs agents about these two bochurim in order to divert the Israeli police from the big cache that they themselves were bringing in.

6.      A yingerman was traveling from London to Israel . His neighbor asked if he could take “Nescafe Coffee” to his relative. He said no problem. As he was putting the jar in his suitcase, it fell and smashed. Out came a handful of diamonds. He was furious. So, without saying anything, he took a brand new unopened jar and gave it to the relative. (After playing dumb for a while, he gave back the diamonds, along with some mussar.)

7.      Before Rosh Hashanah, a yingerman was approached to bring into Israel a few Shofras. He decided to practice blowing from them but he just couldn’t get a sound out of them. He inspected it ---- it turned out that it was stuffed with drugs.

8.      A yingerman from Antwerp married in the US . After a number of years, he wanted very much to visit his Parents, in Antwerp , for a Shabbos, but wasn’t able to afford the Plane Ticket. He found out that there was someone willing to pay a Ticket if you bring back a “small pekel” of Diamonds. He decided to take the risk. The worst that can happen if caught, is that they will confiscate them.  On arrival in the U.S., he was frisked away by Agents and was shocked when they told him that the “pekel” contained drugs. He sat in one of the worst Prisons wearing the orange Prison clothing. His mazal was that this wasn’t the first such case that came before this Judge, and was deported after a year.

9.      A famous machnis orach in London got a call from one of his guests saying he left his Tallis bag and if he could send it with someone going to Israel . The machnis orach said, “I’m going next week, I'll take it”. On arrival in Ben Gurion Airport , it was discovered that there were drugs in the Tefillin bag. They wanted to arrest him so he called his Rov who said that he can't give over the name but he can tell them that there is someone waiting outside, and under their watchful eyes, he’ll hand over the Tefilin bag. They agreed but warned him, any suspicious movement and he'll be shot. He handed the bag, and the other guy was arrested on the spot.

10.  An Australian couple took a Chumash that turned out to have drugs hidden in it, they both were imprisoned. She was due to give birth any day……she almost had that baby in Jail, but they let her out, though the husband was in Jail for nearly a year.

11. When taking medicine to Israel, take the bottle to your pharmacist to check if its contents match what is stated on the bottle.

12. When bringing in Medicine to the U.S. , make sure they are FDA approved.
It seems to me like this fall into the "shoyte if you believe they all happened, kofer if you think they couldn't have happened" category.

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 06:05:45 PM »
This can't be true...
Could be I got alot of details wrong...

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 06:06:15 PM »
Amazing, if true.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Menucha

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 07:47:17 PM »
israel law doesnt allow to bring any electronics, even for your own use, if value is over $200 in total, including all gifts. they have a book, they know value, so your iphone can get someone messed up badly.  My sister asked to bring her one, and I declined. once they get you, they take it away, there is penalty, and you get info a black list. Asking a stranger to do you a favor by breaking the law and possibly get in trouble? I am being honest.  No Thanks.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 07:49:36 PM »
israel law doesnt allow to bring any electronics, even for your own use, if value is over $200 in total, including all gifts. they have a book, they know value, so your iphone can get someone messed up badly.  My sister asked to bring her one, and I declined. once they get you, they take it away, there is penalty, and you get info a black list. Asking a stranger to do you a favor by breaking the law and possibly get in trouble? I am being honest.  No Thanks.

Thanks. My q wasnt for u! I maybe wrong in this but with all due respect i think u might be misinformed about this current topic at hand.

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 08:21:30 PM »
Amazing, if true.
Craziness, all for the sake of the "war on drugs", omg. ::)

Offline Menucha

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 09:11:51 PM »
i was responding to the lady who asked for someone to take in an iphone 5, which has a value above the allowance, and need to be declared and paid for.