Author Topic: Anyone know of someone who would like to take some stuff to israel?  (Read 32141 times)

Offline real-brisker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know of someone who would like to take some stuff to israel?
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2013, 11:26:57 AM »
Rots - Gut voch, I guess so, if it is out of the box and it is for "personal use". But 2 is pushing!

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2013, 12:24:24 PM »
Rots - Gut voch, I guess so, if it is out of the box and it is for "personal use". But 2 is pushing!
not really. But ymmv i suppose.  But honestly so go declare it and ull get it money back if that makes u feel better :-).
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2013, 12:32:34 PM »
not really. But ymmv i suppose.  But honestly so go declare it and ull get it money back if that makes u feel better :-).
I am not trying to be a goodie here. :-)
I'm going with a reverse approach. What happens if they pull you out of the green lane with 2 iPhones on you? Even out of the box?

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2013, 12:38:38 PM »
I am not trying to be a goodie here. :-)
I'm going with a reverse approach. What happens if they pull you out of the green lane with 2 iPhones on you? Even out of the box?
out if the box?!?  That's no biggie.  There for my kids.  And if u want receipts carry two receipts if upgrades for less than 200. I have plenty 2 of those it happens to be  ;D

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2013, 12:46:52 PM »
out if the box?!?  That's no biggie.  There for my kids.  And if u want receipts carry two receipts if upgrades for less than 200. I have plenty 2 of those it happens to be  ;D
Ok, I guess I am more of a worrier than you. :-)
I have gotten pulled over already, Good thing i had nothing to hide, as they scanned all my bags.

It happened to be cute, after they scan my bags they pull me over to the monitor and point at something in what of the bags, and asks "whats that?"
I honestly had no idea, i couldn't recognize it from the picture, and didn't remember what I packed where. I told the guy "sorry I have no idea".
He answer's me, "what do you mean you have no idea?",
I tell him "I dint know what I packed where... if you want lets open it up and check it out" (I had nothing to hide)
He realizes that and says "ok, get outta here!"

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2013, 01:10:36 PM »
Ok, I guess I am more of a worrier than you. :-)
I have gotten pulled over already, Good thing i had nothing to hide, as they scanned all my bags.

It happened to be cute, after they scan my bags they pull me over to the monitor and point at something in what of the bags, and asks "whats that?"
I honestly had no idea, i couldn't recognize it from the picture, and didn't remember what I packed where. I told the guy "sorry I have no idea".
He answer's me, "what do you mean you have no idea?",
I tell him "I dint know what I packed where... if you want lets open it up and check it out" (I had nothing to hide)
He realizes that and says "ok, get outta here!"

like i said i got pulled over too! and i had to pay. but when he pulled me over i just tld my wife just cont walking dont stop - and she waited oytside but a 33 inch narrow looking box will get u pulled over (wasnt trying to hide it though - i just didnt fully realize everything - being i was moving to IL with that trip) anyways he then scanned all my items and also showed me something on the screen i said i dont know but it lookes like my shabbat cup as i told him or the mini ones and he said ok wtvr - then he went thru my camera bad and all and said nothing it was just the compt that he made me pul out the issue was i re packed it the same way i received it - figured if UPS didnt break it then hopefully it wont break on the flight

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2013, 01:18:14 PM »
like i said i got pulled over too! and i had to pay. but when he pulled me over i just tld my wife just cont walking dont stop - and she waited oytside but a 33 inch narrow looking box will get u pulled over (wasnt trying to hide it though - i just didnt fully realize everything - being i was moving to IL with that trip) anyways he then scanned all my items and also showed me something on the screen i said i dont know but it lookes like my shabbat cup as i told him or the mini ones and he said ok wtvr - then he went thru my camera bad and all and said nothing it was just the compt that he made me pul out the issue was i re packed it the same way i received it - figured if UPS didnt break it then hopefully it wont break on the flight
No problem. But these guys aint stupid when it comes to electronics, especially iPhones!

Offline Jkhein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2013, 01:39:01 PM »
If they catch you, they can rip you off. And it is hard to fight. BH never had experience, but heard so.

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2013, 01:46:19 PM »
If they catch you, they can rip you off. And it is hard to fight. BH never had experience, but heard so.
My brother experinced it.

Offline L'Chaim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2013, 04:47:45 PM »
Duh....and one iPhone proves what?!? Its prob yours in my mind -  Menucha, how many times have u been in and out of this country?!? U sound childish and a little skewed - u think no one comes into the country with cameras valued over 200$?!?! Since u obviously have no class at all - what about my תפילין?!?!? I never declared Ny of it. What about the 10k cash rule as well do u have to declare that. So pls stop before ur ahead. Hope i clarified the misconception that might be building up.

It's 80k shekel = more than $20k.

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2013, 06:36:41 PM »
no no everyone i know what menucha is saying but its ok to bring one in not in a box! i never said anything specific i just need my phone its already paid for with an upgrade 40$ and its not called anything if its out of the box - i thik i know this bec i GOT caught bringing in an imac when i forst came (obviously i didnt really know) bec i wast trying to ide a 33 inch box but i left the recipt in the door and it showed it was personal use so of course i had to pay 800 shek for the VAT and then another 800 shek bec of a knas - i know how thinese things work. then while he ws going thru all my stuff he saw my 700$ camera NOT IN THE BOX BUT IN THE CARRYING CASE and he also saw the 10k that i brought in for a kollel and he didnt say anything so yes you are all right but just like my tefilin they wont knas me so they wont one phone not in the box!

and p.s . i dont mind being wrong but ive asked ppl in high places about the laws here and if im wrong then kol hakavod i can accept

I love you dearly, rots5, but... does the word "punctuation" mean anything to you? ???

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Anyone know of someone who would like to take some stuff to israel?
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2013, 09:21:59 PM »
I love you dearly, rots5, but... does the word "punctuation" mean anything to you? ???
+1   Lol.   Let's first start with the spelling!  ;)

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2013, 01:57:58 AM »
Doesn't count when im on a smartphone walking - typing half and using Siri for the other.  This all of a sudden became a lets bash rots thread?  :) ;D :( 8) :P :-[ :-X ::)

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Anyone know of someone who would like to take some stuff to israel?
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2013, 02:00:49 AM »
Doesn't count when im on a smartphone walking - typing half and using Siri for the other.  This all of a sudden became a lets bash rots thread?  :) ;D :( 8) :P :-[ :-X ::)
Sorry man, didn't mean to bash :)

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2013, 02:03:35 AM »
Looks like someone just learned about the emoticion feature  :-X ;D

Disclaimer: this is not a bash  ;)  ;D

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2013, 02:12:57 AM »
Looks like someone just learned about the emoticion feature  :-X ;D

Disclaimer: this is not a bash  ;)  ;D

nope i didnt think it was a bash just thought it was funny to post - plus i put all those there to show its funny yet embarrassing  ;D

Offline mmermss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2013, 02:20:01 AM »
Doesn't count when im on a smartphone walking - typing half and using Siri for the other.  This all of a sudden became the secondlets bash rots thread?  :) ;D :( 8) :P :-[ :-X ::)
FTFY
I couldn't find the first but I know it existed  :P
It's not about the quantity of your posts.  It's about the quality.

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2013, 03:00:15 AM »

Ummmmm... yes, it DOES count. I'm also on a smartphone, walking, half the time. But I proofread before I click "Post", because I want my posts to be readable.

And no, this was not a bash. You know (from real life) that I like you very much, and I want to help you. Bit if it's a long post with not a single COMMA or PERIOD, it becomes extremely painful to read. How am I supposed to help you if I can't make it through what you wrote?

(Disclaimer: this is STILL not a bash, and I am still your friend. ;))

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2013, 03:05:28 AM »
@moishybatchy.  U upset no kiddush this week?! chulent was to salty anyways  ;D Ever watch talgada nights? Well here's the clip.  And yes mmerms ppl have bashed Me but that had nothing to do with anything. But here uncle moishes right.  Im sorry!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Af-Id_fuXFA

Its not letting me imbed

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2013, 03:26:54 AM »
I agree that is much harder to have punctuation while posting from a phone. Yet, it's no excuse.