Author Topic: help planning trip to europe  (Read 10758 times)

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: help planning trip to europe
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 08:13:37 PM »
he could sell the miles for at least 1.5, buy the ticket which earns more miles, and be left with $100 in his pocket
+1
Alternatively, if he is selling the miles,  he can fly business class with US and use the money to top up spg and for cash+points for hotel stays.

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2010, 08:42:49 PM »
i was there in august and did not have the same experience as steve 2. we enjoyed it immensely

I was there 8/09 were U as well? I know others that were there in 7/09 and 6/09 and everyone had the same option if at all possible go early June or before of mid Sept onwards its worse then Miami in Augtheres got to be  areason why all the locals arent to be found in rome or Venice comes July/August

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2010, 02:00:06 AM »
august 2008

Offline steve L

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
europe
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2010, 06:49:49 PM »
i looked on tha ana award search for flights and see that they are available but was wondering how many miles it would cost in business

so 8/16 jfk to ams then thinking of taking train to paris not sure if can get flight from ams to cdg as it says on ana it doesnt work and then then eitheir with this ticket or cheap ryainair ticket from cdg to vce.

and then on 8/26 from vce to jfk which is there is availible.
so the question is does the sound like a good trip. i just want to see europe and heard that amsterdam is gorgeous. can i get a connecting flight from ams to cdg or is the train a good solution which i dont mind? and if going to italy does it make sense to go to venice without going to rome? which of the italian cities is a must do? thank you so much

Offline steve L

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2010, 11:12:06 PM »
i looked on tha ana award search for flights and see that they are available but was wondering how many miles it would cost in business

so 8/16 jfk to ams then thinking of taking train to paris not sure if can get flight from ams to cdg as it says on ana it doesnt work and then then eitheir with this ticket or cheap ryainair ticket from cdg to vce.

and then on 8/26 from vce to jfk which is there is availible.
so the question is does the sound like a good trip. i just want to see europe and heard that amsterdam is gorgeous. can i get a connecting flight from ams to cdg or is the train a good solution which i dont mind? and if going to italy does it make sense to go to venice without going to rome? which of the italian cities is a must do? thank you so much