Author Topic: Book with BA and United to europe ?  (Read 822 times)

Offline fly2euro

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Book with BA and United to europe ?
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:37:37 AM »
   I purchased miles to get 6 tickets (BA) and 3 (United) tickets, now here is the decision:
   Can I use United miles to book BA ? or Can I use BA to book United ? I just try to have all of our family (6) go together ...

We do have another 230k with AA, if that is an option ( to flight together ) ....

TIA,
   Fly2euro

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Book with BA and United to europe ?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 11:45:05 AM »
 Nope #1 UA & BA are 2 different Alliances UA is Star Alliance while BA is One World

#2 although AA & BA are Both in OW you cant use miles from 1 to fly on the other over the Atlantic

so either youd need to buy some more miles on 1 program , buy a few $$ tkts or spilit everyone up into at least 2 groups
 Out of NY UA doesnt fly non-stop, BA flys only to London and even AA doesnt fly to many places. I suggest use BA and the rest on AA that will connect (if London isnt the final destination) on BA so hopefully you all can be on the same flight out of London, but good luck finding 6 tkts on any 1 flight

PS you arent done giving your $$ to BA as they have a fuel surcharge per flight segment = lets say Rome is your final destination then it would be 2 long hauls (to/from the US) and 2 short hauls (to/from London) or 4 segments, then London has the higest departure taxes I know of so it will be anything but cheap. A free AA coach tkt is $125 for taxes alone and thats just non-stop to London
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 11:48:09 AM by steve2 »

Offline fly2euro

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Book with BA and United to europe ?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 11:45:26 AM »
   Thanks Steve: I do see you points completely....

I will use the BA miles for our domestic ticket then. For our Europe trip, will use combo of AA and UA miles to be more effective .

Fly2euro