Author Topic: Mazel Tov AsherO!!!  (Read 32383 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Mazel Tov AsherO!!!
« Reply #260 on: March 20, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
It's worth waiting for, IMO.

It's most definitely idyllic and all but it's just not for everyone. It costs a ton of money to stay in a nice OWB, requires an exhausting amount of travel, and it's hard to get there with miles.  Plus if you don't like snorkeling/diving or chilling on the beach for days on end you will be bored out of your mind after a couple days.

Kauai is much more beautiful, has far more activities (Maui has even more, though it's more touristy), is much cheaper, and you can be there within 12 hours instead of 35 hours.

Is it worth all of the extra hassle just to be over the water? Perhaps for some, but it wouldn't be my general reccomendation.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #261 on: March 20, 2013, 01:45:24 PM »
I had a feeling you may disagree, and I can't *truly* argue with you because I've not been to Kauai, but MLE, simply on its own merits (and not relative to LIH), is worth waiting for -- especially because your honeymoon is a once in a lifetime type of thing.

You don't need to honeymoon in the first 17 minutes of marriage... I certainly didn't. I waited until the right hotel room came along, for the right price, and I did the same with the airline availability, and when combined I went on a trip that I will never in a million years forget.

Yes, the distance is a bit further, but the fact that my wife and I were in EY F, in a suite with doors, for the first time, made those hours slip by. In fact, as I noted in my TR, we were upset the flight was *only* 14 hours. It truly did disappoint us both.

Then the F lounge in AUH, and the sea plane and the owb, and the tropical fish -- it amounted to an experience that, although it may have been "once in a lifetime", we are dying to replicate.

As you pointed out, LIH is only 11 hours away, is much easier to plan, and is likely cheaper -- all factors which militate to one's choosing it at a time when life may be a bit more hectic (like a year or two down the line).

/.02
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #262 on: March 20, 2013, 02:01:02 PM »
As you pointed out, LIH is only 11 hours away, is much easier to plan, and is likely cheaper -- all factors which militate to one's choosing it at a time when life may be a bit more hectic (like a year or two down the line).
Really depends on kids.
HI is far more fun without 'em.  Can't exactly go all day/overnight hiking, snorkeling, kayaking, jetskiing, spelunking, helicoptering/ultra-lighting, swimming under a waterfall, etc with a baby in tow.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #263 on: March 20, 2013, 02:02:33 PM »
So take 2 honeymoons.

That's what I did :)
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #264 on: March 21, 2013, 01:43:08 PM »
So take 2 honeymoons.

That's what I did :)
and Dan's on what honeymoon #8?

I always saw myself doing an around the world award in first, knocking off the top 3 of each of our bucket list places in the world. But obviously everything changes when it gets practical...
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #265 on: March 22, 2013, 01:43:09 AM »
It seems we have a psychic among us.  :)

So I guess the happy couple is in an OWB somewhere enjoying their honeymoon.  :)

I'm wishing for MLE, but I don't know if I have enough points/cash/time/award-availability so it might not be in the cards.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half