Author Topic: Carbs Fat and Protein / Supplements  (Read 3130 times)

Offline 5/3

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Carbs Fat and Protein / Supplements
« on: July 24, 2023, 02:36:23 PM »
Having taken a class on human nutrition class glad I did it when I did as might of been tempted to do the American thing of more is better and taken on some Keto, Atkins or some other diet or taken too many supplements without bloodwork to see if I was in range.

A good place to figure generalized diet advise is the https://www.nal.usda.gov/human-nutrition-and-food-safety/dri-calculator which lists the recommended daily amount and the upper intake level which becomes toxic if you go above for the Vitamins and Minerals. Also lists the range of Macronutrients to stay within. If you are in U.S.A. and are one of the two to three percent (2-3%) that this calculator does not apply to then see a Register Dietitian. Covered by most insurance in the stateside if you are (sometimes pre) diabetic, obese (B.M.I. equal or grater than 30) and some other conditions that cover the consoling one on one. Otherwise a class, book by a Register Dietitian (sometimes called Register Dietitian Nutritionist, though not called just a nutritionist as basically just a class and pass a test verses for the former two (of three) vastly more schooling and supervised around the sun multiple times (years) over (i.e. years)).

Offline justaregularguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Carbs Fat and Protein / Supplements
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 10:53:26 PM »
Having taken a class on human nutrition class glad I did it when I did as might of been tempted to do the American thing of more is better and taken on some Keto, Atkins or some other diet or taken too many supplements without bloodwork to see if I was in range.

A good place to figure generalized diet advise is the https://www.nal.usda.gov/human-nutrition-and-food-safety/dri-calculator which lists the recommended daily amount and the upper intake level which becomes toxic if you go above for the Vitamins and Minerals. Also lists the range of Macronutrients to stay within. If you are in U.S.A. and are one of the two to three percent (2-3%) that this calculator does not apply to then see a Register Dietitian. Covered by most insurance in the stateside if you are (sometimes pre) diabetic, obese (B.M.I. equal or grater than 30) and some other conditions that cover the consoling one on one. Otherwise a class, book by a Register Dietitian (sometimes called Register Dietitian Nutritionist, though not called just a nutritionist as basically just a class and pass a test verses for the former two (of three) vastly more schooling and supervised around the sun multiple times (years) over (i.e. years)).
This post is almost as clear as the Chinese UGG thread
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline 5/3

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Carbs Fat and Protein / Supplements
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 08:46:53 AM »
This post is almost as clear as the Chinese UGG thread

Not sure what that thread is other then maybe a few shoe ones.

Am not a good writer here due to print disability if that is what you are getting at.