Topic Wiki

This thread is to discuss whether people feel that something is unethical, not to find out what the law*/T&C says.

Any Halachic questions should be posted here.

*According to CountValentine this includes religion, but unfortunately for him, the general consensus is that religion will always be entwined in this thread.

*Hint* It's most likely not ethical.

Author Topic: Is It Ethical?  (Read 327562 times)

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Is It Ethical?
« Reply #2625 on: March 12, 2021, 10:43:32 AM »
Actually, I'm tempted to apply for the voucher just to see if they issue it, but I would not actually use it.
The problem with that, is they need to count it as a liability.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: March 12, 2021, 10:51:53 AM »
The problem with that, is they need to count it as a liability.

You're assuming that SAA is able to count anything
Quote from: ExGingi
Yehuda57 needs to spew a certain amount of sarcasm in order to survive through the day.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #2627 on: March 12, 2021, 12:35:16 PM »
Last year I bought 4 tickets on SAA from JFK-JNB for Pesach. Then there was this thing called Covid-19 and all flights were canceled, and I requested a refund for the flights which did not even take off even if we would have wanted to travel. They did not respond to the refund requests (by phone and email) and so I disputed the CC charges and was refunded in full.

More than a year later they finally responded to the email, and are offering me a refund in the form of an SAA travel voucher. Now, it is entirely possible that after I fill in the voucher request form they sent they will pick up that the charges were refunded. It's also SAA, which has the competence level of an average journalist reporting on frum Jews, so more than likely not. It is also entirely possible that SAA will never fly from JFK again and I will have no use for the voucher.

I think applying for the voucher is kind of stealing, but I'm being told by some I'm crazy and I should absolutely fill out the form, and if they send me a voucher, it's on them.
That is some next level incompetency. Impressive even for SAA.
Answer back that your credit card gave you a refund, but you'll be happy to take a voucher as well.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: March 12, 2021, 01:23:25 PM »
Noob question:
Would that affect credit score? Or only loans going to collection?
Most hospitals send to an internal collection department first and they are fully capable of negotiating a significant amount off.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: March 12, 2021, 02:06:03 PM »
someone that finds a millions dollars with a name on it is also crazy for returning it

or to pass by on Shabbos and skipping it

Apples and oranges, the former is an ethical/moral dilemma (bein adam lachavero) the latter is a religious dilemma (bein adam lamakom) and not relevent here at all.