Topic Wiki

The wiki is divided into groups for "fact" and "opinion." Please feel free to add whichever facts you know and opinions you have. Please try to avoid cluttering the wiki with unnecessary information such as outside links.

Please do not delete anything from this wiki.  If you disagree with an opinion, feel free to post your own. If you disagree with a fact--well, that's your opinion, and feel free to post it under opinions!

Facts
The flu vaccine causes more deaths per year than chicken pox.
The direct injection of RSV immunoglobulin, commonly known as the "RSV vaccine" would prevent 16x more deaths than the flu vaccine does, but is too expensive.
There is a vaccine for the plague, and that is why it is no longer an epidemic.
Ebola is caused by vaccines.
There is a vaccine for autism, but it causes mumps.

Opinions
Vaccines do not contain thimerosal, a known toxin.
If you snuck up on your neighbor's kid and cut open his skull, you would be arrested.  But when brain surgeons do it, and charge hundreds of thousands of dollars, it considered "medicine."
99% of vaccines do not cause autism (HT JJ1000).
Every pedi has seen healthy kids become sick physically & mentally hours after a vax (HT Baryochai)
Vaccines cause cancer, infertility, astma, adhd etc (HT Baryochai)

Poll

Did You Get The Flu Vaccine This Winter?

Yes (Shot)
121 (37.6%)
Yes (Nasal Spray)
5 (1.6%)
No
196 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 320

Author Topic: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread  (Read 557039 times)

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
Re: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread
« Reply #1000 on: May 15, 2014, 01:36:44 PM »
Exactly the opposite. :) Yes, they used the same strain as the vaccine, but, if anything, the vaccine would prevent that treatment from working.

"Most people have been inoculated with the vaccine, rendering it vulnerable to their immune systems. But patients with multiple myeloma often have suppressed immune systems, which can allow the virus to do its work.

"...Once the vaccine has been delivered, the body’s immune system will recognize it and attack it. Russell said breaking down the immune system before the treatment will be part of another upcoming clinical trial."

So, as it pertains to this conversation, one should not vaccinate against measles, because if G-d forbid the child later in life suffers from multiple myeloma, there is a currently untested/unproven treatment that may have a tiny chance of being slightly slowed down by the vaccine - due to its effectiveness.

HUH? They got over that problem by just upping the dose....

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #1001 on: May 15, 2014, 01:39:28 PM »
HUH? They got over that problem by just upping the dose....

You realize I am joking, right? I though the smiley face would cover that.

Comment I saw elsewhere: "What a horribly biased article. It doesn't even mention the IMMEDIATE autism that the women surely suffered thanks to the large amounts of vaccine!"

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #1002 on: May 15, 2014, 01:43:08 PM »
You realize I am joking, right? I though the smiley face would cover that.

Comment I saw elsewhere: "What a horribly biased article. It doesn't even mention the IMMEDIATE autism that the women surely suffered thanks to the large amounts of vaccine!"
LOL

Offline Moshe123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost

Offline churnbabychurn

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: May 15, 2014, 11:19:55 PM »
Exactly the opposite. :) Yes, they used the same strain as the vaccine, but, if anything, the vaccine would prevent that treatment from working.

"Most people have been inoculated with the vaccine, rendering it vulnerable to their immune systems. But patients with multiple myeloma often have suppressed immune systems, which can allow the virus to do its work.

"...Once the vaccine has been delivered, the body’s immune system will recognize it and attack it. Russell said breaking down the immune system before the treatment will be part of another upcoming clinical trial."

So, as it pertains to this conversation, one should not vaccinate against measles, because if G-d forbid the child later in life suffers from multiple myeloma, there is a currently untested/unproven treatment that may have a tiny chance of being slightly slowed down by the vaccine - due to its effectiveness.

What they would probably say is, that this is a proof that it's good for people to get sick, so vaccinations cause cancer.

Its very fun to be #devilsadvocate when you don't have to make sense.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1006 on: May 18, 2014, 07:17:06 PM »
Another example why intested and non reliable statistics are to be taken with a grain of salt.

http://boingboing.net/2013/01/01/correlation-between-autism-dia.html
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 19, 2014, 09:10:47 AM »
Another example why intested and non reliable statistics are to be taken with a grain of salt.

http://boingboing.net/2013/01/01/correlation-between-autism-dia.html

Repost   ;)

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #1008 on: May 19, 2014, 09:45:45 AM »

Offline yidelle

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 19, 2014, 01:13:23 PM »
Please make sure to read the other side of the story. Please see that attached pdf file from a new organization called Venishmartem:

וועד למען קיום
וְנִשְׁמַרְתֶּם
מְאֹד לְנַפְשֹׁתֵיכֶם

היות עס גייען לעצטענס ארום מענטשען וואס באלאנגן צו א קולט וואס האלטן אז מען טאר נישט געבען אימיונוזאציע פאר קינדער און דערשרעקן דעהם עולם מיט פאלשע און פארפירישע פאקטן, פילן מיר פאר א פליכט צו באריכטן "די אנדערע צד", וואס איז די שיטה פון אלע היימישע דאקטורים און מאנסי, וויליאמסבורג, בארא פארק, לעיקוואוד און פלעטבוש.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 19, 2014, 03:48:32 PM »
Please make sure to read the other side of the story. Please see that attached pdf file from a new organization called Venishmartem:

וועד למען קיום
וְנִשְׁמַרְתֶּם
מְאֹד לְנַפְשֹׁתֵיכֶם

היות עס גייען לעצטענס ארום מענטשען וואס באלאנגן צו א קולט וואס האלטן אז מען טאר נישט געבען אימיונוזאציע פאר קינדער און דערשרעקן דעהם עולם מיט פאלשע און פארפירישע פאקטן, פילן מיר פאר א פליכט צו באריכטן "די אנדערע צד", וואס איז די שיטה פון אלע היימישע דאקטורים און מאנסי, וויליאמסבורג, בארא פארק, לעיקוואוד און פלעטבוש.

There are no two sides to this story. Children in our community have been murdered and brain damaged by the reemergence of pertussis. This is directly attributed to the anti vaccination cult. Whose hands are bloody?

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #1011 on: May 19, 2014, 03:51:05 PM »
There are no two sides to this story. Children in our community have been murdered and brain damaged by the reemergence of pertussis. This is directly attributed to the anti vaccination cult. Whose hands are bloody?
Did you read it? This publication is for the anti-vax quacks who think there is only one side to the story, namely that vaccinations are the devil, to try and open their minds that there is another side involved here and that the doctors aren't all nuts...

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 19, 2014, 03:53:53 PM »
Did you read it? This publication is for the anti-vax quacks who think there is only one side to the story, namely that vaccinations are the devil, to try and open their minds that there is another side involved here and that the doctors aren't all nuts...
Yep. I didn't imagine that we are the "other side"...

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #1013 on: May 19, 2014, 03:58:44 PM »
Yep. I didn't imagine that we are the "other side"...
To some people we are indeed the "other side"... ::)

Or at least if you are going to have a chance of convincing them it may be useful to speak that way...

Offline yidelle

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 19, 2014, 06:47:17 PM »
To all who want the facts. Not just hype.

First of all I apologize for all the typos in the first 2 bulletins we send out. But we had to act FAST. Recently, a magazine called “Peach” was distributed door to door in Monsey. I would love to read it. If someone has a pdf of the magazine, I will very much appreciate if it will be posted.
What made me act so fast is because I have a few friends and people who Daven in my Shul who are very normal people and they don’t vaccinate their kids! After talking to them it seems that they are misinformed! They think all of these horrible diseases were already gone before the vaccines! They only reason their kids did not get sick is because of all the immunity around them from the responsible parents. They don’t remember the 1950’s when after outbreaks of Polio, most came back to school normal, some in metal braces, some did not come back and some died!
This is real פיקוח נפש ממש!

For a community to be immunized, everyone must be up to date for a couple of reason, but for one, because the immunizations does not work for everyone. Some have a higher rate (like Measles that has an almost 99% success rate), some have an 80-95% rate. The only hope for these individuals is for the people around them to be immunized!!! And also the babies that are not yet up to their shots because some shots you get at birth and some at 6 months, etc.

It is a terrible חילול השם that every time there is an outbreak the Jewish Orthodox community has to be part of it in London, Rockland County and Brooklyn together with some antic vaccination vacos from Ohio and Denver!

The purpose of our organization is to make sure you are informed. Vaccines saves lives! The live polio virus has been recently discovered in sewage systems around Israel. It is most likely also all over the USA, however, in Israel they test the sewer system for it but not here! These horrible diseases are all just a plane ride away. Any visitor can bring it back.

May Hashem protect us all and may we all stay safe and healthy.

Offline yidelle

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 19, 2014, 06:50:10 PM »
I also must post here that I am not someone who pops medication easily, I work out 6 days a week and take Tylenol only when my head is ready to explode. My family eats natural food and organic whenever possible and we don’t eat sugar! We eat steak too but we have a very balanced approach and are very health minded. But vaccines are not medication. They are vaccines and they save lives.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 19, 2014, 07:08:49 PM »
Tizkeh lemitzvos!
 You are doing great work. Someone must dissipate the madness, Shkoiach!

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #1017 on: May 19, 2014, 07:36:36 PM »
Tizkeh lemitzvos!
 You are doing great work. Someone must dissipate the madness, Shkoiach!
Very true, and I must compliment you on the Kovetz which is written in an excellent style, presenting the medical opinion as the "Other side" is a sure fire way to get the right people to read it and brings them face to face with the fact that what they are guilty of just what they are accusing the rational ones amongst us, namely of being narrow minded and not willing to listen to another opinion...

Offline yidelle

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 19, 2014, 08:01:21 PM »
Thank you אחת ואחת.

As soon as I get some time I will create אי"ה a professional קןנטרס with all the sources noted. I will try to stick to facts and not hype. The קונטרס attached is just something I had to put together in an emergency. עס ברענט דאך א פייער!. I did it on my lunch break, which I took early in the day.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 19, 2014, 08:16:30 PM »
Thank you אחת ואחת.

As soon as I get some time I will create אי"ה a professional קןנטרס with all the sources noted. I will try to stick to facts and not hype. The קונטרס attached is just something I had to put together in an emergency. עס ברענט דאך א פייער!. I did it on my lunch break, which I took early in the day.
we also need a Kol koreh style kuntres from all the gedolim...