Topic Wiki

The wiki is divided into groups for "fact" and "opinion." Please feel free to add whichever facts you know and opinions you have. Please try to avoid cluttering the wiki with unnecessary information such as outside links.

Please do not delete anything from this wiki.  If you disagree with an opinion, feel free to post your own. If you disagree with a fact--well, that's your opinion, and feel free to post it under opinions!

Facts
The flu vaccine causes more deaths per year than chicken pox.
The direct injection of RSV immunoglobulin, commonly known as the "RSV vaccine" would prevent 16x more deaths than the flu vaccine does, but is too expensive.
There is a vaccine for the plague, and that is why it is no longer an epidemic.
Ebola is caused by vaccines.
There is a vaccine for autism, but it causes mumps.

Opinions
Vaccines do not contain thimerosal, a known toxin.
If you snuck up on your neighbor's kid and cut open his skull, you would be arrested.  But when brain surgeons do it, and charge hundreds of thousands of dollars, it considered "medicine."
99% of vaccines do not cause autism (HT JJ1000).
Every pedi has seen healthy kids become sick physically & mentally hours after a vax (HT Baryochai)
Vaccines cause cancer, infertility, astma, adhd etc (HT Baryochai)

Poll

Did You Get The Flu Vaccine This Winter?

Yes (Shot)
121 (37.6%)
Yes (Nasal Spray)
5 (1.6%)
No
196 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 320

Author Topic: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread  (Read 544406 times)

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread
« Reply #1980 on: March 09, 2018, 12:14:14 AM »
I want to point out, as I have to many anti vaxxers, that none of these rabbonim have actually signed anything saying not to vaccinate. The closest they got was saying schools have to accept unvaccinated kids.
Does this coalition have something in writing signed by Rav Malkiel or Reb Shmuel? Or rabbi Katz?

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: March 09, 2018, 12:18:03 AM »
In the secular world the anti-vaxers have a higher education level than average. Me thinks you're leaping a bit there.
I have a friend who's a mechanic, he says that educated people and heimeshe people have this need to do things for their car, but really, with modern cars, there is nothing to do.
Same here, educated people want to do something more than everyone else and so do frummies.

Offline eyj

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: March 09, 2018, 01:08:18 AM »
Do you mean to imply that only anti vaxxers take vitamins?
No, I’m referring to this sort of thing

Offline yitzgar

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: March 09, 2018, 01:26:18 AM »
Seems like you mean alternative medicine types. As mentioned earlier, I'm not sure you're right about "less educated" ppl leaning towards that type of thing more than "educated" ppl

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: March 09, 2018, 07:15:44 AM »

Adderall works also

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1985 on: March 09, 2018, 08:08:23 AM »

Adderall works also
Sure, if you love Autism...

Can't believe Henche would suggest using a drug produced by big Pharma
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: March 10, 2018, 09:13:34 PM »
I see it looks like the Lakewood doctors are mobilizing against the anti vax wackos. Some event Tuesday night to dispel myths and fake research.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: March 10, 2018, 10:20:01 PM »
I see it looks like the Lakewood doctors are mobilizing against the anti vax wackos. Some event Tuesday night to dispel myths and fake research.
Not going to help until Dr eilenberg retires and moves to Florida

Offline afro

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: March 11, 2018, 08:18:15 PM »
Not going to help until Dr eilenberg retires and moves to Florida

I used to be part of his practice (Dr. Gittleman now) and my kids got all their vaccines. He will give it but you have to really push him.

I was once at a Lakewood Chiropractor who was "excited and proud" to tell me that Lakewood Rabbonim said not to use her because of her anti-vaccine opinions. I asked her that if those Rabbonim said not to eat in a certain restaurant would she eat there... She said No and I walked out.
I will not respond to PM about the UPS method.

I will not respond to PM about the BBLD method.

Offline eyj

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: March 11, 2018, 10:37:30 PM »
How about an Anti-Assisted Birth movement. Hashem wants us to give birth like the nashim tzidkanios did in mitzrayim. It’s mefurash a Rashi. Women should give birth on their own on the privacy of their homes, not in a hospital assisted by an OB; they are all just in it for the money- the whole system, from the ultrasound companies, to the prenatal vitamin producers, to the formula companies, to the OB’s and hospitals are all in cahoots to make millions by providing unnecessary healthcare. Studies show that hospitals are full of dangerous germs and there are hundreds of lawsuits that proved that doctors have actually harmed babies during delivery, in some cases resulting in severe brain damage. Vinishmartem me’od lenafshoseichem means it is positively a mitzvah to stop harming our precious children by using the money-hungry healthcare machine. Besides, kol kevudah bas melech penimah.

There’s a reason why our great-grandmothers didn’t have such a pevalence of autism and so many other diagnoses. Our babies weren’t meant to undergo the trauma of a medically assisted birth! Let us reconnect with our precious mesorah of self delivery that we tragically abandoned in favor of the corrupt medical system!

Now, to find some signatories.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 11:06:06 PM by eyj »

Offline yoohoo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: March 11, 2018, 11:43:34 PM »
I want to point out, as I have to many anti vaxxers, that none of these rabbonim have actually signed anything saying not to vaccinate. The closest they got was saying schools have to accept unvaccinated kids.
Does this coalition have something in writing signed by Rav Malkiel or Reb Shmuel? Or rabbi Katz?
no.

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: March 12, 2018, 12:00:34 AM »
no.
And there's a reason why. That's all.

Offline zh cohen

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: March 12, 2018, 12:18:52 AM »
How about an Anti-Assisted Birth movement. Hashem wants us to give birth like the nashim tzidkanios did in mitzrayim. It’s mefurash a Rashi. Women should give birth on their own on the privacy of their homes, not in a hospital assisted by an OB; they are all just in it for the money- the whole system, from the ultrasound companies, to the prenatal vitamin producers, to the formula companies, to the OB’s and hospitals are all in cahoots to make millions by providing unnecessary healthcare. Studies show that hospitals are full of dangerous germs and there are hundreds of lawsuits that proved that doctors have actually harmed babies during delivery, in some cases resulting in severe brain damage. Vinishmartem me’od lenafshoseichem means it is positively a mitzvah to stop harming our precious children by using the money-hungry healthcare machine. Besides, kol kevudah bas melech penimah.

There’s a reason why our great-grandmothers didn’t have such a pevalence of autism and so many other diagnoses. Our babies weren’t meant to undergo the trauma of a medically assisted birth! Let us reconnect with our precious mesorah of self delivery that we tragically abandoned in favor of the corrupt medical system!

Poe's law in action

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

Offline eyj

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: March 12, 2018, 12:26:12 AM »
Poe's law in action

Anyone who would take it at face value is clearly beyond help...

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: March 12, 2018, 07:51:56 AM »

Not sure if you are serious or not, but this movement would be much closer to "gram retzicha" than the vaccines.

I've spent a couple of weeks in a NICU.. The quantities of frum babies that if born at home, like in the third world countries, that would be dead is astounding.

That's a lot of dead bodies. How perversive and careless.

Plenty of mom's go into distress also. These are not rare occasions.

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: March 12, 2018, 09:00:09 AM »
Not sure if you are serious or not, but this movement would be much closer to "gram retzicha" than the vaccines.

I've spent a couple of weeks in a NICU.. The quantities of frum babies that if born at home, like in the third world countries, that would be dead is astounding.

He was being facetious.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: March 12, 2018, 09:14:10 AM »
He was being facetious.
Thought so. But there are plenty of home birthers around also..

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: March 12, 2018, 09:27:56 AM »
Two of our neighbor insist on giving birth at home. One in a kiddie pool. That one also diapers her kids in organic cotton, old fashioned diapers, not disposable ones, and only dresses the kids in organic sourced clothing.  :o
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: March 12, 2018, 09:38:07 AM »

Yeah, those ppl are insane.

Just to put this out there: so are the ppl who use the Boro park doulas top decide when to go to the hospital, and then need to call ezras nashim

Offline eyj

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: March 12, 2018, 10:03:58 AM »

to give birth like the nashim tzidkanios did in mitzrayim. It’s mefurash a Rashi? Sheesh! Of course I was parodying the anti vaxers. Millions of babies died in childbirth before modern medicine- and many mothers too. A breech baby was a likely death sentence. But you can point to to the few babies who developed birth defects and cherry pick those cases choosing to ignore the rest like the anti vaxers do....

Poe's law in action

You win.