Topic Wiki

The wiki is divided into groups for "fact" and "opinion." Please feel free to add whichever facts you know and opinions you have. Please try to avoid cluttering the wiki with unnecessary information such as outside links.

Please do not delete anything from this wiki.  If you disagree with an opinion, feel free to post your own. If you disagree with a fact--well, that's your opinion, and feel free to post it under opinions!

Facts
The flu vaccine causes more deaths per year than chicken pox.
The direct injection of RSV immunoglobulin, commonly known as the "RSV vaccine" would prevent 16x more deaths than the flu vaccine does, but is too expensive.
There is a vaccine for the plague, and that is why it is no longer an epidemic.
Ebola is caused by vaccines.
There is a vaccine for autism, but it causes mumps.

Opinions
Vaccines do not contain thimerosal, a known toxin.
If you snuck up on your neighbor's kid and cut open his skull, you would be arrested.  But when brain surgeons do it, and charge hundreds of thousands of dollars, it considered "medicine."
99% of vaccines do not cause autism (HT JJ1000).
Every pedi has seen healthy kids become sick physically & mentally hours after a vax (HT Baryochai)
Vaccines cause cancer, infertility, astma, adhd etc (HT Baryochai)

Poll

Did You Get The Flu Vaccine This Winter?

Yes (Shot)
121 (37.6%)
Yes (Nasal Spray)
5 (1.6%)
No
196 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 320

Author Topic: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread  (Read 553103 times)

Offline az

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread
« Reply #2100 on: August 21, 2018, 04:44:28 PM »
i would think that liberals are more likely to vaccinate

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #2101 on: August 21, 2018, 05:31:40 PM »

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: August 21, 2018, 06:23:19 PM »
i would think that liberals are more likely to vaccinate

You mean you bought into the whole "party of science" nonsense?

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #2103 on: August 21, 2018, 07:50:47 PM »

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline shwarmabob

• View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: October 03, 2018, 02:05:25 PM »
Is the flu strain different in Israel than the US? Is it helpful to get the US vaccine if someone is going to be in Israel during the flu season?

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: October 08, 2018, 11:56:46 PM »
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/israel-news/1600430/

The illness appears to be making a return as there are many people who refuse to have their children vaccinated.
["-"]

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: October 15, 2018, 03:39:23 PM »
The current measles outbreak is a wake up call for all those lunatics.

https://www.health.ny.gov/press/releases/2018/2018-10-13_potential_measles_exposures.htm
["-"]

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: October 15, 2018, 04:19:59 PM »
Get the flu vaccine that isn't made in eggs. It works better https://www.statnews.com/2018/03/09/cell-culture-flu-vaccine-flucelvax/

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2111 on: October 16, 2018, 08:28:12 PM »
"I am a Pediatric Emergency Physician at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital and my wife is a Registered Nurse. I am also a Parent myself.

Vaccines SAVE lives, this is FACT. Look at REAL statistics on polio, measles, tetanus, pertussis, hepatitis, HIB, pneumococcal, etc and how many lives were lost (or serious affected for life) before and after. The numbers DONT lie.

Autism is NOT caused by vaccines. Proof: Andrew Wakefield USED to be a British Doctor before he had his medical license revoked. He published in 1998 in Lancet (one of the best Medical Journals in the World) an article that suggested that vaccines cause Autism. ALL repeat studies, research and tests NEVER found this connection. Repeat meta-analysis in 2014 and 2017 also proved NO connection. If you want to take your medical advice from Jenny McCarthy or other celebrities and people who are ignorant, then good luck to you. If you want to take it from people that are MUCH smarter than me such as Scientists, Researchers, Doctors, etc then you should know this fact.

And also, there is NO such thing as a "religious exemption" or mercury/other metal poisonings from vaccines. Or other excuses that people come up with. That is all ways of getting kids NOT to vaccinate for schools.

ALL schools (and everyone) should have mandates to vaccinate. Period.

I have personally seen or cared for too many kids DIE or end up with SERIOUS morbities myself and I have only been practicing medicine for more than  7 years.
And there are outbreaks left and right because of people who think they will be vaccinated by the "herd" immunity or "by association". This is FALSE too - especially in the Jewish communities.

Now, to be fair, NOTHING is without a possible side effect or complication. To believe otherwise would be stupid, in my opinion. Even vaccines have possible side effects like ALL things (too much water, vitamins, eating vegetarian, too much exercise, all have some side effects and serious morbidities/death too) can cause fever, rash, seizures, GBS, allergic reaction, etc. BUT, even the Rebbe believes and agrees with doing something (vaccines) if the benefit (health and/or protection) is more than the harm (serious morbidity and/or mortality). Which it IS, obviously!

Vaccines are LIFE-SAVERS. Look at the science, the numbers, and research. That doesn't LIE."

From my shul chat. Nothing new, just posting here for posterity's sake.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: October 16, 2018, 09:00:35 PM »
"I am a Pediatric Emergency Physician at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital and my wife is a Registered Nurse. I am also a Parent myself.

Vaccines SAVE lives, this is FACT. Look at REAL statistics on polio, measles, tetanus, pertussis, hepatitis, HIB, pneumococcal, etc and how many lives were lost (or serious affected for life) before and after. The numbers DONT lie.

Autism is NOT caused by vaccines. Proof: Andrew Wakefield USED to be a British Doctor before he had his medical license revoked. He published in 1998 in Lancet (one of the best Medical Journals in the World) an article that suggested that vaccines cause Autism. ALL repeat studies, research and tests NEVER found this connection. Repeat meta-analysis in 2014 and 2017 also proved NO connection. If you want to take your medical advice from Jenny McCarthy or other celebrities and people who are ignorant, then good luck to you. If you want to take it from people that are MUCH smarter than me such as Scientists, Researchers, Doctors, etc then you should know this fact.

And also, there is NO such thing as a "religious exemption" or mercury/other metal poisonings from vaccines. Or other excuses that people come up with. That is all ways of getting kids NOT to vaccinate for schools.

ALL schools (and everyone) should have mandates to vaccinate. Period.

I have personally seen or cared for too many kids DIE or end up with SERIOUS morbities myself and I have only been practicing medicine for more than  7 years.
And there are outbreaks left and right because of people who think they will be vaccinated by the "herd" immunity or "by association". This is FALSE too - especially in the Jewish communities.

Now, to be fair, NOTHING is without a possible side effect or complication. To believe otherwise would be stupid, in my opinion. Even vaccines have possible side effects like ALL things (too much water, vitamins, eating vegetarian, too much exercise, all have some side effects and serious morbidities/death too) can cause fever, rash, seizures, GBS, allergic reaction, etc. BUT, even the Rebbe believes and agrees with doing something (vaccines) if the benefit (health and/or protection) is more than the harm (serious morbidity and/or mortality). Which it IS, obviously!

Vaccines are LIFE-SAVERS. Look at the science, the numbers, and research. That doesn't LIE."

From my shul chat. Nothing new, just posting here for posterity's sake.

Is the bolded accurate? It linked to a long article that was by someone other than the rebbe.

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: October 16, 2018, 09:13:47 PM »
Is the bolded accurate? It linked to a long article that was by someone other than the rebbe.

In that article there are quotes from several of the Rebbe's letters endorsing vaccinations.
When the polio vaccine was being implemented in Israel, there were those who turned to the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem M. Schneerson, of righteous memory, for his opinion. The following is a sampling of his replies.

In the winter of 1957 the Rebbe wrote a reply, pointing out that he was hurrying to do so because of the prime importance of the issue at hand:

. . Regarding your question about inoculations against disease:

I am surprised by your question, since so many individuals from the Land of Israel have asked me about this and I have answered them in the affirmative, since the overwhelming majority of individuals do so here [in the United States] successfully.

Understandably, if there are inoculations that are produced by multiple pharmaceutical companies, you should use the ones whose product has been safely tried and proven.10

In the spring of 1956 the Rebbe wrote:

. . In reply to your letter in which you ask my opinion about the injections that are commonly given to young children:

It is with regard to matters such as these that the axiom “Do not set yourself apart from the community” applies. You should act according to that which is done by [the parents of] the majority of children who are in your children’s classes . . .11

Even as the polio vaccine effectively eliminated the dreaded disease, there were instances where faulty shots actually brought about illness. In a letter from the winter of 1957, the Rebbe addressed this issue:

. . The event that occurred in the United States was at the beginning of the use of these vaccines, before the [exact] medical compound was definitively established. This is not the case at present, after months of experience with the vaccine.

Therefore, once a vaccine’s reliability is firmly established, there is no worry. To the contrary . . .

Offline cmey

• View Profile

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:49:04 AM by yesitsme »
["-"]

Offline cmey

• View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: November 01, 2018, 03:21:08 PM »
Baby DIES of measles. Is there an Ir Miklat they can send these anti vaxers to?
http://matzav.com/infant-dies-of-measles-in-yerushalayim/

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #2117 on: November 01, 2018, 04:35:32 PM »
Baby DIES of measles. Is there an Ir Miklat they can send these anti vaxers to?
http://matzav.com/infant-dies-of-measles-in-yerushalayim/

BDE

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: November 01, 2018, 04:53:19 PM »
["-"]

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: November 01, 2018, 04:55:15 PM »
250 families to fight schools to let in their children? Thats enough families to open your own schools. I'd call it
מוסדות הורים בלי שכל, אפילו כחודו של מחט
Well said
["-"]