Topic Wiki

The wiki is divided into groups for "fact" and "opinion." Please feel free to add whichever facts you know and opinions you have. Please try to avoid cluttering the wiki with unnecessary information such as outside links.

Please do not delete anything from this wiki.  If you disagree with an opinion, feel free to post your own. If you disagree with a fact--well, that's your opinion, and feel free to post it under opinions!

Facts
The flu vaccine causes more deaths per year than chicken pox.
The direct injection of RSV immunoglobulin, commonly known as the "RSV vaccine" would prevent 16x more deaths than the flu vaccine does, but is too expensive.
There is a vaccine for the plague, and that is why it is no longer an epidemic.
Ebola is caused by vaccines.
There is a vaccine for autism, but it causes mumps.

Opinions
Vaccines do not contain thimerosal, a known toxin.
If you snuck up on your neighbor's kid and cut open his skull, you would be arrested.  But when brain surgeons do it, and charge hundreds of thousands of dollars, it considered "medicine."
99% of vaccines do not cause autism (HT JJ1000).
Every pedi has seen healthy kids become sick physically & mentally hours after a vax (HT Baryochai)
Vaccines cause cancer, infertility, astma, adhd etc (HT Baryochai)

Poll

Did You Get The Flu Vaccine This Winter?

Yes (Shot)
121 (37.6%)
Yes (Nasal Spray)
5 (1.6%)
No
196 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 320

Author Topic: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread  (Read 550689 times)

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread
« Reply #2340 on: November 29, 2018, 09:23:00 AM »
TL;DR please
["-"]

Online S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2341 on: November 29, 2018, 09:26:01 AM »
As long as "Gedolim" are literally endangering the public, people should boycott their shiurim, sefarim, and institutions (and most importantly, their donations).

There's not one shred of Halacha to support this position, and they are in a clear minority. It's not so different than Lev Tahor or any other radical group/
Ch”v!! Are you saying what I think you’re saying?

I’m officially making a macha’ah for kavod hatorah. They’ve forgotten more Torah than you’ve learned. You have no right to say such a thing.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2342 on: November 29, 2018, 09:26:42 AM »
How does this

shtim with
I think he meant the talmid is now pro vax

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2343 on: November 29, 2018, 09:27:47 AM »
As long as "Gedolim" are literally endangering the public, people should boycott their shiurim, sefarim, and institutions (and most importantly, their donations).

There's not one shred of Halacha to support this position, and they are in a clear minority. It's not so different than Lev Tahor or any other radical group/
Because you know more Halacha than R’ Shmuel??

Offline churnbabychurn

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: November 29, 2018, 09:27:53 AM »
How does this

shtim with
The talmid. Not the Rabbi

Offline shmielyosef

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: November 29, 2018, 09:28:38 AM »
Because you know more Halacha than R’ Shmuel??
Reb shmuel's psak is based on misinformation

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2346 on: November 29, 2018, 09:31:13 AM »
Reb shmuel's psak is based on misinformation
I love how when something doesn’t shtim with someone’s pre-informed opinion they immediately claim “misinformation”. Same with R’ Shmuel Auerbach regarding gimmel, with R’ Chaim Kanievsky regarding internet. Just “misinformation”. Or maybe they just disagree with your? Shocking! R’ Shmuel is a 90+ year old posek in America, I trust him to get the relevant information he needs.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2347 on: November 29, 2018, 09:33:31 AM »
There aren't any respectful doctors that would agree to that. The idea comes from anti-vaxxers, one of the main geniuses behind the idea is a "doctor" named Bob Sears, who agreed that scientifically he doesn't have any reasoning or proof that its any better, but his job is to make parents comfortable... He also still believes that vaccines cause autism despite the fact that it has been disproven so many times over and over... His words are, "vaccines don't cause autism, besides for when they do"... Utter brilliance.
Finding a doctor who understands your perspective is like telling someone to find a rov who paskens like u wish...
Ha, good point

Offline shmielyosef

• View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: November 29, 2018, 09:35:33 AM »
I love how when something doesn’t shtim with someone’s pre-informed opinion they immediately claim “misinformation”. Same with R’ Shmuel Auerbach regarding gimmel, with R’ Chaim Kanievsky regarding internet. Just “misinformation”. Or maybe they just disagree with your? Shocking! R’ Shmuel is a 90+ year old posek in America, I trust him to get the relevant information he needs.
If the claims he makes to support his psakim aren't agreed on by any competent doctor, is that called misinformation for you?

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2349 on: November 29, 2018, 09:37:52 AM »
If the claims he makes to support his psakim aren't agreed on by any competent doctor, is that called misinformation for you?
Because I agree with you o the core issue, it’s hard for me to make the opposing argument.

But yes, I believe that all of the anti-vaxxers believe that people in the mainstream medical field are not credible regarding this inyan.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: November 29, 2018, 09:39:29 AM »
Can we reset the poll? Also maybe add did you get the flu vaccine last year and still get the flue?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: November 29, 2018, 09:41:12 AM »
There aren't any respectful doctors that would agree to that. The idea comes from anti-vaxxers, one of the main geniuses behind the idea is a "doctor" named Bob Sears, who agreed that scientifically he doesn't have any reasoning or proof that its any better, but his job is to make parents comfortable... He also still believes that vaccines cause autism despite the fact that it has been disproven so many times over and over... His words are, "vaccines don't cause autism, besides for when they do"... Utter brilliance.
Finding a doctor who understands your perspective is like telling someone to find a rov who paskens like u wish...
I do disagree with your last point comparing a doctor and a posek. It's important for people to be comfortable with their doctor, so that they can share their concerns with them. Doctors are not all knowing, and you need a good doctor, but one you're comfortable with. Daas Torah is a whole different thing.
And to that end, I don't Chas veshalom mean anything negative towards any posek or talmid chacham. I just don't know if it's intended by them as a psak for the tzibbur at large if it's not in writing, and even then it's a daas yachid

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2352 on: November 29, 2018, 09:41:15 AM »
Can we reset the poll? Also maybe add did you get the flu vaccine last year and still get the flue?
DW got the flu shot 2 weeks ago and actually came down with flu-like symptoms later that day, which lasted for a couple of days.. just saying

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: November 29, 2018, 09:42:17 AM »
DW got the flu shot 2 weeks ago and actually came down with flu-like symptoms later that day, which lasted for a couple of days.. just saying
Not unusual with the flu shot

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: November 29, 2018, 09:47:05 AM »
Not unusual with the flu shot
That is not going to instill much confidence in the shot. I am an anti-flu shot person. Just my personal choice.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline shmielyosef

• View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: November 29, 2018, 09:49:10 AM »
I do disagree with your last point comparing a doctor and a posek. It's important for people to be comfortable with their doctor, so that they can share their concerns with them. Doctors are not all knowing, and you need a good doctor, but one you're comfortable with. Daas Torah is a whole different thing.
And to that end, I don't Chas veshalom mean anything negative towards any posek or talmid chacham. I just don't know if it's intended by them as a psak for the tzibbur at large if it's not in writing, and even then it's a daas yachid
100% u have to be comfortable with your doctor so u can share concerns. However choosing a doctor based on being comfortable with how many vaccines he administers, and not on how good of a doctor he is, is wrong

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: November 29, 2018, 09:51:08 AM »
100% u have to be comfortable with your doctor so u can share concerns. However choosing a doctor based on being comfortable with how many vaccines he administers, and not on how good of a doctor he is, is wrong
I said understands your perspective, not will do what you want. We agree.

Offline shmielyosef

• View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: November 29, 2018, 09:53:01 AM »
I said understands your perspective, not will do what you want. We agree.
What if the medical community at large strongly disagrees with that perspective? (As is the case in reality)

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: November 29, 2018, 09:54:14 AM »
What if the medical community at large strongly disagrees with that perspective? (As is the case in reality)
Then the doctor who understands you, but disagrees with you, will gently guide you to do the right thing and vaccinate on schedule.

Offline shmielyosef

• View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: November 29, 2018, 09:55:58 AM »
Then the doctor who understands you, but disagrees with you, will gently guide you to do the right thing and vaccinate on schedule.
Agreed