Topic Wiki

The wiki is divided into groups for "fact" and "opinion." Please feel free to add whichever facts you know and opinions you have. Please try to avoid cluttering the wiki with unnecessary information such as outside links.

Please do not delete anything from this wiki.  If you disagree with an opinion, feel free to post your own. If you disagree with a fact--well, that's your opinion, and feel free to post it under opinions!

Facts
The flu vaccine causes more deaths per year than chicken pox.
The direct injection of RSV immunoglobulin, commonly known as the "RSV vaccine" would prevent 16x more deaths than the flu vaccine does, but is too expensive.
There is a vaccine for the plague, and that is why it is no longer an epidemic.
Ebola is caused by vaccines.
There is a vaccine for autism, but it causes mumps.

Opinions
Vaccines do not contain thimerosal, a known toxin.
If you snuck up on your neighbor's kid and cut open his skull, you would be arrested.  But when brain surgeons do it, and charge hundreds of thousands of dollars, it considered "medicine."
99% of vaccines do not cause autism (HT JJ1000).
Every pedi has seen healthy kids become sick physically & mentally hours after a vax (HT Baryochai)
Vaccines cause cancer, infertility, astma, adhd etc (HT Baryochai)

Poll

Did You Get The Flu Vaccine This Winter?

Yes (Shot)
121 (37.6%)
Yes (Nasal Spray)
5 (1.6%)
No
196 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 320

Author Topic: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread  (Read 544772 times)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Did You Get The Flu Vaccine This Winter?
« Reply #280 on: February 21, 2013, 08:26:52 AM »
No I'd rather write an article on the effectiveness of Homeopathic remedies and healing crystals, those are even harder to disprove and evidently make you quite rich and famous....
And I hear global warming is better yet :P ;)
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #281 on: February 21, 2013, 08:31:14 AM »
And I hear global warming is better yet :P ;)
pro or against? and FTR it's climate change...

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #282 on: February 21, 2013, 08:33:29 AM »
pro or against? and FTR it's climate change...
The market that was created because of this invention. Its a good way to make money very hard to prove wrong... catch the joke yet?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #283 on: February 21, 2013, 08:39:32 AM »
The market that was created because of this invention. Its a good way to make money very hard to prove wrong... catch the joke yet?
Yeah I caught it in the beginning was just checking which side of the joke you were on :P

Offline az

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 21, 2013, 08:49:09 AM »
YankyDoodle: you guys are missing the boat, no one said that they never work,
if you were paying attention i was only commenting on Dan's cart that there wasnt a timetable and i was showing one with that showed that there was a decline before the vaccines cam out (with sources)

@ az @ Barryg Do you guys use talk on cell phones? Eat food cooked in pots and pans made of titanium, aluminum, silicone finish, anti stick (anything other than wrought iron)?

Do you guys eat processed foods? Things with trans fat? Saturated fat? Food coloring? Preservatives?

The amount of "bad stuff" going into your body due to vaccines is so small and the good that is caused is so great comparatively that if the answer to any of the aforementioned questions is yes, this conversation should effectively be over.
-1 direct injection into the blood stream has more of a direct affect, that's why they inject and why they direct inject with aluminium (the aluminum is there to agitate the immune system), BUT going threw the digestive system the absorption is worlds less.

Offline az

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 21, 2013, 08:52:52 AM »
No I'd rather write an article on the effectiveness of Homeopathic remedies and healing crystals, those are even harder to disprove and evidently make you quite rich and famous....
what dose this have to do with vitamin D ???

Offline YankyDoodle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 21, 2013, 10:49:38 AM »
YankyDoodle: you guys are missing the boat, no one said that they never work,
if you were paying attention i was only commenting on Dan's cart that there wasnt a timetable and i was showing one with that showed that there was a decline before the vaccines cam out (with sources)
-1 direct injection into the blood stream has more of a direct affect, that's why they inject and why they direct inject with aluminium (the aluminum is there to agitate the immune system), BUT going threw the digestive system the absorption is worlds less.

By implication you said that it was not the vaccines that accomplished the near eradication of many lethal diseases rather it was a natural progression as time went on...That is patently false. An example can be found in the chart I showed you about Pertussis.

How much less gets absorbed through the digestive system? You seem to be very knowledgable about these things. Where in the digestive system do carcinogens get absorbed? I am sure that you have researched all of these since you seem like someone very concerned about your health and what goes into your body.

You never answered my question do you use cell phones? Those have only been out for about 20 years. Do you know the long term impact that they have on health? If I recall you were very concerned about flu shots because the long term impact is somewhat unknown.

You have a vandetta against vaccines that is irresponsible. You have been fed a tale of misinformation and skewed data. For someone who claims that we should all do our own research and question the entire medical establishment you seem to do very little thinking for yourself.

Offline az

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 21, 2013, 01:10:25 PM »
By implication you said that it was not the vaccines that accomplished the near eradication of many lethal diseases rather it was a natural progression as time went on...That is patently false. An example can be found in the chart I showed you about Pertussis.

How much less gets absorbed through the digestive system? You seem to be very knowledgable about these things. Where in the digestive system do carcinogens get absorbed? I am sure that you have researched all of these since you seem like someone very concerned about your health and what goes into your body.

You never answered my question do you use cell phones? Those have only been out for about 20 years. Do you know the long term impact that they have on health? If I recall you were very concerned about flu shots because the long term impact is somewhat unknown.

You have a vandetta against vaccines that is irresponsible. You have been fed a tale of misinformation and skewed data. For someone who claims that we should all do our own research and question the entire medical establishment you seem to do very little thinking for yourself.
ok i will humer you  and answer your 4 problems, but i'm going to do it by helping you figure it out:

1: your implication deciphering skills are a little rusty, look at the charts i posted and tell me how the drastic declines happened before the vaccines (A:cleaner lifestyles, B:the introduction of sterilization, C: antibiotics and more medical knowledge, D:all of the above, E:all of the above + more not mention). saying that vaccines are the major causes of the decline is naive.

2:do you know?( not that it has to do with the conversation), and please tell me what carcinogens are you talking about, i don't recall ??? . i have actually discussed this stuff with a RN, and in general i am careful with what goes into my body, you should try it ;) ,what knowledge do you claim to have?

3:ha*!! next

4:i can answer this for my self but have you asked yourself this same question? my guess is not  ;)

Offline Barryg

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 26, 2013, 01:29:27 AM »

@ az @ Barryg Do you guys use talk on cell phones? Eat food cooked in pots and pans made of titanium, aluminum, silicone finish, anti stick (anything other than wrought iron)?

Do you guys eat processed foods? Things with trans fat? Saturated fat? Food coloring? Preservatives?

The amount of "bad stuff" going into your body due to vaccines is so small and the good that is caused is so great comparatively that if the answer to any of the aforementioned questions is yes, this conversation should effectively be over.

Sorry that I disappeared for a few days, regarding this forum (I devoted all extra time to preparing for Megilla reading... I don't believe that anyone answered this post yet...
Surprised to see so many zero's and low numbers. 0 reported cases would include the high percentage of the unvaccinated. http://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2013/t0129_adult_vacc_rates.html
Again, I thought the discussion was focused on the flu vax and one of the reasons it makes for such a 2 sided Machlokes is that everyone knows the flu vax isn't anywhere close to 100% effective since they try to predict which strain of the disease will be around and ppl (more than zero, since I know of five this year) get the vaccine and still catch the flu.

Also, my biggest three issues with vaccines currently are: The current schedule, the flu vax and the chicken pox vax.
As most of the biggest and most dangerous diseases have been eradicated, what's the big rush? If the amount of bad stuff is small, why compound it and give Hep shots to babies that aren't at risk for it, or give 3 shots at once to a kid under 2?
As far as cell phones, I use one (as I may stand in front of a microwave, but that doesn't mean that I would expose my infant to prolonged cell phone usage.

Re: food cooked in pots and pans made of titanium, aluminum, silicone finish, anti stick, eating processed foods? Saturated fat? Food coloring? Preservatives?

Guilty of all of the above, also add, amount of sleep, cooking with oil, milk, and others. But why should the conversation be over? That would be the similar to telling an overweight person who cut down on gallons of soda a day, to give up, since there was a whole list of other stuff that he didn't change yet...

Offline henche

• View Profile

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 10, 2013, 11:58:55 PM »
I heard this on Bill Cunningham show tonight...
I have a cold... I got a flu shot 10 days ago, and since then I've had flu like symptoms... This is the second flu shot I've had in my life, both times I was sick... This will be my last flu shot...
Just thought it was interesting.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #293 on: November 11, 2013, 12:02:40 AM »
Blah blah blah.

Mimi, Rafi, and I all had the flu nasal mist.  Zero symptoms.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 11, 2013, 12:09:06 AM »
Blah blah blah.

Mimi, Rafi, and I all had the flu nasal mist.  Zero symptoms.
He didn't say nasal...

Offline pghtown

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 11, 2013, 12:16:54 AM »
It is only because of vaccines that these diseases (measles, polio, pertussis etc) are so rare in the U.S.   "Herd immunity" is what is protects those who do not vaccinate themselves or their children.  So those who refuse vaccination rely on others to step up and get vaccinated, while they coast along and reap the benefit because the disease becomes so rare in a community.  Some would accuse those people as selfish and self-centered, rather than being part of the solution for an important public health matter.  (Not that different than people who refuse to donate blood just because the needle hurts a little, but G-d forbid they need blood they will gladly accept an IV needle).  Look at the experience in England when people believed the false claims about the MMR vaccine by Wakefield- vaccination rates plummeted, measles cases rose dramatically and people DIED.  Vaccines are among the greatest discoveries and advances in health care.  THEY SAVE LIVES !!!  I personally have seen several unvaccinated people near death from the flu.  I never understand those uninformed people who refuse to believe sound scientific data, preferring to make a decision based on rumor or believing in a government or industry "conspiracy".  We Jews are among the most educated of peoples, yet this anti-vaccine silliness is far too common in our communities.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #296 on: November 11, 2013, 12:22:47 AM »
And that's true even though Jews were influential in creating vaccines :P
Pathetic.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline pghtown

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 11, 2013, 12:31:09 AM »
35% vaccination rate among DDF'ers.  That's embarrassing.  Dan,  it should have been mandatory in order to attend last night's event.  All those unvaccinated people in one room for 3 hours!  I am glad you are vaccinated.

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 11, 2013, 01:35:37 AM »
I never understand those uninformed people who refuse to believe sound scientific data, preferring to make a decision based on rumor or believing in a government or industry "conspiracy".  We Jews are among the most educated of peoples, yet this anti-vaccine silliness is far too common in our communities.
Maybe it's not silliness and the educated ppl know more than you think...

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 11, 2013, 01:37:08 AM »
35% vaccination rate among DDF'ers.  That's embarrassing.  Dan,  it should have been mandatory in order to attend last night's event.  All those unvaccinated people in one room for 3 hours!  I am glad you are vaccinated.
The poll was last year, I am sure that if we re-polled the mist #s will go up this year...