Topic Wiki

The wiki is divided into groups for "fact" and "opinion." Please feel free to add whichever facts you know and opinions you have. Please try to avoid cluttering the wiki with unnecessary information such as outside links.

Please do not delete anything from this wiki.  If you disagree with an opinion, feel free to post your own. If you disagree with a fact--well, that's your opinion, and feel free to post it under opinions!

Facts
The flu vaccine causes more deaths per year than chicken pox.
The direct injection of RSV immunoglobulin, commonly known as the "RSV vaccine" would prevent 16x more deaths than the flu vaccine does, but is too expensive.
There is a vaccine for the plague, and that is why it is no longer an epidemic.
Ebola is caused by vaccines.
There is a vaccine for autism, but it causes mumps.

Opinions
Vaccines do not contain thimerosal, a known toxin.
If you snuck up on your neighbor's kid and cut open his skull, you would be arrested.  But when brain surgeons do it, and charge hundreds of thousands of dollars, it considered "medicine."
99% of vaccines do not cause autism (HT JJ1000).
Every pedi has seen healthy kids become sick physically & mentally hours after a vax (HT Baryochai)
Vaccines cause cancer, infertility, astma, adhd etc (HT Baryochai)

Poll

Did You Get The Flu Vaccine This Winter?

Yes (Shot)
121 (37.6%)
Yes (Nasal Spray)
5 (1.6%)
No
196 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 320

Author Topic: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread  (Read 550218 times)

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread
« Reply #2040 on: March 27, 2018, 12:51:45 PM »
http://tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations If only we stopped eating cheese, no one would die by being strangled in their bed sheets. If we stopped eating margarine, there would be no more divorce in the state of Michigan.

ETA: But we should eat mozzarella cheese, so that we can award more civil engineering doctorates.

ETA: If people in Kentucky stopped getting married, less people would drown after falling out of fishing boats.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 12:55:39 PM by avromie7 »
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2041 on: March 27, 2018, 01:21:01 PM »
How do u compare vaccines to antibiotics?

Treating an illness, vs. poisoning your healthy body ! (Manufactured perfectly by Hashem)

Nebech on the people of the UK and Belgium , they are all very sick , because they are not loaded up with all the vaccines. As we have here in the USA

About the effects: a huge percentage of children in Lakewood and N.Y. (as well across the USA) have learning disabilities, vs. other countries.

Dr. Roberts, just because that pamphlet does not have a name (for you to humiliate) on it, does not take away it’s truthfulness.
Having a difficult time figuring out what you wrote. Can you try english? (somehow this is common with comments like this)

Can you show that they are healthier in England? I can show that with a much smaller population they have 10 times as many measles cases. Do you have numbers to back up there being a difference in learning disabilities between the countries? That pamphlet has been debunked right here on this forum long ago.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Boruch999

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: March 27, 2018, 01:43:49 PM »
Having a difficult time figuring out what you wrote. Can you try english? (somehow this is common with comments like this)

Can you show that they are healthier in England? I can show that with a much smaller population they have 10 times as many measles cases. Do you have numbers to back up there being a difference in learning disabilities between the countries? That pamphlet has been debunked right here on this forum long ago.

hmmmm. Is that a correlation between poor command of the English language and being an Anti-Vaxer?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: March 27, 2018, 04:24:55 PM »

BTW, this calculates to about 100X as prevalent per capita.

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #2045 on: March 27, 2018, 05:53:31 PM »

Treating an illness, vs. poisoning your healthy body ! (Manufactured perfectly by Hashem)

Nebech on the people of the UK and Belgium , they are all very sick , because they are not loaded up with all the vaccines. As we have here in the USA

About the effects: a huge percentage of children in Lakewood and N.Y. (as well across the USA) have learning disabilities, vs. other countries.

Dr. Roberts, just because that pamphlet does not have a name (for you to humiliate) on it, does not take away it’s truthfulness.
watch till end and get back to me
(sorry i dont know how to make this clip smaller)

#TYH

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: March 27, 2018, 10:21:08 PM »

You can't talk sense to someone looking for a reason for their learning disabled child.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: March 27, 2018, 10:21:24 PM »
Check out the comments. Someone asked about the fishtank behind him and he responded. ;D
Classic Roberts..

It is a very cool tank though

Offline henche

• View Profile

Offline thaber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: April 08, 2018, 04:23:17 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/07/measles-cases-nevada-california/495735002/
This is why everyone needs to be vaccinated, vaccines are always ineffective on a percentage of those who got them. In this case 7%

Offline Yosel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: April 08, 2018, 06:30:08 PM »
You can't talk sense to someone looking for a reason for their learning disabled child.
poor response

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: April 08, 2018, 06:33:47 PM »
poor response
It may make you uncomfortable, but it's the truth.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: April 08, 2018, 07:20:10 PM »
poor response
It is actually quite substantive in giving an explanation for why some people ignore all evidence about vaccines. It is definitely a better response that what you responded to these since you did not respond at all.

BTW, this calculates to about 100X as prevalent per capita.

Offline aro123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile

Offline yzj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2055 on: April 12, 2018, 08:48:24 AM »
This is so wrong on many different levels. CYA to the extreme. This guy is an idiot. He sounds like he was a professional witness all his career. Obviously never heard of hearsay. This whole controversy is 15th hand information.
What's the controversy?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: April 12, 2018, 08:56:45 AM »
What's the controversy?
The should you, or should you not, vaccinate controversy. This video does not set forth any admissible evidence. I fail to see the purpose in posting this. I personally agree with him that you should vaccinate. But what are you trying to prove. Building proof from a conversation with R' Malkiel that R' Akiva Tatz it a good and trustworthy guy who quoted R' Elyashiv and R' Chaim Kanievsky. This is not a Rav Chaim that needs to clarify a Rambam that is a built on 2 gemaras that dont agree with each other. What I'm saying is that this exercise in mental gymnastics is pointless and irrelevant.

But so Lakewood.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2057 on: April 12, 2018, 09:02:44 AM »
The should you, or should you not, vaccinate controversy. This video does not set forth any admissible evidence. I fail to see the purpose in posting this. I personally agree with him that you should vaccinate. But what are you trying to prove. Building proof from a conversation with R' Malkiel that R' Akiva Tatz it a good and trustworthy guy who quoted R' Elyashiv and R' Chaim Kanievsky. This is not a Rav Chaim that needs to clarify a Rambam that is a built on 2 gemaras that dont agree with each other. What I'm saying is that this exercise in mental gymnastics is pointless and irrelevant.

But so Lakewood.
He's talking to people on their level. I'm not convinced listening to gedolim will change anyone's mind nor that what a frum doctor vs every other doctor in the world says will change anyone's mind either. But I personally applaud his effort.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: April 12, 2018, 09:33:03 AM »

But so Lakewood.
He is talking to a specific group of misguided people.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: April 12, 2018, 09:41:03 AM »
He's talking to people on their level. I'm not convinced listening to gedolim will change anyone's mind nor that what a frum doctor vs every other doctor in the world says will change anyone's mind either. But I personally applaud his effort.
Dumb it down for dummies.
He is talking to a specific group of misguided people.
I dont think any amount of talking to people who have made up their mind based on crock evidence will do anything. Especially this line of reasoning.

This is not a shtickel gemara where you bring proofs.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.