Topic Wiki

The wiki is divided into groups for "fact" and "opinion." Please feel free to add whichever facts you know and opinions you have. Please try to avoid cluttering the wiki with unnecessary information such as outside links.

Please do not delete anything from this wiki.  If you disagree with an opinion, feel free to post your own. If you disagree with a fact--well, that's your opinion, and feel free to post it under opinions!

Facts
The flu vaccine causes more deaths per year than chicken pox.
The direct injection of RSV immunoglobulin, commonly known as the "RSV vaccine" would prevent 16x more deaths than the flu vaccine does, but is too expensive.
There is a vaccine for the plague, and that is why it is no longer an epidemic.
Ebola is caused by vaccines.
There is a vaccine for autism, but it causes mumps.

Opinions
Vaccines do not contain thimerosal, a known toxin.
If you snuck up on your neighbor's kid and cut open his skull, you would be arrested.  But when brain surgeons do it, and charge hundreds of thousands of dollars, it considered "medicine."
99% of vaccines do not cause autism (HT JJ1000).
Every pedi has seen healthy kids become sick physically & mentally hours after a vax (HT Baryochai)
Vaccines cause cancer, infertility, astma, adhd etc (HT Baryochai)

Poll

Did You Get The Flu Vaccine This Winter?

Yes (Shot)
121 (37.6%)
Yes (Nasal Spray)
5 (1.6%)
No
196 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 320

Author Topic: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread  (Read 550339 times)

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread
« Reply #2540 on: April 16, 2019, 03:50:24 PM »
i guess that makes me proud to be nasty. if they dont care about my family and about my surroundings and the only way they will learn if someone in their family gets hurt by this, then i have no problem.
This is a feeling you should try to work on. Everyone has a yetzer hora, but I wouldn't be proud and announcing it in public.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: April 16, 2019, 04:16:37 PM »
i guess that makes me proud to be nasty. if they dont care about my family and about my surroundings and the only way they will learn if someone in their family gets hurt by this, then i have no problem.
Great way to think about life.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline eliteflyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: April 16, 2019, 04:20:52 PM »
I was born in 85, I was vaccinated and I vaguely remember getting a booster I think for camp, Would I be covered?

They need to pull any and all funding from any institution's that allow unvaccinated in
Ask your doctor. I have similar facts (though in my case have a confirmed written record of getting the original MMR vaccine in 87 and a booster in 92) and my doctor just told me,based on blood test, that I am not currently immune to Measles and need to get vaccinated again.

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: April 16, 2019, 05:12:28 PM »
Measles testing event in KGH:

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: April 17, 2019, 12:30:46 AM »
am i being nasty if i silently pray that these women learn their lesson the hard way?
Rather Daven they should do tshuva <Talmud>
["-"]

Offline ~King Lake~

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: April 17, 2019, 08:12:24 AM »
am i being nasty if i silently pray that these women learn their lesson the hard way?
They won't learn, they think it's a good thing to have measles once because it strengthens the immune system!!
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: April 17, 2019, 09:29:16 AM »
They won't learn, they think it's a good thing to have measles once because it strengthens the immune system!!

Well in theory it does I believe. They are just not thinking clearly. Anyone  who is anti vaccines who says "bring it on" to measles is clearly too uneducated and should be vaccinated IMO.

They also aren't understanding how vaccines work or thinking about how their choices could affect others.  Chances are high that if you got measles you'd be fine at the end of the day but that doesn't mean there is no risk to a healthy individual and for sure not to those with compromised immune systems.

So many of these people speaking in the media have such wrong attitudes when it comes to the measles themselves. It makes me cringe.

"Not all who wander are lost"

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: April 17, 2019, 10:24:49 AM »
Well in theory it does I believe. They are just not thinking clearly. Anyone  who is anti vaccines who says "bring it on" to measles is clearly too uneducated and should be vaccinated IMO.

They also aren't understanding how vaccines work or thinking about how their choices could affect others.  Chances are high that if you got measles you'd be fine at the end of the day but that doesn't mean there is no risk to a healthy individual and for sure not to those with compromised immune systems.

So many of these people speaking in the media have such wrong attitudes when it comes to the measles themselves. It makes me cringe.
The most compelling reason to vaccinate for measles is to protect those with compromised immune systems. That being said, if someone doesn't want to vaccinate they should at least get the measles in a controlled setting and stay at home until they're no longer contagious rather than go out and pass it on.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: April 18, 2019, 04:18:01 PM »
I guess we know what his position is.

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: April 18, 2019, 09:01:48 PM »

Can't he disagree and still know where the parent is coming from? Even if he thinks the parent is wrong?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #2550 on: April 18, 2019, 09:06:40 PM »
Can't he disagree and still know where the parent is coming from? Even if he thinks the parent is wrong?
No, not allowed
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Online Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: April 19, 2019, 12:21:31 AM »
I personally can’t understand anyone who has that view. I also think that they (Agudah) have handled this whole situation very poorly. A quote like this to tabletmag does no one favors. But maybe you are right and I am just upset.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: April 19, 2019, 12:25:36 AM »
Can you post the link? I'd like to see the full article.

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: April 19, 2019, 02:44:12 AM »
I personally can’t understand anyone who has that view. I also think that they (Agudah) have handled this whole situation very poorly. A quote like this to tabletmag does no one favors. But maybe you are right and I am just upset.
I agree. Their statement was totally unhelpful as well. Instead of a directive to their constituents to vaccinate they went the route of "anyone who says Jews don't vaccinate its an anti semite" which helps no one

Online Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: April 19, 2019, 06:07:43 AM »
Can you post the link? I'd like to see the full article.

https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/283472/hasidic-community-health-emergency

I agree. Their statement was totally unhelpful as well. Instead of a directive to their constituents to vaccinate they went the route of "anyone who says Jews don't vaccinate its an anti semite" which helps no one

It’s truly sad to see the Agudah acting so ineptly.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: April 19, 2019, 07:34:57 AM »
https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/283472/hasidic-community-health-emergency

It’s truly sad to see the Agudah acting so ineptly.
"Rabbi Shmuel Kamenetsky, the rosh yeshiva of the Talmudical Yeshiva of Philadelphia, and his wife, Temi, write and lecture on the Jewish anti-vax circuit, according to a 2014 article in the Baltimore Jewish Times that quoted him. To further exacerbate the problem, in 2015 Rabbi Kamenetsky signed a letter authorizing rabbis of Lakewood, New Jersey’s Beth Medrash Govoha(BMG) to admit unvaccinated children.  And even a cursory search of the web reveals that Rabbi Kamenetsky isn’t the only Jewish religious authority who claims Halacha is on his side.
Of course, Rabbi Kamenetsky needn’t rely on Jewish law to justify his views when it would be just as easy, perhaps easier, to find justifications in secular society. Just this week, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and his Children’s Health Defensegroup filed for a temporary restraining order against the New York City Department of Health on behalf of five parents of unvaccinated children, citing “violation of petitioners’ rights under the United States Constitution and New York State law.” This is not the first time that pseudoscience and health fads of the larger culture have found their way into insular Jewish communities, and it is unlikely to be the last, but what a strange shidduch it makes."

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2556 on: April 19, 2019, 03:52:58 PM »
Not really
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: April 22, 2019, 09:50:45 AM »
"Rabbi Shmuel Kamenetsky, the rosh yeshiva of the Talmudical Yeshiva of Philadelphia, and his wife, Temi, write and lecture on the Jewish anti-vax circuit, according to a 2014 article in the Baltimore Jewish Times that quoted him. To further exacerbate the problem, in 2015 Rabbi Kamenetsky signed a letter authorizing rabbis of Lakewood, New Jersey’s Beth Medrash Govoha(BMG) to admit unvaccinated children.  And even a cursory search of the web reveals that Rabbi Kamenetsky isn’t the only Jewish religious authority who claims Halacha is on his side.
Of course, Rabbi Kamenetsky needn’t rely on Jewish law to justify his views when it would be just as easy, perhaps easier, to find justifications in secular society. Just this week, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and his Children’s Health Defensegroup filed for a temporary restraining order against the New York City Department of Health on behalf of five parents of unvaccinated children, citing “violation of petitioners’ rights under the United States Constitution and New York State law.” This is not the first time that pseudoscience and health fads of the larger culture have found their way into insular Jewish communities, and it is unlikely to be the last, but what a strange shidduch it makes."

Kamenetzky should be put in cherem until he reverses this position. This is many times worse than Mesira... He is enabling Rodfim.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: April 22, 2019, 10:25:25 AM »
Kamenetzky should be put in cherem until he reverses this position. This is many times worse than Mesira... He is enabling Rodfim.
Calm down buddy

Offline jye

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: April 22, 2019, 10:51:38 AM »

Anyone who calls him “Kemenetzky” should consider himself to be in cheirem. That’s how you speak about a gadol? His positions on vaccinations which I don’t follow or agree with don’t give you the right to degrade him like that .Feh.