Topic Wiki

The wiki is divided into groups for "fact" and "opinion." Please feel free to add whichever facts you know and opinions you have. Please try to avoid cluttering the wiki with unnecessary information such as outside links.

Please do not delete anything from this wiki.  If you disagree with an opinion, feel free to post your own. If you disagree with a fact--well, that's your opinion, and feel free to post it under opinions!

Facts
The flu vaccine causes more deaths per year than chicken pox.
The direct injection of RSV immunoglobulin, commonly known as the "RSV vaccine" would prevent 16x more deaths than the flu vaccine does, but is too expensive.
There is a vaccine for the plague, and that is why it is no longer an epidemic.
Ebola is caused by vaccines.
There is a vaccine for autism, but it causes mumps.

Opinions
Vaccines do not contain thimerosal, a known toxin.
If you snuck up on your neighbor's kid and cut open his skull, you would be arrested.  But when brain surgeons do it, and charge hundreds of thousands of dollars, it considered "medicine."
99% of vaccines do not cause autism (HT JJ1000).
Every pedi has seen healthy kids become sick physically & mentally hours after a vax (HT Baryochai)
Vaccines cause cancer, infertility, astma, adhd etc (HT Baryochai)

Poll

Did You Get The Flu Vaccine This Winter?

Yes (Shot)
121 (37.6%)
Yes (Nasal Spray)
5 (1.6%)
No
196 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 320

Author Topic: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread  (Read 544538 times)

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread
« Reply #2780 on: May 28, 2019, 08:59:49 AM »
If large segments of the population were to stop vaccinating, there would be a bigger risk.
But large segments of the population haven't stopped vaccinating...
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: May 28, 2019, 09:05:31 AM »
But large segments of the population haven't stopped vaccinating...
The people who think that people shouldn't vaccinate due to autism think that everyone shouldn't. Taken to the logical extreme, that would mean that nobody vaccinated. In which case you'd increased risks to everyone.

Offline Boruch999

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: May 28, 2019, 10:03:10 AM »
Are they dead? Autism is also irreversible brain damage. Again, I'm not saying that vaccine causes autism, there's obviously no evidence to support that, I was just coming to answer what I thought was a stupid argument.

Please elaborate as to why you think my statement was a stupid argument.

There is evidence to support that measles can lead to various complications including:

Quote from: https://www.cdc.gov/measles/about/complications.html
Severe Complications in Children and Adults
Some people may suffer from severe complications, such as pneumonia (infection of the lungs) and encephalitis (swelling of the brain). They may need to be hospitalized and could die.

About 1 out of 4 people who get measles will be hospitalized.

As many as 1 out of every 20 children with measles gets pneumonia, the most common cause of death from measles in young children.

About 1 child out of every 1,000 who get measles will develop encephalitis (swelling of the brain) that can lead to convulsions and can leave the child deaf or with intellectual disability.

Nearly 1 or 2 of every 1,000 children who become infected with measles will die from respiratory and neurologic complications.

Measles may cause pregnant women who have not had the MMR vaccine to give birth prematurely, or have a low-birth-weight baby.

You said there is no risk of dying, especially in America.  You implied that in places that have modern healthcare the risk of measles is trivial. I pointed out that in Israel which has a modern healthcare system measles has left 2 people with serious complications.

As it turns out, according to the CDC, in the US 1-2 of 1000 children would die.  There is no evidence that anyone dies from the MMR vaccine.

Offline ~King Lake~

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: May 28, 2019, 10:25:40 AM »
Please elaborate as to why you think my statement was a stupid argument.

There is evidence to support that measles can lead to various complications including:

You said there is no risk of dying, especially in America.  You implied that in places that have modern healthcare the risk of measles is trivial. I pointed out that in Israel which has a modern healthcare system measles has left 2 people with serious complications.

As it turns out, according to the CDC, in the US 1-2 of 1000 children would die.  There is no evidence that anyone ever died from the MMR vaccine.
FTFY
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline chevron

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: May 28, 2019, 11:43:01 AM »
They mock the medical establishment and pharmacutical companies till they get sick.

Treatment for chronic hepatitis B may include: Antiviral medications. Several antiviral medications — including entecavir (Baraclude), tenofovir (Viread), lamivudine (Epivir), adefovir (Hepsera) and telbivudine (Tyzeka) — can help fight the virus and slow its ability to damage your liver.

I'm sure they have better methods like mustard and garlic.

I respect that people have concerns but why are they blind to the alternatives? As was pointed out here. You take abstract and circumstancel evidence of the risks and dangers of MMR and clearly ignore hard scientific recorded medical data on measels?!?

inoculation has been around for 500-1000 years for smallpox vaccination and I'm sure back then people balked at injecting a disease.

In France, considerable opposition arose to the introduction of inoculation, and it was banned by the Parlement. Voltaire, in his Lettres Philosophiques, wrote a criticism of his countrymen for being opposed to inoculation and having so little regard for the welfare of their children, concluding that "had inoculation been practised in France it would have saved the lives of thousands.

But Voltaire was a shmutzik apikores!!

Inoculation grew in popularity in Europe through the 18th century. Given the high prevalence and often severe consequences of smallpox in Europe in the 18th century (according to Voltaire, there was a 60% incidence of first infection, a 20% mortality rate, and a 20% incidence of severe scarring),[28] many parents felt that the benefits of inoculation outweighed the risks and so inoculated their children

And here there is a clear proof arguments but again people just drill logic in their head's and make them into facts.

So why should we go crazy to address these claims and concerns when the anti vaxxers will not listen regardless?

Btw all the health nuts chugging kombucha and eating Fermented food, the discovery of healthy gut bacteria was made by the man who also invented some vaccine's oy!!

Sir Waldemar Mordechai Wolff Haffkine CIE (Russian: Мордехай-Вольф Хавкин; 15 March 1860 – 26 October 1930) was a bacteriologist from the Russian Empire whose career was blighted in Russia because he refused to convert from Judaism to Russian Orthodox Christianity.[1] He emigrated and worked at the Pasteur Institute in Paris, where he developed an anti-cholera vaccine that he tried out successfully in India. He is recognized as the first microbiologist who developed and used vaccines against cholera and bubonic plague. He tested the vaccines on himself. Lord Joseph Lister named him "a saviour of humanity".

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: May 28, 2019, 11:47:24 AM »
He also was frum in his later years.. it's not my fault the orthodox establishment won't send their kids to college so we have few frum doctors these days and maybe one frum doctor can cause crazy damage because the community trusts him and who knows why some guy may take a anti vaccine stance.

The overwhelming medical establishment supports MMR a vaccine around for 50 years ago all of a sudden it became evil.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: May 28, 2019, 11:49:41 AM »
You implied that in places that have modern healthcare the risk of measles is trivial.

That is not at all what I implied, I would appreciate if you would refrain from putting words in my mouth.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: May 28, 2019, 11:51:57 AM »
They mock the medical establishment and pharmacutical companies till they get sick.

Treatment for chronic hepatitis B may include: Antiviral medications. Several antiviral medications — including entecavir (Baraclude), tenofovir (Viread), lamivudine (Epivir), adefovir (Hepsera) and telbivudine (Tyzeka) — can help fight the virus and slow its ability to damage your liver.

I'm sure they have better methods like mustard and garlic.

I respect that people have concerns but why are they blind to the alternatives? As was pointed out here. You take abstract and circumstancel evidence of the risks and dangers of MMR and clearly ignore hard scientific recorded medical data on measels?!?

inoculation has been around for 500-1000 years for smallpox vaccination and I'm sure back then people balked at injecting a disease.

In France, considerable opposition arose to the introduction of inoculation, and it was banned by the Parlement. Voltaire, in his Lettres Philosophiques, wrote a criticism of his countrymen for being opposed to inoculation and having so little regard for the welfare of their children, concluding that "had inoculation been practised in France it would have saved the lives of thousands.

But Voltaire was a shmutzik apikores!!

Inoculation grew in popularity in Europe through the 18th century. Given the high prevalence and often severe consequences of smallpox in Europe in the 18th century (according to Voltaire, there was a 60% incidence of first infection, a 20% mortality rate, and a 20% incidence of severe scarring),[28] many parents felt that the benefits of inoculation outweighed the risks and so inoculated their children

And here there is a clear proof arguments but again people just drill logic in their head's and make them into facts.

So why should we go crazy to address these claims and concerns when the anti vaxxers will not listen regardless?

Btw all the health nuts chugging kombucha and eating Fermented food, the discovery of healthy gut bacteria was made by the man who also invented some vaccine's oy!!

Sir Waldemar Mordechai Wolff Haffkine CIE (Russian: Мордехай-Вольф Хавкин; 15 March 1860 – 26 October 1930) was a bacteriologist from the Russian Empire whose career was blighted in Russia because he refused to convert from Judaism to Russian Orthodox Christianity.[1] He emigrated and worked at the Pasteur Institute in Paris, where he developed an anti-cholera vaccine that he tried out successfully in India. He is recognized as the first microbiologist who developed and used vaccines against cholera and bubonic plague. He tested the vaccines on himself. Lord Joseph Lister named him "a saviour of humanity".
Dude, you seriously have to calm down. Your arguments are starting to border on manic and you sound just as crazy as the people you're coming to "fight against."

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: May 28, 2019, 11:52:34 AM »
He also was frum in his later years.. it's not my fault the orthodox establishment won't send their kids to college so we have few frum doctors these days and maybe one frum doctor can cause crazy damage because the community trusts him and who knows why some guy may take a anti vaccine stance.
Lol, ever been to CLE? The place is swarming with frum doctors. (Besides for the fact that there are very good reasons that the frum community is not sending their kids to regular colleges.)

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: May 28, 2019, 11:55:56 AM »
The argument would be that there's really no risk of dying, especially in America.

But there is a risk and people do die. No they haven't yet as the measels rates have been low bh but should they expand, yes we will see death's lo aleinu.

This is so idiotic because you are proposing taxing the medical establishment with clearly preventable diseases.

Again go start your own anti vaxxer community and stay far away from us.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #2790 on: May 28, 2019, 11:58:26 AM »
But there is a risk and people do die. No they haven't yet as the measels rates have been low bh but should they expand, yes we will see death's lo aleinu.

This is so idiotic because you are proposing taxing the medical establishment with clearly preventable diseases.

Again go start your own anti vaxxer community and stay far away from us.
I'm not proposing anything. I'm also not an anti-vaxxer.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: May 28, 2019, 11:59:57 AM »
Lol, ever been to CLE? The place is swarming with frum doctors. (Besides for the fact that there are very good reasons that the frum community is not sending their kids to regular colleges.)

I'm just using the material at hand. Most frum doctors are BT or mo and many chasidishe or yeshivish doctors didn't start off that way.

I know 50+ doctors and not one opposes vaccinations.

Rabbi kaminetzky always quotes some doctor as if one guy is the bearer of the medical mesora.

Sure I have strong points and I've seen what the medical establishment has done for some very sick people. It's not perfect but nothing is.

Show us the bodies. Show us the proven death's from MMR.

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: May 28, 2019, 01:09:22 PM »
That is not at all what I implied, I would appreciate if you would refrain from putting words in my mouth.

Here's what led me to say that.

Even according to people who say it causes autism, it's still rare for it to. Otherwise 99.99% of the population would be autistic. I'd take a chance at autism over a chance of dying.

Again, purely hypothetical as there is zero evidence that they do. It's just as likely that they cause superior intelligence.

He clearly didn't mean to limit it to a chance of dying. I think vegetative brain damage would also work.

And you responded

The argument would be that there's really no risk of dying, especially in America.

to which I responded

There are reportedly 2 people in Israel with irreversible brain damage due to measles.

To which you responded

Are they dead? Autism is also irreversible brain damage. Again, I'm not saying that vaccine causes autism, there's obviously no evidence to support that, I was just coming to answer what I thought was a stupid argument.

I thought that seemed like you were trivializing brain damage.  I apologize if that's not what you meant to convey.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: June 05, 2019, 05:56:36 PM »
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2019/06/first-look-dr-rich-roberts-releases-24-page-brochure-gedolim-letters-on-vaccinations.html#more-207970

The comments on that article and others and just reading this;

https://www.vosizneias.com/324592/2019/06/05/brooklyn-ny-orthodox-conspiracy-anti-vaccination-rally-led-by-a-hollywood-producer-and-a-rabbi-who-quotes-gospel-of-luke/

Is why it's impossible to reason with anti vaxxers. They rail about a huge conspiracy, blast the health establishment as being complicit and incompetent etc etc..

Good luck treating your diseases at home.

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 08:54:37 AM by Boruch999 »

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: August 13, 2019, 09:21:36 AM »
https://www.timesofisrael.com/el-al-flight-attendant-dies-4-months-after-contracting-measles-on-plane-from-ny/

BD"E
I'm waiting for that idiots to say that she died because she took the shot and not because she had measles...
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline sb5917

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: August 13, 2019, 10:38:36 AM »
y was she not vaccinated ?
Why is the same stupidity repeated so many times in this thread?
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: August 13, 2019, 10:42:14 AM »
Why is the same stupidity repeated so many times in this thread?
Please make this your signature.