Topic Wiki

The wiki is divided into groups for "fact" and "opinion." Please feel free to add whichever facts you know and opinions you have. Please try to avoid cluttering the wiki with unnecessary information such as outside links.

Please do not delete anything from this wiki.  If you disagree with an opinion, feel free to post your own. If you disagree with a fact--well, that's your opinion, and feel free to post it under opinions!

Facts
The flu vaccine causes more deaths per year than chicken pox.
The direct injection of RSV immunoglobulin, commonly known as the "RSV vaccine" would prevent 16x more deaths than the flu vaccine does, but is too expensive.
There is a vaccine for the plague, and that is why it is no longer an epidemic.
Ebola is caused by vaccines.
There is a vaccine for autism, but it causes mumps.

Opinions
Vaccines do not contain thimerosal, a known toxin.
If you snuck up on your neighbor's kid and cut open his skull, you would be arrested.  But when brain surgeons do it, and charge hundreds of thousands of dollars, it considered "medicine."
99% of vaccines do not cause autism (HT JJ1000).
Every pedi has seen healthy kids become sick physically & mentally hours after a vax (HT Baryochai)
Vaccines cause cancer, infertility, astma, adhd etc (HT Baryochai)

Poll

Did You Get The Flu Vaccine This Winter?

Yes (Shot)
121 (37.6%)
Yes (Nasal Spray)
5 (1.6%)
No
196 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 320

Author Topic: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread  (Read 544505 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread
« Reply #2900 on: June 07, 2020, 01:05:07 AM »
Hard to accuse ppl of fearmongering who have searched for cases they can call kids affected like that
FTFY
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline henche

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: June 07, 2020, 01:14:59 AM »
The RSV vaccine is known to cause intussusception.  My son had one several weeks after getting the RSV vaccine.  He’s fine now, bh.  Now they don’t give the rsv vaccine to my kids because we have family history of bad effects. 

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2902 on: June 07, 2020, 01:45:51 AM »
I don't want to go into the whole discussion of vaccines but if I can change the mind of one person/family then it's worth it:
My young brother wasn't vaccinated for the measles and he got it when he was a young baby. He was then completely healthy until the age of 9 when we realized something was wrong. After many tests, scans & MRI, the doctor found that it was a rare complication of the measles that comes out only years later and no one till that day recovered from it. The body just stop functioning in many stages and people were able to stay alive for a maximum of 8 years with an average of 4 years. This happens 1 in 10M measles cases.
I don't remember all the details, the name of this complication, and why my brother wasn't vaccinated for the measles (although we were all vaccinated in my family), and I don't want to ask my parents any questions about it.
Someone called me a few months ago after there was a big controversy in CH about vaccines and ask me; "is it true your brother had complications because he got vaccinated?" I was shocked from this question but I still had to verify to be 100% sure. My only question to my mother was if my brother was vaccinated or not and she confirmed he wasn't.
My brother past away 3 years later at the age of 12. It was 3 painful years with a hospital bed at home with many machines and a surgery or visit at the hospital every few months.
If he just had the damn vaccine...
Wow, just reading this.
So sad :(
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2903 on: June 07, 2020, 02:00:05 AM »
Hard to accuse ppl of fearmongering who have seen their kids affected like that
So should people who’ve been affected by diseases that could have been prevented by vaccines put out letters telling everyone to vaccinate by describing the horrible losses they’ve endured? Because that’s much more common than people adversely affected by vaccines.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline YankyDoodle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: June 07, 2020, 11:16:07 AM »
Maybe. Pretty crazy fearmongering.

The RSV vaccine is known to cause intussusception.  My son had one several weeks after getting the RSV vaccine.  He’s fine now, bh.  Now they don’t give the rsv vaccine to my kids because we have family history of bad effects. 

The first example in that flyer is of a patient getting RSV vaccine... and @henche concurs... there is no routinely given RSV vaccine. It kills nearly 100k babies per year, so would be incredible if there was one.  @henche must have meant rotavirus vaccine, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. But the magazine needs to stoop to making up vaccines in order to find “negative outcomes”  :-\

The second example is of classic SIDS that occurs “days” after a vaccine was given (the other child did fine despite getting the vaccine (must not ha got a full dose :P). Another example says a woman lost ability to have kids after getting a flu shot... don’t even know what to say to that but I’d love to see the workup that came to that conclusion.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2905 on: June 07, 2020, 11:18:07 AM »
So much of this is the same type of science so many are relying on regarding reopening.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: June 07, 2020, 11:30:07 AM »
The first example in that flyer is of a patient getting RSV vaccine... and @henche concurs... there is no routinely given RSV vaccine. It kills nearly 100k babies per year, so would be incredible if there was one.  @henche must have meant rotavirus vaccine, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. But the magazine needs to stoop to making up vaccines in order to find “negative outcomes”  :-\

The second example is of classic SIDS that occurs “days” after a vaccine was given (the other child did fine despite getting the vaccine (must not ha got a full dose :P). Another example says a woman lost ability to have kids after getting a flu shot... don’t even know what to say to that but I’d love to see the workup that came to that conclusion.

U r correct, i was mixing them up. My other kid taka did get the rsv vaccine after we fought for it because he was born premature during the rsv season

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: June 07, 2020, 12:28:13 PM »
So much of this is the same type of science so many are relying on regarding reopening.
Except one has a decent chance that it may ultimately prove correct even if the science isn’t rock solid.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2908 on: June 07, 2020, 12:32:27 PM »
Except one has a decent chance that it may ultimately prove correct even if the science isn’t rock solid.
According to which scientists?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline biobook

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: June 07, 2020, 12:47:51 PM »
So should people who’ve been affected by diseases that could have been prevented by vaccines put out letters telling everyone to vaccinate by describing the horrible losses they’ve endured? Because that’s much more common than people adversely affected by vaccines.

That's what Benjamin Franklin did:

“In 1736 I lost one of my sons, a fine boy of four years old, by the small-pox, taken in the common way,” he wrote. “I long regretted bitterly, and still regret that I had not given it to him by inoculation.

“This I mention for the sake of parents who omit that operation, on the supposition that they should never forgive themselves if a child died under it, my example showing that the regret may be the same either way and that, therefore, the safer should be chosen.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/01/health/01smallpox.html

Offline Randomex

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: June 11, 2020, 07:40:10 PM »
And yet another segment. https://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2020/06/the-haunted-house-a-thought-experiment-d-wolf.html

The advertisers on the LakewoodScoop should be pulling their ads; this is completely irresponsible by the LakewoodScoop to keep posting these articles as if there's a legitimate debate.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: June 11, 2020, 08:11:11 PM »
And yet another segment. https://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2020/06/the-haunted-house-a-thought-experiment-d-wolf.html

The advertisers on the LakewoodScoop should be pulling their ads; this is completely irresponsible by the LakewoodScoop to keep posting these articles as if there's a legitimate debate.
If morals dictated, no one would be advertising on TLS.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2914 on: June 25, 2020, 11:05:54 AM »
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline 1 milliom miles

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: December 23, 2020, 02:34:14 PM »
At least 1,008,025 Americans had received their first dose of the vaccine as of 9 a.m. Wednesday, according to a tally from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

There have been 9,465,725 doses distributed across the country thus far, as production of the vaccines pick up pace.

Offline justaregularguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile