Topic Wiki

The wiki is divided into groups for "fact" and "opinion." Please feel free to add whichever facts you know and opinions you have. Please try to avoid cluttering the wiki with unnecessary information such as outside links.

Please do not delete anything from this wiki.  If you disagree with an opinion, feel free to post your own. If you disagree with a fact--well, that's your opinion, and feel free to post it under opinions!

Facts
The flu vaccine causes more deaths per year than chicken pox.
The direct injection of RSV immunoglobulin, commonly known as the "RSV vaccine" would prevent 16x more deaths than the flu vaccine does, but is too expensive.
There is a vaccine for the plague, and that is why it is no longer an epidemic.
Ebola is caused by vaccines.
There is a vaccine for autism, but it causes mumps.

Opinions
Vaccines do not contain thimerosal, a known toxin.
If you snuck up on your neighbor's kid and cut open his skull, you would be arrested.  But when brain surgeons do it, and charge hundreds of thousands of dollars, it considered "medicine."
99% of vaccines do not cause autism (HT JJ1000).
Every pedi has seen healthy kids become sick physically & mentally hours after a vax (HT Baryochai)
Vaccines cause cancer, infertility, astma, adhd etc (HT Baryochai)

Poll

Did You Get The Flu Vaccine This Winter?

Yes (Shot)
121 (37.6%)
Yes (Nasal Spray)
5 (1.6%)
No
196 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 320

Author Topic: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread  (Read 544808 times)

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
Re: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread
« Reply #820 on: April 10, 2014, 12:57:13 PM »
It is a conspiracy by the drug companies to get us to take just one or two doses of a vaccine to prevent us from getting sick so we don't need to use their medications for long periods of time.

Wait, someone needs to get fired.
More likely it's Mafia tactics to kill off all those who don't kowtow to the drug companies
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline gavhaller

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase Visa Supreme, Avis Cadillac, Hyatt Vacation Club Owner, Disney Annual-Pass Holder, BA Avios Executive Corporate Shareholder VIP, Citi Platinum Status, Owner Of DFS - Discover Financial Services
« Reply #821 on: April 10, 2014, 01:22:09 PM »
Fair enough I apologize, it seems I misunderstood you. I just get worked up because unfortunately there are uneducated people who "do their own research" and stop receiving vaccines based on online testimonials. Stupid is as stupid does I guess.
No worries- I totally understand.
I have a relative who is also a chiropractor and she is very into holistic and naturopathic remedies. She (I believe I can accurately say) has done TONS of research into this topic. I'm talking about primary research articles and journals from the AMA and other related sources. She decided for herself not to vaccinate her children when they were young. Again, her decision, and she did not force this upon other people and create a worldwide epidemic.

It's all based on what you feel is good for yourself.

-I think I might be done with this thread for now. PEACE OUT :)

Offline Menachem613

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 10, 2014, 01:43:04 PM »

No worries- I totally understand.
I have a relative who is also a chiropractor and she is very into holistic and naturopathic remedies. She (I believe I can accurately say) has done TONS of research into this topic. I'm talking about primary research articles and journals from the AMA and other related sources. She decided for herself not to vaccinate her children when they were young. Again, her decision, and she did not force this upon other people and create a worldwide epidemic.

-I think I might be done with this thread for now. PEACE OUT :)

Hmmm. Chiropractor. Makes sense.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #823 on: April 10, 2014, 01:43:53 PM »
Even though you said you're done here, realize this:

she did not force this upon other people and create a worldwide epidemic.

No, this a cheap kop out.  Not vaccinating effects everyone. That is why people get so worked up about it. It is not just a personal choice that affects your own family. It is a highly selfish, dangerous practice.

On the contrary, let her provide the evidence and share it with the masses. If vaccinations are so dangerous, why keep it private? And if she is keeping it to herself so her children can rely on herd immunity because of the rest of us who do vaccinate, why, that is might selfish and disgusting behavior for someone who makes a living healing others.

Measles, mumps, whooping cough and more are all things our communities are suffering from because INDIVIDUALS are deciding to defy reason and evidence.

I know this is harsh, but it is a harsh reality. Peace out indeed.

a chiropractor and she is very into holistic and naturopathic remedies.  .....  She decided for herself not to vaccinate her children .....

You don't say. When the naturopathic remedies get rid of polio (speak to someone over 50-60 to see how widespread and debilitating polio was) please let us know.

Offline YankyDoodle

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 10, 2014, 01:51:17 PM »

No, this a cheap kop out.  Not vaccinating effects everyone. That is why people get so worked up about it. It is not just a personal choice that affects your own family. It is a highly selfish, dangerous practice.

On the contrary, let her provide the evidence and share it with the masses. If vaccinations are so dangerous, why keep it private? And if she is keeping it to herself so her children can rely on herd immunity because of the rest of us who do vaccinate, why, that is might selfish and disgusting behavior for someone who makes a living healing others.

Measles, mumps, whooping cough and more are all things our communities are suffering from because INDIVIDUALS are deciding to defy reason and evidence.

You don't say. When the naturopathic remedies get rid of polio (speak to someone over 50-60 to see how widespread and debilitating polio was) please let us know.
+100

Really well put!

Offline gavhaller

• View Profile
  • Programs: Chase Visa Supreme, Avis Cadillac, Hyatt Vacation Club Owner, Disney Annual-Pass Holder, BA Avios Executive Corporate Shareholder VIP, Citi Platinum Status, Owner Of DFS - Discover Financial Services
« Reply #825 on: April 10, 2014, 04:10:15 PM »

It wasn't meant to be a kop out. I really have no interest participating in a thread where everyone is rude to each other and nobody respects others opinions. If you read my reply accurately and didn't quote that which you wanted to, you would have seen that she decided not to vaccinate her children WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG. keyword: young.
Many family practitioners that I have had experience with have agreed with that philosophy. Each parent has the RIGHT to chose whether or not they will do it. Right or wrong, not your decision, but from what she has told me- research has shown that combinations of vaccines can be dangerous for children so young- I believe her and that is the practice that I will hopefully follow one day.

Its not a kop out. You just didn't read my post.

Offline gavhaller

• View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 10, 2014, 04:11:05 PM »
Oh... And peace out  :P

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #827 on: April 10, 2014, 04:19:33 PM »
It is not just a personal choice that affects your own family. It is a highly selfish, dangerous practice.
I enjoy reading this thread and had a few chuckles along the way but this is a very dangerous road to go down.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline CS1

• View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #828 on: April 10, 2014, 04:21:43 PM »
vaccines are just dead viruses. (Basically)
Its not some magic potion cooked up by a mad chemist in the basement of an enormous conglomerate owned by the CIA...
actually, most educated people have no problem with the dead viruses in the vials.

I'm pro-vaccine.

It's the chemicals, preservatives, and varied ingredients that are in each does that are additives in order to
enable a vial to sit in a box or on a shelf for 10+ years
and remain germ-free as each syringe is entered to extract the necessary quantity for each immunization that are not as safe in certain quantities.

Those ingredients (which vary by drug manufacturer) have caused febrile seizures and neurological reactions in some cases.

The CDC's perspective on febrile seizures & immunizations 2-5% of children:       http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Vaccines/MMRV/qa_FebrileSeizures.html
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 10, 2014, 04:26:45 PM »
Like the preservatives in virtually everything else we consume?

(Unless you a grass eating vegan...)

Offline Menachem613

• View Profile

Offline CS1

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 10, 2014, 04:46:04 PM »
Like the preservatives in virtually everything else we consume?

(Unless you a grass eating vegan...)
swallowing or inhaling formaldehyde/thimersol as a 100+ lb adult is much healthier than injecting it into the muscles and bloodstream of an 8lb newborn.
Aluminum adjuvantsand mercury have less of an impact when traveling through the the digestive system than when
affecting the neurological system via intramuscular injections. 

The CDC itself - The Center for Disease Control - (NOT the questionable mercola) link that 'admits' that there are these added ingredients :
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/vaccine-decision/ingredients.html
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline gavhaller

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 10, 2014, 04:50:46 PM »
swallowing or inhaling formaldehyde/thimersol as a 100+ lb adult is much healthier than injecting it into the muscles and bloodstream of an 8lb newborn.
Aluminum adjuvantsand mercury have less of an impact when traveling through the the digestive system than when
affecting the neurological system via intramuscular injections. 

The CDC itself - The Center for Disease Control - (NOT the questionable mercola) link that 'admits' that there are these added ingredients :
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/vaccine-decision/ingredients.html

+freakin1

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #833 on: April 10, 2014, 04:57:33 PM »
It wasn't meant to be a kop out. I really have no interest participating in a thread where everyone is rude to each other and nobody respects others opinions. If you read my reply accurately and didn't quote that which you wanted to, you would have seen that she decided not to vaccinate her children WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG. keyword: young.
Many family practitioners that I have had experience with have agreed with that philosophy. Each parent has the RIGHT to chose whether or not they will do it. Right or wrong, not your decision, but from what she has told me- research has shown that combinations of vaccines can be dangerous for children so young- I believe her and that is the practice that I will hopefully follow one day.

When yehuda wrote 'kop out' I could excuse it as a one-off typo but for you to repeat it? and twice?

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #834 on: April 10, 2014, 05:08:05 PM »

I did. There are reasons why babies specifically are given the vaccines, and not adults. I can't point you to the studies now, as I'm getting on a plane soon, but would be happy to do so in the near future, if you so desire.
Yes, it is your right to choose, but if you choose something which affects everyone, you better have proof and evidence behind you. I have yet to see that evidence in this thread or anywhere else.

Offline CS1

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 10, 2014, 05:12:15 PM »
+freakin1
:)

Best compliment of the day.

I believe in vaccines. I believe in the facts. I believe in being educated. However, as you mentioned, common sense and thinking smart is of top priority.

when the pediatricians are super pushy and they explain that the chart is geared to the urban areas of high risk, then it's time to take a look and see what the goals are.  We were told that as long as they get what's needed by 2 years, we can select (within reason) when to come in and have them done in a timely, responsible manner. They told me that it's too hard to do that for everyone -- it's much easier to give the "Pediarix" which is 5-in-1.
Sounds like a lot for a youngster.
it's way too hard to have the nurses keep track of so many different things, so they'll do our schedule request 'just' for us...

(We got the message that this is efficient for the office, easier for paperwork, insurance billing and the nurses.
 this is mandated due to high-risk areas, but it's not needed, overall for the typical 2-4 month old who is at home and nursing.) 

Basically, if we, as DDFers can calculate which retailers, which BB rules, which GCs, which VRs, which spending by # of months,
then we can also figure out how to innoculate our children with their 20 shots by 18 months spread out every 4-6 weeks instead of
all 20 shots in only 4 visits.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #836 on: April 10, 2014, 05:15:28 PM »
I enjoy reading this thread and had a few chuckles along the way but this is a very dangerous road to go down.

I, too, have enjoyed the chuckles, many provided by you, so thanks. I fail to see how this is any more dangerous or personal than the others before this post.

Relying on herd immunity and not vaccinating is selfish. Vaccines prevent illnesses, ergo not vaccinating is dangerous.

My intention was not to offend.

Offline Menachem613

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 10, 2014, 05:25:11 PM »

US  vax schedule is crowded Japan's is much more spaced out & infant mortality rate in US 3.5 times as high

Caused by what?

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #838 on: April 10, 2014, 05:31:06 PM »
That is  there is "proof" that vaccines are safe & effective. do you have any ?

As I said, I'm traveling and can point to all of that in the near future. For starters, go up on this very thread and there are plenty of links.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #839 on: April 10, 2014, 05:46:12 PM »
I, too, have enjoyed the chuckles, many provided by you, so thanks. I fail to see how this is any more dangerous or personal than the others before this post.

Relying on herd immunity and not vaccinating is selfish. Vaccines prevent illnesses, ergo not vaccinating is dangerous.

My intention was not to offend.
Which vaccines are we talking about? As an example I do not get the Flu shot. Am I being selfish and dangerous to others? How about for religious reasons parents that do not have their children vaccinated? Should they go against their religion? This is way I think it is a dangerous road to go down.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half