Topic Wiki

The wiki is divided into groups for "fact" and "opinion." Please feel free to add whichever facts you know and opinions you have. Please try to avoid cluttering the wiki with unnecessary information such as outside links.

Please do not delete anything from this wiki.  If you disagree with an opinion, feel free to post your own. If you disagree with a fact--well, that's your opinion, and feel free to post it under opinions!

Facts
The flu vaccine causes more deaths per year than chicken pox.
The direct injection of RSV immunoglobulin, commonly known as the "RSV vaccine" would prevent 16x more deaths than the flu vaccine does, but is too expensive.
There is a vaccine for the plague, and that is why it is no longer an epidemic.
Ebola is caused by vaccines.
There is a vaccine for autism, but it causes mumps.

Opinions
Vaccines do not contain thimerosal, a known toxin.
If you snuck up on your neighbor's kid and cut open his skull, you would be arrested.  But when brain surgeons do it, and charge hundreds of thousands of dollars, it considered "medicine."
99% of vaccines do not cause autism (HT JJ1000).
Every pedi has seen healthy kids become sick physically & mentally hours after a vax (HT Baryochai)
Vaccines cause cancer, infertility, astma, adhd etc (HT Baryochai)

Poll

Did You Get The Flu Vaccine This Winter?

Yes (Shot)
121 (37.6%)
Yes (Nasal Spray)
5 (1.6%)
No
196 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 320

Author Topic: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread  (Read 544523 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread
« Reply #840 on: April 10, 2014, 06:02:57 PM »
Can you please explain to me this UN report  how come USA has 3.5 times as many babies die in their 1st year as Japan when they give 1/4 of the vaccines in 1st year
Maybe it has to do with more babies being born to crack heads and heroin addicts in the US. Maybe it has to do with the child being breast feed or not. Maybe it has to do with the air we breathe. To be honest I have no idea.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 10, 2014, 06:03:18 PM »
:)

Best compliment of the day.

I believe in vaccines. I believe in the facts. I believe in being educated. However, as you mentioned, common sense and thinking smart is of top priority.

when the pediatricians are super pushy and they explain that the chart is geared to the urban areas of high risk, then it's time to take a look and see what the goals are.  We were told that as long as they get what's needed by 2 years, we can select (within reason) when to come in and have them done in a timely, responsible manner.
(We got the message that this is efficient for the office, easier for paperwork, insurance billing and the nurses.
 this is mandated due to high-risk areas, but it's not needed, overall for the typical 2-4 month old who is at home and nursing.) 

Where I live, moms go back to work at six weeks. A few local babies were murdered by whooping cough at daycares that were intimidated against Mandating vaccination.
Its very risky to rely on some kinda intuition that has no benefit, and avoids no risk.

Offline CS1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #842 on: April 10, 2014, 06:06:33 PM »
Where I live, moms go back to work at six weeks. A few local babies were murdered by whooping cough at daycares that were intimidated against Mandating vaccination.
Its very risky to rely on some kinda intuition that has no benefit, and avoids no risk.
agree -- Which is why I wrote:
1) why those original children & adults who spread it should have been vaccinated
and # 2) : 

this is mandated due to high-risk areas, but it's not needed, overall for the typical 2-4 month old who is at home and nursing.) 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:12:44 PM by CS1 »
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline YankyDoodle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 10, 2014, 06:21:56 PM »
This has been an interesting thread. Thank you to those that have kept it civil and engaged in a logical discussion. I am going to sign off for now, as I feel that my contributions are not having their desired effect. It seems that logic may not play a decisive role in an emotionally charged arena. I especially find it difficult to continue the discussion as some individuals do not respond to the flow of the discussion. I think I have tried to be open-minded and consider all possibilities and I have responded (mostly respectfully) with facts or logical arguments whenever I disagreed with a stated position. I hope a certain level of respect for logic and actual scientific data is continued to be upheld. Good luck and stay safe and healthy.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 10, 2014, 06:28:25 PM »
This has been an interesting thread. Thank you to those that have kept it civil and engaged in a logical discussion. I am going to sign off for now, as I feel that my contributions are not having their desired effect. It seems that logic may not play a decisive role in an emotionally charged arena. I especially find it difficult to continue the discussion as some individuals do not respond to the flow of the discussion. I think I have tried to be open-minded and consider all possibilities and I have responded (mostly respectfully) with facts or logical arguments whenever I disagreed with a stated position. I hope a certain level of respect for logic and actual scientific data is continued to be upheld. Good luck and stay safe and healthy.
+1 TY!

Offline Barryg

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 13, 2014, 12:35:39 AM »
:)

Best compliment of the day.

I believe in vaccines. I believe in the facts. I believe in being educated. However, as you mentioned, common sense and thinking smart is of top priority.

when the pediatricians are super pushy and they explain that the chart is geared to the urban areas of high risk, then it's time to take a look and see what the goals are.  We were told that as long as they get what's needed by 2 years, we can select (within reason) when to come in and have them done in a timely, responsible manner. They told me that it's too hard to do that for everyone -- it's much easier to give the "Pediarix" which is 5-in-1.
Sounds like a lot for a youngster.
it's way too hard to have the nurses keep track of so many different things, so they'll do our schedule request 'just' for us...

(We got the message that this is efficient for the office, easier for paperwork, insurance billing and the nurses.

Basically, if we, as DDFers can calculate which retailers, which BB rules, which GCs, which VRs, which spending by # of months,
then we can also figure out how to innoculate our children with their 20 shots by 18 months spread out every 4-6 weeks instead of
all 20 shots in only 4 visits.

Who ever said that there are 20 mandatory shots needed in first 18 months? Why not spread it over 10 years? (Being 100% serious with this Q)

Offline CS1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #846 on: April 13, 2014, 02:00:50 AM »
Who ever said that there are 20 mandatory shots needed in first 18 months? Why not spread it over 10 years? (Being 100% serious with this Q)
It's in the link that I posted:  http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/downloads/parent-ver-sch-0-6yrs.pdf
(20 is the 'diseases'. Some are 3-in-1, such as the DTP. Impacts that child.

Spreading for the first 12-15 months may work if done right. Cannot be spread out over the course of 10 years because:
1) More doses are needed at age 2, and another 6 doses needed in Kindergarten.
2) susceptible to several diseases before age 10. Protection is needed.
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #847 on: April 13, 2014, 11:33:09 PM »
i agree that we start to early maybe starting @ age 120 years will do even less harm
But then you would start blaming all the 120 year olds' deaths on the vaccines they just started taking :P

Offline az

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 24, 2014, 05:45:05 PM »
"Immunity in the Jewish Community

Contents
Jeff Levin from Lakewood, New Jersey wrote:

Dear Rabbi,
Are we required to immunize our children? Since the scientific knowledge is not 100%
accurate and there is ample proof that vaccines in fact damage children permanently and sometimes they can cause death ... are we allowed to vaccinate children?

Dear Jeff Levin,

Our Sages teach that in medical matters we should rely on the experts in each generation. Today, there are differences of opinion among doctors concerning which immunizations are helpful, safe or advisable to receive. Therefore, as with any medical issue, you are required to find a doctor with sufficient expertise in the subject such that his opinion may be relied upon.

There's no blanket answer concerning all vaccines, but certainly many childhood diseases have been practically eliminated or reduced since their introduction. Smallpox, for example, once a great killer of children, is today extremely rare. On the other hand, some vaccinations are of highly questionable value. Find a doctor whom you trust to help select the proper immunizations for your child."

http://ohr.edu/ask/ask174.htm

i doubt that any of our doctors qualify [regarding this topic]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 06:11:45 PM by az »

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 24, 2014, 06:03:22 PM »
They qualify to do everything else> What do you think they do in school for 7+ years??

Offline Menachem613

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 24, 2014, 06:06:40 PM »

"Immunity in the Jewish Community

Contents
Jeff Levin from Lakewood, New Jersey wrote:

Dear Rabbi,
Are we required to immunize our children? Since the scientific knowledge is not 100%
accurate and there is ample proof that vaccines in fact damage children permanently and sometimes they can cause death ... are we allowed to vaccinate children?

Dear Jeff Levin,

Our Sages teach that in medical matters we should rely on the experts in each generation. Today, there are differences of opinion among doctors concerning which immunizations are helpful, safe or advisable to receive. Therefore, as with any medical issue, you are required to find a doctor with sufficient expertise in the subject such that his opinion may be relied upon.

There's no blanket answer concerning all vaccines, but certainly many childhood diseases have been practically eliminated or reduced since their introduction. Smallpox, for example, once a great killer of children, is today extremely rare. On the other hand, some vaccinations are of highly questionable value. Find a doctor whom you trust to help select the proper immunizations for your child."

http://ohr.edu/ask/ask174.htm

i doubt that any of our doctors qualify

Where do you go when you are sick?

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 24, 2014, 06:42:48 PM »
Where do you go when you are sick?

The mikva

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 27, 2014, 05:39:40 PM »
I know a few Doctors in NY who have opened their eyes  & no longer recommend any vaccines

http://www.drpalevsky.com/ MD (long wait for appointment)

http://www.raphaelkellmanmd.com/#!about1/c7sq MD (not cheap)

http://www.raphaelkellmanmd.com/#!about1/c7sq PA  (most insurance)

Are number 2 and 3 the same person?

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 27, 2014, 06:27:03 PM »
in school they get brainwashed,programmed & they party
The plot thickens...

Offline bubbles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 27, 2014, 06:59:20 PM »
I know a few Doctors in NY who have opened their eyes  & no longer recommend any vaccines

http://www.drpalevsky.com/ MD (long wait for appointment)

Does that means he has a lot of sick patients?  :P

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #856 on: April 27, 2014, 08:33:46 PM »
Of course it makes sense to skip those vaccines.  :)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2014/04/24/cdc-reports-13-measles-outbreaks-in-the-u-s-most-cases-since-1996/
Send them to:
yes he sees may kids who have been sickened by vaccines . Autism Asthma Arthritis ADD ADHD  that's just the A

Offline jaywhy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 27, 2014, 09:20:56 PM »
Of course it makes sense to skip those vaccines.  :)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2014/04/24/cdc-reports-13-measles-outbreaks-in-the-u-s-most-cases-since-1996/
11 out of 58 infected were fully vaccinated. That ratio is a lot lower than the 97% effective rate claimed by the CDC.
This is an example where you need to use your head. If you are traveling to a 3rd world country like the Philippines, especially when there is an outbreak, the case for vaccines gets a lot stronger.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #858 on: April 27, 2014, 11:34:12 PM »
http://www.childinfo.org/files/immunization_summary_en.pdf
Is it the schedule that "makes problems" or the vaccine? You are looking at the wrong numbers. A much higher percentage in Japan are vaccinated than in Canada notwithstanding the schedule. That is, of course, besides the miniscule sample size of 4 countries. Arvach arva tzarich.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 11:48:15 PM by aygart »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #859 on: April 28, 2014, 07:58:28 AM »
11 out of 58 infected were fully vaccinated. That ratio is a lot lower than the 97% effective rate claimed by the CDC.
This is an example where you need to use your head. If you are traveling to a 3rd world country like the Philippines, especially when there is an outbreak, the case for vaccines gets a lot stronger.
http://www.vosizneias.com/162677/2014/04/27/2317-vaccines-prevent-more-than-700000-child-deaths-in-the-u-s/