Author Topic: best return per $ on cc  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Emily

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
best return per $ on cc
« on: June 06, 2010, 09:38:38 PM »
i need to spend $25,000 on a credit/debit card does anyone have an idea what would be my best deal i was thinking about Citi CashReturns Card that gives 2% back although 2 aa miles per dollar would be worth more to me if anyone has an idea for me i would appreciate 

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: best return per $ on cc
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 09:51:57 PM »
i need to spend $25,000 on a credit/debit card does anyone have an idea what would be my best deal i was thinking about Citi CashReturns Card that gives 2% back although 2 aa miles per dollar would be worth more to me if anyone has an idea for me i would appreciate 
It all depends on how you value your miles. If they are worth more to you then 2 cents use a CC which you earn miles with (Spg gives you 20k:25k transfer into many airlines).
Otherwise get the CashReturns CC.

Offline Emily

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 09:53:38 PM »
Thanks... The store where i'm using the card doesn't accept American Express....

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 10:19:19 PM »
Thanks... The store where i'm using the card doesn't accept American Express....
Ok, spg is no good but the first part still applies. What do you value your miles at?
A simple example, 2% back on $25k is $500. If you use your miles for domestic travel then take the cash and in most instances you'll  walk away with change from buying any domestic ticket. Plus, you earn miles on a paid ticket which is worth money.
On the other hand if your miles are going towards international travel in premium class the miles are going to be worth many times more then 2 cents (2%).
Its really up to the individual to decide.