Topic Wiki

HTs have been last updated on 9/6/23

Q: I had deals posted to the main site, why do I have a zero?

A: It's not updated automatically, post a link to your deal on the forum(*), the DDMS link, and the number HT it should be and Dan will update it.

(*)If your HT is already in the DDMS post there's no need to link to the forum thread.

Hat tips are not awarded for:
-Amazon "Deal of the Day".
-B&H deal zone.
-Discountmags sales
-Credit card deals.
-Deals that are only part of a roundup.
-Deals that were posted as part of a master thread when they belong in a new thread.
-Deals posted in the following boards: SH, GD, TT, TDR, JS, or GFST.
-Deals that are posted with a thread title that doesn't spell out the full deal
-Back in stock/alive again updates within 3 months of the last update
-Deals posted more than 3 months after a forum post
-Updates to old post.
-Recurring sales such as 7/11 slurpee day, Rita's 1st day of spring, Nordstrom Anniversary, half yearly or seasonal sales, Flying Blue Promos, IHG Pointsbreaks, etc

Limit of 1 HT Per DDMS Post Per User.   

HT has always gone to who told me or posted first.
That includes but not limited to DDF, DDMS Comments, Facebook & E-mail.

There is no need to bump a request if it was made after the last updated date in this Wiki.

New Bump Rule: A bump counts if it's been 3 months since last post. Same applies for DDF, if someone posted it within the past 3 months they get the HT.

HT leaderboard Click Here
HT: BAHayman
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57355.0

« Last edited by Dan on September 06, 2023, 05:12:52 PM »

Author Topic: Hat Tip Request Thread (Status for posting deals that are posted to main site)  (Read 972145 times)

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver

Offline bb1836

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 154
    • View Profile
Re: Hat Tip Request Thread (Status for posting deals that are posted to main site)
« Reply #4045 on: February 11, 2019, 09:50:02 PM »
Was the HT count just fully updated? or is it being done in pieces, cuz I believe I'm missing a few, though I could be wrong of course....?
As @davidmal says: "Likes" feed the family

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Hat Tip Request Thread (Status for posting deals that are posted to main site)
« Reply #4046 on: February 11, 2019, 10:11:02 PM »
Was the HT count just fully updated? or is it being done in pieces, cuz I believe I'm missing a few, though I could be wrong of course....?
It's a manual process. Should be correct now.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline bb1836

• View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: February 11, 2019, 10:16:12 PM »
It's a manual process. Should be correct now.
they don't call you Dan the Man for nuttin'

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #4048 on: February 11, 2019, 10:28:50 PM »
Is that how you understand it? I just figured it meant that the system recognizes your name and will automatically give you the HT. As opposed to other posts where it does not have your name?
That still doesn't explain the wiki, it says you need to post the ddms post to claim your HT, now should you be missing the HT on the MS, then you would be required to post the MS and the ddf link.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline bb1836

• View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: February 11, 2019, 11:03:52 PM »
That still doesn't explain the wiki, it says you need to post the ddms post to claim your HT, now should you be missing the HT on the MS, then you would be required to post the MS and the ddf link.
right, but if you're NOT missing the HT on MS then it should be assumed that you don't have to post the claim on this thread and it will get added automatically? CMIIW

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4050 on: February 11, 2019, 11:09:38 PM »
If it's on the MS it will eventually be added when I search for someone's HTs, but you can post here to make sure that it's added.
If the HT is on DDMS then you just need to link to the DDMS post, not the DDF post.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline bb1836

• View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: February 11, 2019, 11:16:48 PM »
If it's on the MS it will eventually be added when I search for someone's HTs, but you can post here to make sure that it's added.
If the HT is on DDMS then you just need to link to the DDMS post, not the DDF post.
But that's the question. if its on DDMS, and you manually go through it when you update the HTs, then why is it necessary to also post on on DDF? isn't it redundant?

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #4052 on: February 11, 2019, 11:22:58 PM »
right, but if you're NOT missing the HT on MS then it should be assumed that you don't have to post the claim on this thread and it will get added automatically? CMIIW
Nope, don't assume. JJ never credits your ht count, only dan seems to have the power.
 And there's no system in place yet to count all your ht from the ms, so until that happens you need to post the ms or the ddf link. And the wiki says the same and so did dan mention that multiple times when he was thinking of adding all these features to the new ddms.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline bb1836

• View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: February 11, 2019, 11:58:29 PM »
Nope, don't assume. JJ never credits your ht count, only dan seems to have the power.
 And there's no system in place yet to count all your ht from the ms, so until that happens you need to post the ms or the ddf link. And the wiki says the same and so did dan mention that multiple times when he was thinking of adding all these features to the new ddms.
well either way ill never know which of my posts counted as a HT and which didn't, always seems hit or miss for me. not complaining of course

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: February 11, 2019, 11:59:56 PM »
Your posts are all counted, as long as the HT is listed on DDMS.

Offline bb1836

• View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: February 12, 2019, 12:01:32 AM »
Your posts are all counted, as long as the HT is listed on DDMS.
well that I know. im talking about the ones not on DDMS, the ones where I think im eligible but I don't know the rules well enough. figured ill just post it on this thread and if it counts it counts, if not, no harm no foul

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: February 12, 2019, 12:02:46 AM »
Always free to bump and ask.

Offline bb1836

• View Profile