Author Topic: Starwood hotel recommendations for kids/family within driving distance from NYC  (Read 6372 times)

Offline greatdeals

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 27
    • View Profile
Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown
is all suites and you can get a suite with 2 double beds and a couch that opens up to a bed

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Back to the original question ... Would anyone recommend any other Starwood hotels, and does anyone have any suggestions to get 3 beds in a room, if they're telling me that they can only add a rollaway to a king room?  If I'm booked two double rooms with C&P, is there any chance I can get upgraded to a Junior Suite at check in with my Gold SPG membership, or by paying?

thx
i'm a little confused do you or do you not have a shabbos issue. bec. u didnt specify in the new question hence
Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown
is all suites and you can get a suite with 2 double beds and a couch that opens up to a bed

Offline milechazzer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
i'm a little confused do you or do you not have a shabbos issue. bec. u didnt specify in the new question hence

Yes, I intend to be there for shabbos. But although some hotels may not be ideal for that, I think there's always some way to work around the doors and sensors issues.

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Yes, I intend to be there for shabbos. But although some hotels may not be ideal for that, I think there's always some way to work around the doors and sensors issues.
so, this is getting a bit tedious calling all the hotels and asking about rooms,doors,sensors etc. :) but, here's part of what i know all the 4 philly downtown hotels (where there seems to be an abundance of shuls nearby) said "we know about all this. we send s/o to open all doors for u" :D. do what u want with this.
Sheraton Parsippany has manual room locks, no sensors, and handicapped entrance is manual unless u press the button. It's about a mile and a half from Congregation Shaya Ahavat Torah hope this helps
others to follow

Offline milechazzer

• View Profile
Thanks for doing all this research. We'll probably go to the Sheraton Society Hill, and I'll report back on our experience for your list.

Offline milechazzer

• View Profile
Moko - I posted my review of the Sheraton Society Hill here: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=944.new#new
Pls let me know if I can provide any more info on the shabbos issues