Author Topic: refused starwood sign up bonus  (Read 10381 times)

Offline Daniel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: refused starwood sign up bonus
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 01:09:51 PM »
Chase usually tracks by mileage number.

Dan, I have to disagree with this one. I once went to try for another checking account in the same calendar year and before the banker got to the screen to enter my OnePass Number, she already told me I wouldn't qualify, just based on my social security number. She even showed me the screen which shows her which bonuses I got and which are pending etc...
I think it's all done by social. Do you have a proof otherwise?

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 08:16:02 PM »
Dan, I have to disagree with this one. I once went to try for another checking account in the same calendar year and before the banker got to the screen to enter my OnePass Number, she already told me I wouldn't qualify, just based on my social security number. She even showed me the screen which shows her which bonuses I got and which are pending etc...
I think it's all done by social. Do you have a proof otherwise?
When you do it in a bank it is defiantly done by ssn. If you open any account in the bank plug in your social and see what accounts you have/had...
We are talking about when you do it on the internet.

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 04:37:28 AM »
When you do it in a bank it is defiantly done by ssn. If you open any account in the bank plug in your social and see what accounts you have/had...
We are talking about when you do it on the internet.

How would Dan know how they track on the internet, he has never done it before until I told him about it a few weeks ago.

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 09:01:14 AM »
oh,
I thought you were talking about chase cc's... got a little lost in the forum
my bad.
sorry

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 03:22:14 PM »
Oh, my mistake I thought Dan was referring to the chase checking bonus - he probably meant the credit card

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 03:25:11 PM »
I recently applied for a 2nd chase co card (first one was years ago) for 35k and gave them the same OnePass number- am I definitely not going to get the miles or is there still a chance?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 12:47:41 AM »
So has anyone had success recently with getting the starwood sign up bonus more than once? Im having a hard time with my second business card. First one has been closed for a year, but i was denied the sign up bonus because of it. I tried calling twice already and was given the same answer...that each primary cardmember can only receive the bonus once...Anyone have luck around this one?

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 07:50:03 AM »
So has anyone had success recently with getting the starwood sign up bonus more than once? Im having a hard time with my second business card. First one has been closed for a year, but i was denied the sign up bonus because of it. I tried calling twice already and was given the same answer...that each primary cardmember can only receive the bonus once...Anyone have luck around this one?
keep calling. At least 10 times. Feign stupid. say you never got it.
Tell s what happens

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2010, 10:23:44 AM »
keep calling. At least 10 times. Feign stupid. say you never got it.
Tell s what happens

Did that work for you?

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2010, 02:35:24 PM »
Did that work for you?
Dan swears by it... thought it is probably like everything else in this forum, that there is another way that they do it but don't want to say. come to think about it. these forums are so pointless because anything that is really good nobody will say for fear of "Stoning" so then what the hell is the point of this forums anyways. "somebody" (no names) gets a really good deal and keep it all to himself. no body want to tell you how they keep churning cards that other ppl call in 200 times about and speak to so many supervisors that they remember you from speaking to you the day before. I personally have not churned this card yet. I got my second personal card and have not received the statement yet. When i receive it if i don't automaticily get the bonus I will try and call in.

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2010, 03:16:27 PM »
Dan swears by it... thought it is probably like everything else in this forum, that there is another way that they do it but don't want to say. come to think about it. these forums are so pointless because anything that is really good nobody will say for fear of "Stoning" so then what the hell is the point of this forums anyways. "somebody" (no names) gets a really good deal and keep it all to himself. no body want to tell you how they keep churning cards that other ppl call in 200 times about and speak to so many supervisors that they remember you from speaking to you the day before. I personally have not churned this card yet. I got my second personal card and have not received the statement yet. When i receive it if i don't automaticily get the bonus I will try and call in.

Please let us know when your statement comes, what happened. Also when you just applied did you leave your spg number empty?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2010, 04:03:29 PM »
come to think about it. these forums are so pointless because anything that is really good nobody will say for fear of "Stoning" so then what the hell is the point of this forums anyways.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out!  ::)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2010, 09:41:35 PM »
Don't let the door hit you on the way out!  ::)
exactly my point!!

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2010, 09:46:30 PM »
Please let us know when your statement comes, what happened. Also when you just applied did you leave your spg number empty?
don't remember if I left it blank or filled it in. I guess I will find out when the statement comes if I have a new number or the old one. I will keep you posted. or maybe I should PM you so nobody else see's... oh ya.. one sec.. everybody (again, no names) already knows what to do just doesn't want to tell anyone else!!! again..  is that fear of stoning I smell...

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 12:02:28 AM »
I spoke to someone from amex last night and he notated my account that i would not be eligible for the promo as i have received it in the past. I called back tonight and was told the same thing. I just spent almost an hour on the phone with amex...spoke to 6 different people after getting transferred around. I even ended up in the department to sign up for the card. Finally got to someone in Membership rewards department and after putting me on hold, he told me that he verified with the correct department that i was eligible for the promo and that i should see the points post within 2 weeks. I will report back if i ever get the points.

Cliff notes: 2nd business amex, will hopefully get the sign up bonus within 2 weeks.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 12:33:18 AM »
I spoke to someone from amex last night and he notated my account that i would not be eligible for the promo as i have received it in the past. I called back tonight and was told the same thing. I just spent almost an hour on the phone with amex...spoke to 6 different people after getting transferred around. I even ended up in the department to sign up for the card. Finally got to someone in Membership rewards department and after putting me on hold, he told me that he verified with the correct department that i was eligible for the promo and that i should see the points post within 2 weeks. I will report back if i ever get the points.

Cliff notes: 2nd business amex, will hopefully get the sign up bonus within 2 weeks.
Nicely done!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2010, 08:44:24 AM »

plz post what happenens

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 11:57:04 AM »
I have not received the statement yet but it feels like a long time. so I called amex and asked them my starwood # that they were sending the points to and how much they sent. The number was not the same as my old number. They had reported 10,018 points...!!!  I called SPG and had them merge the two accounts.
Again the story is. I had an amex starwood since aug of 2007. I revently applied for a new one and got it. I had two consumer cards at the same time. The new points were transferred into a new account.

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 11:59:29 AM »
I have not received the statement yet but it feels like a long time. so I called amex and asked them my starwood # that they were sending the points to and how much they sent. The number was not the same as my old number. They had reported 10,018 points...!!!  I called SPG and had them merge the two accounts.
Again the story is. I had an amex starwood since aug of 2007. I revently applied for a new one and got it. I had two consumer cards at the same time. The new points were transferred into a new account.
UPDATE:
somehow I got 20,000 bonus points!!
Look at this
Earn     +21414     02/12/2010      MERGED ACCOUNT

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2010, 12:00:38 PM »
UPDATE:
somehow I got 20,000 bonus points!!
Look at this
Earn     +21414     02/12/2010      MERGED ACCOUNT

I just  realized what probably happened. When I signed up for the second personal about a month ago I also signed up for a business the same day, They probably report to the same spg number that was generated...