Author Topic: Continental Mastercards Now Have Primary CDW Coverage!  (Read 8118 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Continental Mastercards Now Have Primary CDW Coverage!
« on: June 07, 2010, 02:25:26 PM »
Effective 06/01 the Chase Continental OnePass Plus Mastercard (Formerly marketed as the Continental World Mastercard) and the Chase Continental Presidential Plus Mastercard have primary CDW coverage.

This means that even if you have your own auto insurance you do not have to make the claim through your personal insurance.
Almost every other credit card only offers secondary insurance (with the exception of Diners Club and the premium AMEX CDW insurance) meaning that you must first file a claim with your own personal auto insurance before being able to make a claim from the credit card.

Nice move!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:15:30 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Continental Mastercards Now Have Primary CDW Coverage!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 02:52:52 PM »
 but now if it isnt a World MC it probably wont cover CDW in Israel,(havent called up about it since my next rental wont be till after my Anual fee is due and I wont be paying that).

But anyone planning on using it to cover the CDW in Israel you better call and confirm it before showing up and since this is brand new Id say get them to email you something if they say you would be covered. AFAIK they will accept either a WMC or a MC Biz CC anything else your are best bringing written proof otherwise be preparred to buy the CDW they are trying to sell

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 02:58:55 PM »
Are you sure that neither card is a World Mastercard anymore?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 03:07:41 PM »
Are you sure that neither card is a World Mastercard anymore?

nope thats why I suggested that a person who plans to use it in Israel call 1st least they find out the hard way, I dont know if the Biz MC was a World CC or not But it does cover the CDW, could be this new card will also but as I suggested a person shouldnt wait till they get over there to find out

Also in the booklet they sent us not once does the world "Wotld MC" appear

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 03:27:55 PM »
 on with MC now ,seems Chase has changed the company handling the Ins for them at least with this CO CC

still waiting for the call to go thru via MC ASSIST , looks like CS is gonna be a problem with this new CC. since MC ASSIST told me they dont have the info and they must speak to a different company about it

UNFORTUNATELY  my intution was Correct. It is no Longer a World MC and CDW in Israel is 1 of 3 Countries which wont be covered!!!

32 mins to get that answer Great CS

Anyone going to Israel and renting a car better get a World MC if they want to save from having to pay the CDW, I dont suggest anyone show up and use their Chase CO CC which says World simply if theres any damage and the rental company isnt paid when they submit the bills they will come acallin back to you and simply charge the CO WMC that you used to rent the car for the cost of the repairs and Disputing it wont help you since youd be fighting MC itself the ones that are suppose to stand up for you
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 03:45:28 PM by steve2 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 05:47:52 PM »
on with MC now ,seems Chase has changed the company handling the Ins for them at least with this CO CC

still waiting for the call to go thru via MC ASSIST , looks like CS is gonna be a problem with this new CC. since MC ASSIST told me they dont have the info and they must speak to a different company about it

UNFORTUNATELY  my intution was Correct. It is no Longer a World MC and CDW in Israel is 1 of 3 Countries which wont be covered!!!

32 mins to get that answer Great CS

Anyone going to Israel and renting a car better get a World MC if they want to save from having to pay the CDW, I dont suggest anyone show up and use their Chase CO CC which says World simply if theres any damage and the rental company isnt paid when they submit the bills they will come acallin back to you and simply charge the CO WMC that you used to rent the car for the cost of the repairs and Disputing it wont help you since youd be fighting MC itself the ones that are suppose to stand up for you
Wow, that's not good for Israel.  Didn't realize it would no longer a World MC.

Still a net positive though to have primary coverage everywhere besides Israel though.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 06:07:21 PM »

Still a net positive though to have primary coverage everywhere besides Israel though.

thats only if the card holder owns a car. since I dont own a car (somebody else is the owner and I borrow the car when I need to) then no matter what CC I use its Primary :-)

another way around it is a friend owns 2 cars and lets his wife drive 1 when she needs to. When they rent a car she is the renter and he is the 2nd driver, thusly she has Primary coverage all the time even if he was driving at the time, since he was the Renter she was

but this is for the time being since we have no idea what will be once CO & UA merge and which cards will remain and which will bite the dust

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 10:07:53 PM »
I just got the UPS package with into on the Presidential Plus card.
It indicates that it will be a World Elite Mastercard, which should have coverage for Israel just like the lower tier World Mastercard.

If I had to take a guess it would seem that your agent was wrong.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 10:37:49 PM »
I just got the UPS package with into on the Presidential Plus card.
It indicates that it will be a World Elite Mastercard, which should have coverage for Israel just like the lower tier World Mastercard.

If I had to take a guess it would seem that your agent was wrong.

Nope I was told Correctly no longer coverage for CDW in Ireland,N Ireland,Jamica or Israel asked another agent just now

For the heck of it I asked about the PP CC and she put me on hold and told me ALL Chases CO CCs have been turned over to her dept and NOT 1 of them will cover me in any of those 4 Countries, as they dont use the same Ins company any longer !!

here have Fun 1-800-419-8027 CS for Chase CO Enhancement Benefits Dept that will for here on in handle all the Benefits for ALL of Chases CO CCs

CITI has a few WMC that have no annual fee but the earnings arent great eg the AA Bronze WMC $2 per 1 mile, so get it and use it only for the Israeli car rentals you'll earn a few miles while saving some $$ hey its better then paying the extra for the CDW that also usually comes with a Deductable to it, and at the same time it will keep a persons acct  with activity so they dont lose their miles

Dan if you get different feedback and there is Coverage Please post the info

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 11:06:41 PM by steve2 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 11:19:37 PM »
Just called also, they said that it is still going to be a World Mastercard but it doesn't cover Israel, Ireland, or Jamaica as of 06/01.

This is because Chase is no longer providing the coverage through Mastercard, they are now doing it through another contractor.

Afaik, the CO World mastercard is the only World mastercard not to cover Israel.  It is also the only World mastercard to give primary CDW  coverage elsewhere

Offline Cholentfresser

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 03:10:20 PM »
i signed up for the card and i got a letter in the mail saying that they need me to verify my address by sending in a utility bill. has this happened to anyone else?
In order to understand recursion, you first need to understand recursion.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »
i signed up for the card and i got a letter in the mail saying that they need me to verify my address by sending in a utility bill. has this happened to anyone else?
Are you not able to do that?

Offline Cholentfresser

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 03:18:19 PM »
no, bc i don't own my home (i''m a bochur...)
In order to understand recursion, you first need to understand recursion.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 03:30:02 PM »
no, bc i don't own my home (i''m a bochur...)
So ask them if you can send in your parents.

Offline shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 05:58:46 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read through the coverage and there is no exclusion for tire and windshield damage like I've seen on other cards, so that's an additional benefit. I really like the primary coverage, who wants to hassle with their own insurance on a rental? With your own car you could live with some minor damage and not report it, but with a rental you either pay it or have your insurance cover it.

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 03:10:09 PM »
I'm renting right now in Israel on a Chase CO MC World Business Card and MC Assist sent me a letter stating that they I am covered....the rate was only 89 shekel a day for a Hyundai Accent.....

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 03:22:09 PM »
I'm renting right now in Israel on a Chase CO MC World Business Card and MC Assist sent me a letter stating that they I am covered....the rate was only 89 shekel a day for a Hyundai Accent.....
Including the mandatory insurance?

Offline MnM1130

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 03:31:09 PM »
who did you rent through? and is this only through the business card? or also the personal card? or am i asking questions you prob cant answer..

Offline how

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 03:35:54 PM »
I find that hard to believe. will a letter help you if you need to make a claim if mc assist  is not in charge of your card??? I confirmed many times on the phones and I was sent letters that this card no longer covers Israel. they even gave me 2500 co miles as compensation for no longer covering israel

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 03:41:41 PM »
AFAIK:
The CO business card does cover Israel, but does not offer primary insurance.
The CO consumer card does not cover Israel, but offers primary insurance elsewhere.