Author Topic: Minivan Rental at FLL  (Read 4815 times)

Offline md

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Minivan Rental at FLL
« on: June 07, 2010, 02:41:51 PM »
Anyone have any ideas on getting an affordable minivan at FLL, June 20-27. The cheapest I could find is over $400. I've been trying Priceline, so far I'm up to $19 per day (totaling around $225) but havent won.
Thanks

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Minivan Rental at FLL
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 02:45:52 PM »
Anyone have any ideas on getting an affordable minivan at FLL, June 20-27. The cheapest I could find is over $400. I've been trying Priceline, so far I'm up to $19 per day (totaling around $225) but havent won.
Thanks
try autoslash.com
They are a new site that is supposed to try your query with all publicly avail coupon codes. I dont know how effective they are but its worth a shot.

Offline md

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 03:00:37 PM »
try autoslash.com
They are a new site that is supposed to try your query with all publicly avail coupon codes. I dont know how effective they are but its worth a shot.
The best they have is $450. Thanks though.

Offline jack12

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 11:50:50 PM »
There is a frum guy who rents cars in miami beach. If he has something available, it might be worth it to take a cab to his place. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't charge for shabbos. Its called 770 rent a car and the # is - 954-301-1770

Offline autoslash

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
    • AutoSlash.com
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 12:20:10 AM »
Hi md,

Jonathan here from Autoslash.com.  I'm sorry you weren't able to find a better rate on AutoSlash.  There is a lack of availability of SUV's at the airport in FLL, hence the higher rates.  I did however find a rate from Thrifty at a location only 2 miles outside the airport for $288.  If you'd like to book this rate, just email me at jonathan<at>autoslash.com and I can help you out.

Jonathan

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 12:31:50 AM »
Hi md,

Jonathan here from Autoslash.com.  I'm sorry you weren't able to find a better rate on AutoSlash.  There is a lack of availability of SUV's at the airport in FLL, hence the higher rates.  I did however find a rate from Thrifty at a location only 2 miles outside the airport for $288.  If you'd like to book this rate, just email me at jonathan<at>autoslash.com and I can help you out.

Jonathan

whats the big deal, anyone can get that via thrifty.com for that rate using AX10 (paying with an AMEX CC) and putting in fl9 for the off airport code for that location

Now thrifty.com says it comes with 1050 miles over that theres a charge does yours come Unlimited if not why didnt U disclose that to md? its .25 per mile over 1050 , I didnt run the other usual codes that take 10% off

md if you go with Thrifty U are alowed to return the car/van to the airport w/o any drop fees. so its only a cab to the place. leave everyone and all bags at the airport and go to get the van and then go pick everyone up as the taxis will charge for the bags. and wear a baseball cap so the cabbie doesnt curse us out since they HATE short rides even thou they are allowed to jump to the front of the line when they get back.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 12:42:08 AM by steve2 »

Offline plane.love

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 01:08:19 AM »
wow..look what google alerts can do...

Offline md

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 08:44:38 AM »
Hi md,

Jonathan here from Autoslash.com.  I'm sorry you weren't able to find a better rate on AutoSlash.  There is a lack of availability of SUV's at the airport in FLL, hence the higher rates.  I did however find a rate from Thrifty at a location only 2 miles outside the airport for $288.  If you'd like to book this rate, just email me at jonathan<at>autoslash.com and I can help you out.

Jonathan
Thank you, however since I'm traveling with the wife & kids, I really would like to rent at an airport location.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 10:09:20 AM »
Thank you, however since I'm traveling with the wife & kids, I really would like to rent at an airport location.

????

youd rather schelp all your bags onto the shuttle bus at FLL (unless you arrive at Term1 in which case you must use a cart as there isnt a shuttle bus so you go up the elevator walk across the skybridge then elevator down then ...). Or leave everyone at the Term grab a cab for a 5-10 min ride and save $200 , and youd rather pay an extra $200 ???

now if you plan on driving more then 1050 miles and its Unlimited miles from the airport thats something else as long, but bear in mind that @ .25 per mile over 1050 800 miles = $200 so depending on how many miles over 1050 you think youd drive it still may pay to go with Thrifty off airport

I usually rent from this Thrifty off-airport just that I jump on a Hotel shuttle and then call them to pick me up at that hotel to save the cab fare, I do NOT suggest that for you since it will take more time and I wouldnt do it if I was leaving the rest of my family behind.

Offline jack12

• View Profile
  • Programs: National Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 03:32:19 PM »
wow..look what google alerts can do...

:)

Offline md

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 03:36:42 PM »
????

youd rather schelp all your bags onto the shuttle bus at FLL (unless you arrive at Term1 in which case you must use a cart as there isnt a shuttle bus so you go up the elevator walk across the skybridge then elevator down then ...). Or leave everyone at the Term grab a cab for a 5-10 min ride and save $200 , and youd rather pay an extra $200 ???

now if you plan on driving more then 1050 miles and its Unlimited miles from the airport thats something else as long, but bear in mind that @ .25 per mile over 1050 800 miles = $200 so depending on how many miles over 1050 you think youd drive it still may pay to go with Thrifty off airport

I usually rent from this Thrifty off-airport just that I jump on a Hotel shuttle and then call them to pick me up at that hotel to save the cab fare, I do NOT suggest that for you since it will take more time and I wouldnt do it if I was leaving the rest of my family behind.
I'd like to continue trying my luck with Priceline, worse case I come back to the Thrifty option. As far as the shuttle goes, I always have the option of taking the shuttle alone & coming back for the family.

Offline jack12

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 03:42:28 PM »
I'd like to continue trying my luck with Priceline, worse case I come back to the Thrifty option. As far as the shuttle goes, I always have the option of taking the shuttle alone & coming back for the family.

Did you try the frum rental company?

Offline md

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 04:57:52 PM »
Which company is that? Are they at the Airport?

Offline jack12

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 07:49:55 PM »
Which company is that? Are they at the Airport?

See my post above

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 09:04:57 AM »

?? why would he rent from a guy in MB when hes flying into FLL, its an hours drive to MB

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 09:09:20 AM »

If U dont at least reserve it now with Thrifty you might not get it, It doesnt cost anything to reserve it and CX it

BTW I wouldnt be counting on PL Especially at the very low rates you are bidding for, youre bidding 1/4 what they want, since most companies it seems are out of them very small chance youd get it. Nust be a good raeson why a Full size car is under $150 while a Mini is $550 which is $80 a day and you expect to get it for $19 a day??

Offline jack12

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 10:13:53 AM »
?? why would he rent from a guy in MB when hes flying into FLL, its an hours drive to MB

Its less then an hour - I've done the drive many times. If the guy in MB is cheaper and in addition doesn't charge for shabbos, it may come out to significant savings and be worth it. Maybe the guy would even be willing to drive the car to FLL for them

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 10:30:50 AM »
Its less then an hour - I've done the drive many times. If the guy in MB is cheaper and in addition doesn't charge for shabbos, it may come out to significant savings and be worth it. Maybe the guy would even be willing to drive the car to FLL for them

give me a brake the OP didnt even want to leave his family for 1/2 hr when he went by cab 10 mins to the Thrifty off airport (1 mile or so ) U expect him to take a cab for an hours ride get the car and drive back to FLL to pick up his family, OK maybe its me but I dont think so!

I dont even think it would be worth my time w/o a family in tow to cab to and then back from MB has to be close to $75 so thats $150 lets even say $100 , if Thrifty off wants $288 then this guy will have to be close to $100 for the whole week to even make it worth thinking about, and I highly doubt hes even below $200