Author Topic: Landline service  (Read 5979 times)

Offline Wolf

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Landline service
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 12:53:43 AM »

B) In a hurricane or blackout etc, in certain situations when one goes down, not necessarily does the other..., tell me there's no difference.
what makes you think that the internet power will go first? Maybe there's a bigger chance verizon lines will go down then optimum?
One thing is for sure, if the power goes off anywhere they usually will work very hard to get you back in service within hours or days, but if verizon goes down????? Good luck on that one, you can wait weeks or months, my mother was just recently without a phone for three weeks because they couldn't somehow figure out what the problem is.

Offline Galitzyaner

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Landline service
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 12:58:40 AM »
what makes you think that the internet power will go first? Maybe there's a bigger chance verizon lines will go down then optimum?
One thing is for sure, if the power goes off anywhere they usually will work very hard to get you back in service within hours or days, but if verizon goes down????? Good luck on that one, you can wait weeks or months, my mother was just recently without a phone for three weeks because they couldn't somehow figure out what the problem is.
You  misquoted me, I never wrote as you say that "the internet power will go first".  What I did write is
B) In a hurricane or blackout etc, in certain situations when one goes down, not necessarily does the other..., tell me there's no difference.

Offline mordy44

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Landline service
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 10:30:36 PM »
Hi,

I recently moved to an area in Far Rockaway that has very poor Sprint service in my apartment. I know nothing about landline, but i am hoping someone can give me a quick rundown and inform me of the best deal out there. Currently, I am a TimeWarnerCable (internet service) customer.

Thanks. I think I recall Dan posting about a few amazing deals in the past.

Offline nutcase

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 12:03:20 AM »
straighttalk home connect is an option for those without internet inital cost of $99 then $15 a month
if you have internet I would suggest ooma over obi any day.....

Offline real-brisker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 12:11:15 AM »
Get sprint to send you an airave, and plug it onto your router (when you get interent service).

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 06:38:41 AM »
Switch to Verizon.
You shouldn't have a problem to terminate your Sprint contract if you can prove that you moved.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Online joe1234

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2020, 01:40:01 PM »
straighttalk home connect is an option for those without internet inital cost of $99 then $15 a month
if you have internet I would suggest ooma over obi any day.....
got an email from straight talk
Every year, networks continue to evolve. Advances in technology have paved the way for new standards, like Voice Over LTE (VoLTE), which gives you an improved and faster call connection.
Your home phone associated with ******** wasn’t built to be compatible with these network changes and will lose Service soon.
We love having you as a customer and want to make sure that you continue to receive the best service available with Straight Talk. Please visit our website to replace your home phone.
does that mean i need to replace my base station to this- https://shop.straighttalk.com/shop/en/straighttalk/phones/st-zte-home-phone-z723c#top ?

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2022, 04:13:14 PM »
Any current ideas for a home phone without internet? That straight talk device is now 30 per month?

Online zh cohen

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2022, 08:18:42 PM »
Any current ideas for a home phone without internet? That straight talk device is now 30 per month?

I saw a couple of cordless systems that also connect to a cell phone via Bluetooth. So you.can get any cell phone and link it.