Author Topic: New SPG Promo  (Read 6101 times)

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
New SPG Promo
« on: July 12, 2010, 10:44:17 PM »
Spg promo
Enter your spg number to see which promos you're eligible for.
I got the option of the following, for 5 stays thru 31 December:
•4,000 bonus Starpoints With Free Night Awards starting at 2,000 Starpoints at Category 1 properties, you'll already have enough for a night away.
•$50 Award Certificate Redeem for on-property indulgences during your next stay, including spa treatments, room service and more. An earned Award Certificate will be mailed 4–6 weeks after fifth eligible stay to the shipping address we have on file in your SPG profile.
•Get away sooner using fewer Starpoints. Take 25% off a Free Night Award redemption
of up to five nights at any Category 1–5 property. Redemption must be used by 7/31/11.

Please post back if you get anything different.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: New SPG Promo
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 10:53:04 PM »
Looks to be the same on my family's accounts.
It's an OK promo, nothing terribly exciting.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 11:14:13 PM »
 As I posted on FT, its alot of Hot Air and nothing special.

In most cases its best to take the 4k in pts which works out to an extra 800 pts per stay.

The 25% off doesnt work on Upgraded rooms ahead of time, a Cat4 is 10k per night and an extra 1k for an Upgraded room so a 5 night stay = 55k but according to the T&Cs no 25% off the 55k and its questionable right now if its even 25% off the 50k for 5 nights if you already Upgarded. also witha Cat4 its stay 4 the 5th is free so 5 nights is 40k , but the promo doesnt work on that either , so its 50k - 25% = 37,500. Now if U chose the 4k in pts it would be 40k for 5 nights (4 gets 5th free) - 4k = 36k 150 pts less then if you went with 25% off

So its very possible that the 25% off will cost you more pts then if you chose the 4k in pts. But not in every circumstance = you must 1st Crunch teh #s for where you wills aty and see whats best.

BTW once you chose 1 of the 3 you are stuck with that, also its a max of 5 nights up to a Cat5 and you Must call up to make the res no OnLine bookings allowed.

Now its better then nothing and it works out for me in that I already had 2 stays in July (retroactive credit for this).And all I need is another 3 stays and at the same time I need another 3 stays for another free night.

If anyone isnt in the same sit, its best to do 6 stays by 7/31 as youd get both 2 free weekend nights and whatever you want from this new gift promo
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:17:20 PM by steve2 »

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 03:05:33 AM »
Hey Steve2, what do you charge for math lessons?

Is making you eligible for a promo you weren't aware/approved of, okay as payment?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 09:12:21 AM »
Hey Steve2, what do you charge for math lessons?

Is making you eligible for a promo you weren't aware/approved of, okay as payment?

U still owe me something already,Remember

BTW its best to see this NOT as a promo but as a gift. Which to an extent it is since theres the 3Q promo running anyway and this is good till 12/31 unless they KO it before that

Offline steve2

• View Profile
HOT off the Press!!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 12:33:30 PM »
 SPG has had a change of heart and now will allow a person to cash in for a 4 night stay and get the 5th night free as well as apply the 25% off to that total.

so where previously if aperson did this it meant using 1000 pts more then if they chose the 4k in pts , now a 5 night stay at a  Cat5 will cost a net net 36k if you chose the 25% off part of the offer. Same with a Cat4 now it will be 30k for 5 nights

and they took it 1 step further by allowing anyone who chose the 4k based on NOT being to do the Pay 4 get the 5th free, to contact either Lurker on FT and have it changed to the 25% off offer, even thou it was make a choice and No Changes

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14292247-post277.html
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:40:29 PM by steve2 »

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 03:27:45 PM »
if i understand this promo correctly, i must have five paid stays until im eligible to receive this offer correct? which probably means if im using c+p this promo will not effect me

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 03:29:37 PM »
if i understand this promo correctly, i must have five paid stays until im eligible to receive this offer correct? which probably means if im using c+p this promo will not effect me

Correct you need 5 stays that you earn a stay credit for between 7/1 and 12/31