Author Topic: Free bags with bmi elite silver  (Read 8342 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Free bags with bmi elite silver
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 12:37:14 PM »
For CO you can checkin online, enter your BMI number and select how many bags you want.
After completing the checkin go back to the online checkin an switch to your CO/UA/A3/etc number.  You'll still get your free bags.

You can also easily do all that at the kiosks in the airport.  Waiting until the gate is riskier, lest you get a GA who has no time to do the switch.  But that may be the only way to get an EUA/battlefield and still switch your number.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 04:29:36 PM »
sometimes you can retrocredit to united afterwards...

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 04:43:51 PM »
For CO you can checkin online, enter your BMI number and select how many bags you want.
After completing the checkin go back to the online checkin an switch to your CO/UA/A3/etc number.  You'll still get your free bags.

You can also easily do all that at the kiosks in the airport.  Waiting until the gate is riskier, lest you get a GA who has no time to do the switch.  But that may be the only way to get an EUA/battlefield and still switch your number.

as soon as you are done with your check-in, you just say to the guy/lady at the counter, hey, I forgot something, I'd rather collect on this card.

No problem whatsoever.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 07:37:16 PM »
as soon as you are done with your check-in, you just say to the guy/lady at the counter, hey, I forgot something, I'd rather collect on this card.

No problem whatsoever.
I find it easier to just use the CO kiosk to change the number, but to each their own.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline isac

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 01:49:11 PM »
I got lucky on a air canada flight to israel,they allowed me and my wife 4 pieces at 70 pounds each.(Only I have bmi silver,not my wife :)

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2010, 01:50:36 PM »
I got lucky on a air canada flight to israel,they allowed me and my wife 4 pieces at 70 pounds each.(Only I have bmi silver,not my wife :)

As long as you are on the same itinerary, everyone should get free bags

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2010, 03:46:16 PM »
What is the official international allowance for Star alliance silver? Is it higher than the regular 2 bags allowance?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2010, 03:53:32 PM »
What is the official international allowance for Star alliance silver? Is it higher than the regular 2 bags allowance?
Every carrier has their own policy.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2010, 04:01:03 PM »
Every carrier has their own policy.

do you know of any carrier that will allow  3 bags ? I know that some Carriers will allow extra weight to the 2 bgs to 32k each instead of 23k, but dont know any to allow an extra bag and thats for a *G forget about a *S. (not saying there arent any I just dont of any). BTW Im talking where you arent flying on the carrier that a person earned *G/*S on

for sure Swiss allows *G 32k but no 3rd bag free

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2010, 04:10:18 PM »
do you know of any carrier that will allow  3 bags ? I know that some Carriers will allow extra weight to the 2 bgs to 32k each instead of 23k, but dont know any to allow an extra bag and thats for a *G forget about a *S. (not saying there arent any I just dont of any). BTW Im talking where you arent flying on the carrier that a person earned *G/*S on

for sure Swiss allows *G 32k but no 3rd bag free
Swiss *G in Y flying from the western hemisphere gets 3 bags of 23kgs each.
Swiss *G in Y flying within the eastern hemisphere get unlimited bags with an aggregate total weight of 40kgs.

On many airlines *S gets you no additional baggage.  Exceptions that I know of are AC, CO, UA, and US.  There are probably others, but those are the ones I know of.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2010, 04:21:45 PM »

Swiss *G in Y flying from the western hemisphere gets 3 bags of 23kgs each.

I was told by 3 different agents who each put in my UA# that as a *G Im allowed 2 bags only but at 32k each, all were at the Swiss 800# for a JFKZRH-TLV routing

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2010, 04:25:23 PM »
I was told by 3 different agents who each put in my UA# that as a *G Im allowed 2 bags only but at 32k each, all were at the Swiss 800# for a JFKZRH-TLV routing
What can I tell ya, they're wrong.
But at least email them and you'll get it in writing.

Miles and More across the board *G policy is for 1 extra bag on piece at the same weight on piece concept flights and 20 extra kgs for weight concept flights.  Feel free to verify on FT with more knowledgeable M&M FF'ers.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2010, 05:35:33 PM »
What can I tell ya, they're wrong.
But at least email them and you'll get it in writing.

Miles and More across the board *G policy is for 1 extra bag on piece at the same weight on piece concept flights and 20 extra kgs for weight concept flights.  Feel free to verify on FT with more knowledgeable M&M FF'ers.

after spending sometime Searching I found this on M&M  http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/us/info_and_services/baggage?nodeid=2892307&l=en&cid=1000390&blt_p=US&blt_l=en&blt_t=Info_and_Services>Baggage&blt_e=Content&blt_n=Additional%20free%20baggage%20allowa&blt_z=Free%20baggage%20allowance%20for%20Mil&blt_c=US%7Cen%7CInfo_and_Services%3EBaggage%7CContent%7CAdditional%20free%20baggage%20allowa%7CFree%20baggage%20allowance%20for%20Mil

and it does say what you did , I would have preferred 2 x 32 rather then 3 @ 23. Will probably take my chances with 2 @ whatever and hope for the best . I will be OK with 1 @ 50 the problem will be the 2nd one.

Maybe CO will open up in the end , not counting on it this year

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2010, 07:12:50 PM »
after spending sometime Searching I found this on M&M  http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/us/info_and_services/baggage?nodeid=2892307&l=en&cid=1000390&blt_p=US&blt_l=en&blt_t=Info_and_Services>Baggage&blt_e=Content&blt_n=Additional%20free%20baggage%20allowa&blt_z=Free%20baggage%20allowance%20for%20Mil&blt_c=US%7Cen%7CInfo_and_Services%3EBaggage%7CContent%7CAdditional%20free%20baggage%20allowa%7CFree%20baggage%20allowance%20for%20Mil

and it does say what you did , I would have preferred 2 x 32 rather then 3 @ 23. Will probably take my chances with 2 @ whatever and hope for the best . I will be OK with 1 @ 50 the problem will be the 2nd one.

Maybe CO will open up in the end , not counting on it this year
It's $150 for overweight bags on Swiss from the US-TLV.

Offline chuchem

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2010, 07:19:39 PM »
Ok, i think i should be quite a expert on swiss flights
From the usa you get one extra piece. So if you fly economy its 3x23 if you fly business its 3x32
I have flown jfkzrh alot of time with *g and even through they were always 32 kg, they never charged me in economy. So u can try your luck

As a rule any *g will give you a extra piece of luggage by piece concept flights. Its an official agreed on benefit by all * partners

I dont care what the agents told u, They were wrong

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2010, 07:22:22 PM »
It's $150 for overweight bags on Swiss from the US-TLV.

well its really $300 as I have to bring the stuff back with me

just 3 bags and 1 carry-on is too much for me to handle, no way can do. I can take a cab instead of parking for free by JFK but that will cost almost as much as the bag will and when returning who knows how long I'll have to wait (car service not yellows)

hate to say it Im beginging to miss CO and UA

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2010, 07:33:11 PM »
well its really $300 as I have to bring the stuff back with me

just 3 bags and 1 carry-on is too much for me to handle, no way can do. I can take a cab instead of parking for free by JFK but that will cost almost as much as the bag will and when returning who knows how long I'll have to wait (car service not yellows)

hate to say it Im beginging to miss CO and UA

Solution that I've used in the same scenario:
Bring 2 good big suitcases and 1 "foldable" suitcase.  Pack all your things in the 2.  If the agent lets 32kgs go by then you're fine. If not bring out the 3rd "foldable" suitcase and load it with the 9 kgs.  When you get to TLV put the stuff back into the big suitcases.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2010, 07:41:46 PM »
Solution that I've used in the same scenario:
Bring 2 good big suitcases and 1 "foldable" suitcase.  Pack all your things in the 2.  If the agent lets 32kgs go by then you're fine. If not bring out the 3rd "foldable" suitcase and load it with the 9 kgs.  When you get to TLV put the stuff back into the big suitcases.

yep duffle bag w/o wheels, then at BG just put it back into 2 again.

Checked both CO & UA nothing to ZRH that would work. CO can do me EWR-CPH-ZRH and then the night flight into TLV , wouldnt mind spending anotehr day in CPH but dont want the night flight into TLV erev YT. But then a 752 Id rather play with Swiss

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2010, 07:43:03 PM »
yep duffle bag w/o wheels, then at BG just put it back into 2 again.

Checked both CO & UA nothing to ZRH that would work. CO can do me EWR-CPH-ZRH and then the night flight into TLV , wouldnt mind spending anotehr day in CPH but dont want the night flight into TLV erev YT. But then a 752 Id rather play with Swiss
What day are you flying?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2010, 07:49:02 PM »
What day are you flying?

9/20 Mon after YK

Im more worried about the Israelis not letting get away with it then the agents @ JFK

boutthe only thing going for me is I have the exit Row which I was told they dont give out but was able to get it as a UA 1K, so since I have it on all 4 legs I thought theyd believe me when I told them I asked and was told 70lbs 2 bags. @ JFK Id think theyd let me go its the Israelis that wont move an inch,a nd its TLV that has not tagged my bags all the way thru as well