Author Topic: What should I ask LY reps during mtg?  (Read 6784 times)

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
Re: What should I ask LY reps during mtg?
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 01:10:50 PM »

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 03:47:17 PM »
As of now, I'm going to question them about why AA appears to have problems booking their flights.

Any update on this one?
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 04:39:34 PM »
Any update on this one?
Just returned. The Matmid lady seem surprised about this and told me she would look into this.
But from her reaction, it doesn't appear that it's anything purposeful. She thought it was on their end.

@Chaikel
Am I mistaken in this?

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 05:14:10 PM »
Just returned. The Matmid lady seem surprised about this and told me she would look into this.
But from her reaction, it doesn't appear that it's anything purposeful. She thought it was on their end.

@Chaikel
Am I mistaken in this?
My impression as well. I have to say, after the impression I got from the UA MP reps sent to the *DO I was expecting someone who knew less about the program than I did, but she really seemed to know it in and out. I thought I'd have to show her screens on the site (ie that officially you can book AA flights with Matmid), but she knew it off the cuff.

As she was leaving, I said "I don't know if you guys are aware, but FF programs are the most profitable part of almost any airline". She said Elal had come to that realization a few years ago, and they are working hard to take advantage of it. In fact after that I kinda got the impression that the entire reason LY sent people was to get input from flyers how to fine tune their program so they can turn it more profitable.
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 05:20:18 PM »
after the impression I got from the UA MP reps sent to the *DO
Huh? Many of the the UA reps I talked to knew everything backwards and forwards.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 05:23:44 PM »
Huh? Many of the the UA reps I talked to knew everything backwards and forwards.
What about the Indians?
I wasn't there, so I have no clue, but there were things I read here and on the blogs that made me go ???

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 05:28:30 PM »
What about the Indians?
I wasn't there, so I have no clue, but there were things I read here and on the blogs that made me go ???
As I said, many ;)

Specifically I was impressed with the PMCO guys.  PMUA folks seemed to be brought over from their old Indian call center.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 05:50:51 PM »
As I said, many ;)

Specifically I was impressed with the PMCO guys.  PMUA folks seemed to be brought over from their old Indian call center.
Well I half expected LY to send someone from their Indian call center (well damax predicted that they don't show, so same thing)

Offline smart brit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 06:19:49 PM »
Did they respond about cs?

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 01:46:44 AM »
Why won't they allow F awards for AAdvantage miles?

When will true lie-flat seats come to LY.  All of their North America competitors offer that in J.

Why charge YQ to North America when UA/US do not.  It causes Americans to ignore Matmid while UA and US make billions off their frequent flyer programs without the need for offputting YQ.

Will LY add MIA, ORD, or SFO before AA/US and UA add them or wait until afterward?
1) She thought this was AA's decision, and not LY's. She didn't give me a reason though.
2) Couldn't ask since the lady left before I had the chance.
3) She didn't have a good answer. She did mention that their non-US competitors all charge YQ. I told her that they could charge it on certain routes, but remove it from the US routes in order to be more competitive, but she didn't seem to care all that much. She said that plenty of ppl use their matmid points to redeem flights to/from the US. Either way, I don't see any changes.
4) She left b/f I could ask.

I also asked if they release a maximum # of seats for partner redemptions. She said that whatever they release to their own members, AA has access to. (I don't believe this from experience.)

We discussed them upping the baggage allowance to 2 bags to differentiate themselves, but she was proud of the fact that they allow using matmid points to buy extra luggage allowance. But it didn't seem like there were too many ppl redeeming for this.

She did stress that they'll be making some beneficial changes to the matmid program in the next few months.

W/ regards to customer service, the man I spoke to seemed confident about their ability to handle complaints in a timely fashion. It seems though that their twitter team is different than the team that handles emails. I'd recommend following up any emailed complaints w/ twitter messages to both their US and Israeli handles which are also handled by separate teams.

Offline satturn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Kotel Security Pass
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 02:55:30 AM »
1) She thought this was AA's decision, and not LY's. She didn't give me a reason though.
2) Couldn't ask since the lady left before I had the chance.
3) She didn't have a good answer. She did mention that their non-US competitors all charge YQ. I told her that they could charge it on certain routes, but remove it from the US routes in order to be more competitive, but she didn't seem to care all that much. She said that plenty of ppl use their matmid points to redeem flights to/from the US. Either way, I don't see any changes.
4) She left b/f I could ask.

I also asked if they release a maximum # of seats for partner redemptions. She said that whatever they release to their own members, AA has access to. (I don't believe this from experience.)

We discussed them upping the baggage allowance to 2 bags to differentiate themselves, but she was proud of the fact that they allow using matmid points to buy extra luggage allowance. But it didn't seem like there were too many ppl redeeming for this.

She did stress that they'll be making some beneficial changes to the matmid program in the next few months.

W/ regards to customer service, the man I spoke to seemed confident about their ability to handle complaints in a timely fashion. It seems though that their twitter team is different than the team that handles emails. I'd recommend following up any emailed complaints w/ twitter messages to both their US and Israeli handles which are also handled by separate teams.

So this whole thing was a waste of time? She seemed to not really care- it was more a PR thing? am i wrong?

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 02:58:02 AM »
+1

She skipped out on answering so much, I'm wondering what she was there for. :(

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 03:03:37 AM »
So this whole thing was a waste of time? She seemed to not really care- it was more a PR thing? am i wrong?

+1

She skipped out on answering so much, I'm wondering what she was there for. :(

Not fully. They had 3 ppl there. A lady from Matmid, a lady from their social media and marketing (Lian) and a man who works for a company that handles their customer service kinda things.

The first and third person were there for at least an hour and a half, and Lian was there for at least an hour. I just wasn't able to ask all the questions since I didn't realize that some of them were supposed to be for Lian.

And the Matmid lady appeared to care about the questions and did her best to answer them. But that doesn't mean that I had to like the answers...

And the Tuborg was very cold and actually quite nice.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2013, 05:49:25 AM »
Liat
Third guy (Avinoam?) Was an outsourced SM guy.
Didn't feel like it was a PR thing. They seemed genuinley concerned with everything they were told. So she wasn't interested in removing YQ, you really thought that would be accomplished in this meeting? Anyway its only $150 IIRC. Much less than other European airlines

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2013, 06:59:24 AM »
There was also a guy who founded this website.
https://www.superfly.com/

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2013, 08:09:25 AM »
ime, all seats available to matmid, i was able to book with aa

however, you can only book 2 at a time. aa will only show 2 seats available. once you book those, the next 2 will open (assuming there were 4 to begin with). you will need to have separate record locators

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2013, 08:17:07 AM »

however, you can only book 2 at a time. aa will only show 2 seats available. once you book those, the next 2 will open (assuming there were 4 to begin with). you will need to have separate record locators
Wow, that is great to know.
I thought that when AA told me only 2 available, that was the case. So if I put two on hold, I can call back, and they'll have another 2 (assuming that LY's website shows at least 4 seats)?

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2013, 08:22:04 AM »
Wow, that is great to know.
I thought that when AA told me only 2 available, that was the case. So if I put two on hold, I can call back, and they'll have another 2 (assuming that LY's website shows at least 4 seats)?
you dont have to call back, you can do it in the same call. the moment 2 are booked, the next ones open

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2013, 08:24:44 AM »
you dont have to call back, you can do it in the same call. the moment 2 are booked, the next ones open
excuse my effusive praise, but thanks again

I was considering booking 2 in biz, 2 in coach, and felt guilty about possible splitting from my wife
:)

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2013, 10:50:38 AM »

That used to be the case until the recent issue which is not yet fixed.

They can book 4 in one shot.
Done that at least 20 times.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה