Author Topic: amazon diapers sale  (Read 15828 times)

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
Re: amazon diapers sale
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 05:17:33 PM »
Lets analyze this.
Who is the geneiva from?
Is it from 'Parents'? Im not sure. They dont lose anything by you taking the code. You arent really taking anything tangible as it is.
Is it stealing from Amazon? Also not. Its just the opposite. I assume you wouldnt make the purchase without this code so by taking the code you are giving them more business! This is not Geneiva.
Agav in halocho does the person need to have tzaar when he is stolen from. What if you steal somethin from me and i want it stolen. are you oiver?
:)
all this is tzachus obviouslt as i have had an especialy crazy day...

I dont want to open a can of worms here. You can justify your actions however you like. Why not ask a Rov if that would be considered stealing. You may be in a for a pleasant surprise. Even if its not considered stealing in Halacha (which i dont agree with you that its not), it is definitely not good for your middos. I can bring many cases which would be similar in nature to stealing a code from a magazine on the shelf, but that would just open up this debate. Im not here to debate anything. I ask my Rov when something is possibly against halacha and i hope you do too...

Lastly, if amazon wanted you to have the code, they would have put it out on SD or somewhere you would see it. Better yet, you should be able to call up amazon and just ask them for a code!?! After all, they do want you to have it so they get more business, right?? Ask your Rov what he thinks, and let us know...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:36:39 PM by David »

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2010, 06:06:51 PM »
I dont want to open a can of worms here.

You already did! Stating matter of fact that it's called Stealing? Please don't be the forum rabbi, or a "forum cop" either.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2010, 06:42:59 PM »
You already did! Stating matter of fact that it's called Stealing? Please don't be the forum rabbi, or a "forum cop" either.

Wow, it seems like you are very upset at me! I dont mean to be a forum rabbi or anything of the sort. Go look on other deal sites and you will see plenty of people doing things which are not within the realms of halacha. As a frum yid, I find DD a to be a nice place to find and discuss deals as most of the deals here dont involve doing things that are against halacha. I was looking for a rationale as to how such a thing can be permissible in halacha. I was commenting in the above poster who said people should go into a store and take something which they did not pay for. Another user was posting a rationale for it. All i was saying is that perhaps it would be a good idea to run such a thing past your LOR before doing so. You seem to have taken offense to that. I apologize for offending you.

Offline ChAiM'l

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2010, 08:32:58 PM »

Of course it is called stealing. From what I understood, the suggestion was to go to a store, pick up a copy of the magazine, and copy the code from the card. Now imagine that you want to get this offer, so you go and buy a copy for $xx (not sure how much they cost, because I get them for free), and when you try and use the code, you can't because it has been used already ... How is this NOT stealing???

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2010, 08:44:04 PM »
Of course it is called stealing. From what I understood, the suggestion was to go to a store, pick up a copy of the magazine, and copy the code from the card. Now imagine that you want to get this offer, so you go and buy a copy for $xx (not sure how much they cost, because I get them for free), and when you try and use the code, you can't because it has been used already ... How is this NOT stealing???

+1. Precisely what i logged back on to write. And even if you'll tell me that the person who buys the magazine wont use the coupon: A) you dont know that. B) The person may decide to sell it on ebay or something. Imagine that one play out when he sells the code, the buyer tries to use it and finds it was used already. Now he has to go explain to the buyer that he didnt use the code and will likely end up with negative feedback.

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2010, 09:58:58 PM »
Lastly, if amazon wanted you to have the code, they would have put it out on SD or somewhere you would see it.

What about DD??!!
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2010, 10:17:51 PM »
What about DD??!!

Lol. You know what i meant. DD is a much smaller scale than some of the other deal sites. Look at how many views some of the threads on those sites get compared to the threads on this site. The advantage we have here, is all of us (or most of us) are frum yidden who do things honestly and are generally more trustworthy.

Offline Ike

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Mariott Platinum
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2010, 10:27:32 PM »
Isn't Costco cheaper on diapers anyways?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2010, 10:34:14 PM »
Isn't Costco cheaper on diapers anyways?

They usually are. We always buy them there when there is no sale on amazon. With the 30% for subscribe and save, plus the codes we got for 20% (in the parents and parenting magazines) they come out much cheaper on amazon.

Offline Ike

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Mariott Platinum
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2010, 10:38:06 PM »
Hmm, Thx for the info

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2010, 10:48:05 PM »
Lol. You know what i meant. DD is a much smaller scale than some of the other deal sites. Look at how many views some of the threads on those sites get compared to the threads on this site. The advantage we have here, is all of us (or most of us) are frum yidden who do things honestly and are generally more trustworthy.

Ya but you gotta have kovod baal habayis... It wouldn't have hurt adding DD in.
I'll agree with you that I feel way more at home here than on SD though.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2010, 11:28:23 PM »
The libraries around me all carry both magazines...
I think all would agree that you can use a code from a magazine you find there.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 02:30:53 AM »
Now imagine that you want to get this offer, so you go and buy a copy for $xx (not sure how much they cost, because I get them for free), and when you try and use the code, you can't because it has been used already ... How is this NOT stealing???

You saying each parents mag has a different coupon printed in it for each customer? I highly doubt that. Can anyone confirm this?

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 02:48:00 AM »
Wow, it seems like you are very upset at me! I dont mean to be a forum rabbi or anything of the sort. Go look on other deal sites and you will see plenty of people doing things which are not within the realms of halacha. As a frum yid, I find DD a to be a nice place to find and discuss deals as most of the deals here dont involve doing things that are against halacha. I was looking for a rationale as to how such a thing can be permissible in halacha. I was commenting in the above poster who said people should go into a store and take something which they did not pay for. Another user was posting a rationale for it. All i was saying is that perhaps it would be a good idea to run such a thing past your LOR before doing so. You seem to have taken offense to that. I apologize for offending you.

Reb David, there is a difference between commenting on something and calling someone a thief ("we call the stealing"). This subject and those of many others on this forum is a matter of ethics. Everyone has their own standards of ethics. I can tell you there are many people that would not think of doing many things on this forum because of their ethical values. We should not be questioning peoples ethics here, unless of course you want to open up a whole can of worms. Especially that the guy that posted this shtick is a newbie and your lashing out is a good recipe to chase him/her away.

Now you do realize that you are over policing the forum lately, don't you? It's just getting annoying and rude. I do appreciate your contributions on the forum and have used some of your ideas.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 02:53:41 AM by Avid Reader »

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2010, 11:06:09 AM »
You saying each parents mag has a different coupon printed in it for each customer? I highly doubt that. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, each code is one-time use.

And stealing is stealing. Not a shtick. I wasn't questioning ethics. I was saying that it is stealing. I dont see anything wrong with that. If you "choose" to steal, that is your prerogative. But others who happen upon this thread who are yarei shamayim should know that it is 100% stealing. I, and many others, come to this site because we are dealing with frum yidden who for the most part are yarei shamayim and enjoy reaping the benefits from deals that are made available to us and are within the realms of halacha.

Over policing? Didnt know that was a word. If you mean i say things when they should be said? Yes, i do! As i mentioned, it can get very annoying when people come to the forums and make a mess out of it. When you or I try to search for something that has been mentioned in the past, it is very difficult to start sifting through tons of threads made by people who were too careless to search and post in the correct thread. And asking questions that are easily googleable? They deserve to get a link showing them how to use google. All it takes is one time and they see that google is there for our benefit. Sorry you dont like my criticism and sorry you find it annoying.

Back on topic, anyone who is buying these diapers is usually buying them for their children. What a great way to raise your children...put them in diapers that you obtained by stealing a coupon code. Chinuch starts from day 1. What great chinuch!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 11:28:50 AM by David »

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2010, 05:19:49 PM »

Absolutely.
From experience.

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2010, 09:28:19 AM »
Yes, each code is one-time use.
I see. That changes the picture entirely. Still I would suggest giving your opinions in a kinder manner so as not to chase away the new guys (you don't want to "steal" Dans customers ;)), and annoy the regulars.

Back on topic, anyone who is buying these diapers is usually buying them for their children. What a great way to raise your children...put them in diapers that you obtained by stealing a coupon code. Chinuch starts from day 1. What great chinuch!

True.
Coming soon to a store near you: "The Kosher Diaper"  ;D.

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 02:58:34 PM »
Dan, you don't have any kids yet, maybe you can fork me over a couple of codes? :)

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 03:00:19 PM »
http://www.j82.us/diapers/

It seems like we found the SD guy/lady that's been stealing your deals ;D ;D

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2010, 03:04:37 PM »
http://www.j82.us/diapers/

It seems like we found the SD guy/lady that's been stealing your deals ;D ;D
Wow, not cool RSA.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.