Author Topic: amazon diapers sale  (Read 15936 times)

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
Re: amazon diapers sale
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2010, 03:04:45 PM »
http://www.j82.us/diapers/

It seems like we found the SD guy/lady that's been stealing your deals ;D ;D

That is DEFINITELY not the same person as Wit770 who has been stealing deals...

Offline ChAiM'l

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2010, 03:09:22 PM »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2010, 03:12:10 PM »
Funny how someone named "chofetzchaim" would be a ganev  :o
Not only does he rip off my post nearly verbatim for his own profit, but he even steals my post updates!
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/coffeeroom/topic/save-up-to-95-on-diapers
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2010, 03:44:03 PM »
Not only does he rip off my post nearly verbatim for his own profit, but he even steals my post updates!
That's where I got my email from- Yeshiva World Sponser

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2010, 03:50:56 PM »
Isn't it funny that the newest member to join today, is 'Chofetzchaim'?!!

Offline chofetzchaim

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2010, 03:53:36 PM »
Hi Dan, I'm sorry if you feel that I am stealing your post. I have been running my own site for the past year to raise money for my Yeshiva. The main reason I started the site was to make money off of diapers sales as that is the product that is most purchased by Kollel guys online that I felt would be a good money maker. I have therefore been following this particular deal for awhile and have been trying to advertise it to the users of my web site and have been trying to use it to drive traffic to my site. The instructions I wrote were my own. I wrote and rewrote them many times to make it more clear and easy for people to understand as it is a very complicated deal for those who are not used to these types of things. I did use the comments and posts on your site to help me in writing the instructions. I did also use some of your updates, as they are usually short, to the point sentences, I did not feel that it was stealing from you in any way and as the updates grew I rewrote the whole thing to make it easier to follow. I did, on the other hand, credit you with the sample order, although I see now that I did not post the credit on Yeshiva World, I have posted an update for that. My apologies for forgetting- I do not mean to plagiarize your site. Thank you very much for all of your great work.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2010, 04:07:52 PM »
Hi Dan, I'm sorry if you feel that I am stealing your post. I have been running my own site for the past year to raise money for my Yeshiva. The main reason I started the site was to make money off of diapers sales as that is the product that is most purchased by Kollel guys online that I felt would be a good money maker. I have therefore been following this particular deal for awhile and have been trying to advertise it to the users of my web site and have been trying to use it to drive traffic to my site. The instructions I wrote were my own. I wrote and rewrote them many times to make it more clear and easy for people to understand as it is a very complicated deal for those who are not used to these types of things. I did use the comments and posts on your site to help me in writing the instructions. I did also use some of your updates, as they are usually short, to the point sentences, I did not feel that it was stealing from you in any way and as the updates grew I rewrote the whole thing to make it easier to follow. I did, on the other hand, credit you with the sample order, although I see now that I did not post the credit on Yeshiva World, I have posted an update for that. My apologies for forgetting- I do not mean to plagiarize your site. Thank you very much for all of your great work.
You shamelessly plagiarized (much of it word for word, the rest of it paraphrased based only on information from the post) my post along with all the hours of research that went into it, took it as your own, and then paid another web site to advertise it and email it out to all of their subscribers.

And not even a word of credit to be found on the yeshiva world site...

Good to know that the RSA has stooped down to stealing other people's parnassah as a fund-raising tactic...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2010, 04:32:30 PM »
I think this guy was nice enough to apologize (and admit). I'll give credit where credit is due (for apologizing and fessing up).

Offline ChAiM'l

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2010, 05:14:53 PM »
I think this guy was nice enough to apologize (and admit). I'll give credit where credit is due (for apologizing and fessing up).
And how about lost revenue?

Offline chofetzchaim

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2010, 05:17:26 PM »
As I said in my previous post, I have now posted credit to you on Yeshiva World: http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/coffeeroom/topic/save-up-to-95-on-diapers#post-141847

Just to clarify, this is my own project not RSA's. I started it for Zichron Dovid (a small affiliate of RSA) and then expanded to giving some of the profits to RSA because they had a much bigger market and I was thereby able to make more money for Zichron Dovid while making a lot for RSA as well. Please take down your comment about RSA, as they have nothing to do with this. I, as an alumnus who wants to help the yeshiva, did this of my own accord.

In terms of me posting it on my web site. I have been advertising diaper sales on my own site for a long time. As I described in my previous post, I started this site in the first place because of diaper sales. In the beginning I noticed that almost every day there were boxes from Diapers.com in the mail room of the yeshiva. I tried to use this to the yeshiva's advantage by creating a site where I can advertise diapers. I quickly realized that Amazon was a better deal so I pointed that out. If you click on my Diapers.com link on the homepage you will see a notice which is an updated version of my original Amazon advertisement that used to pop up when people clicked on Diapers.com. Subscribe and Save has been around as long as I can remember with 15% or 30% off. A friend of mine who gets Parents Magazine found the 20% coupon and figured out that it stacks with the Subscribe and Save discount before you ever posted the original deal. I rarely check this site. A few friends of mine will occasionally send me links and since they know that I advertise diapers they have sent me your updates as this deal has grown. I have used these to update my own posts. I understand that you will usually give a Hat Tip when posting, but as my site is not a blog format like yours. I don't have "posts" where I can put a Hat Tip at the end of each so I have not been accustomed to doing such things. Most of what I get is from word of mouth anyway from people who do not want to be quoted publicly. The only tayna I hear you having is the Sample Order which I copied directly from you. I did post a credit to you for that and my credit to you is now posted on Yeshiva World as well.

In terms of me advertising it on Yeshiva World, this was NOT the yeshiva investing, it was me doing it in the hope that it would make money for the yeshiva. It cost a lot of money but I felt it would be worth it for the sales generated directly from this sale as well as for the future growth of the site.

Again, I am sorry if you feel I have stolen your posts and ask your mechila. I didn't mean to rip you off. Keep up your great work and please take down your the negative comments about RSA, as they are unwarranted and this does not represent them. Thank you and Kesiva Vachasima Tova
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 05:26:08 PM by chofetzchaim »

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2010, 05:20:39 PM »

If he was sorry he would give full credit to dansdeals and link directly to dandsdeals.

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2010, 05:40:13 PM »
I would like to add (I had this in my previous post but edited out because I thought it might be farfetched, but now I see that this is actually what happened), that the people telling him probably did not realize that Dan makes money from amazon clicks, they just thought he was giving good deals and making money from ads, he couldn't have known otherwise unless he specifically saw the links.

Offline txtmax4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2010, 10:33:08 PM »
"chofetzchaim": You're doing "wonderful chessed work", but plagiarizing is beyond lowest of the low.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2010, 11:04:13 PM »
Guy was scared to get cornered and badmouthed, decided to "open the umbrella just in case it would rain".
I would like to add (I had this in my previous post but edited out because I thought it might be farfetched, but now I see that this is actually what happened), that the people telling him probably did not realize that Dan makes money from amazon clicks, they just thought he was giving good deals and making money from ads, he couldn't have known otherwise unless he specifically saw the links.
Ya, it is kinda farfetched. So farfetched that it's not clear from your post who are "the people telling him", who is "him", who is "he", who is "he" and who is "he".

Offline ChAiM'l

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2010, 11:32:46 PM »
Guy was scared to get cornered and badmouthed, decided to "open the umbrella just in case it would rain".Ya, it is kinda farfetched. So farfetched that it's not clear from your post who are "the people telling him", who is "him", who is "he", who is "he" and who is "he".

Kinda reminds me of a song (about Hebrew and English), goes something like- "I am me and me(מי) is who, who(הוא) is he and he(היא) is she etc.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2010, 11:54:09 PM »
Kinda reminds me of a song (about Hebrew and English), goes something like- "I am me and me(מי) is who, who(הוא) is he and he(היא) is she etc.

HEY! No OT! lol ;D That belongs in the joke thread ;D Very Good!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2010, 01:15:43 AM »
As I said in my previous post, I have now posted credit to you on Yeshiva World: http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/coffeeroom/topic/save-up-to-95-on-diapers#post-141847

Just to clarify, this is my own project not RSA's. I started it for Zichron Dovid (a small affiliate of RSA) and then expanded to giving some of the profits to RSA because they had a much bigger market and I was thereby able to make more money for Zichron Dovid while making a lot for RSA as well. Please take down your comment about RSA, as they have nothing to do with this. I, as an alumnus who wants to help the yeshiva, did this of my own accord.

In terms of me posting it on my web site. I have been advertising diaper sales on my own site for a long time. As I described in my previous post, I started this site in the first place because of diaper sales. In the beginning I noticed that almost every day there were boxes from Diapers.com in the mail room of the yeshiva. I tried to use this to the yeshiva's advantage by creating a site where I can advertise diapers. I quickly realized that Amazon was a better deal so I pointed that out. If you click on my Diapers.com link on the homepage you will see a notice which is an updated version of my original Amazon advertisement that used to pop up when people clicked on Diapers.com. Subscribe and Save has been around as long as I can remember with 15% or 30% off. A friend of mine who gets Parents Magazine found the 20% coupon and figured out that it stacks with the Subscribe and Save discount before you ever posted the original deal. I rarely check this site. A few friends of mine will occasionally send me links and since they know that I advertise diapers they have sent me your updates as this deal has grown. I have used these to update my own posts. I understand that you will usually give a Hat Tip when posting, but as my site is not a blog format like yours. I don't have "posts" where I can put a Hat Tip at the end of each so I have not been accustomed to doing such things. Most of what I get is from word of mouth anyway from people who do not want to be quoted publicly. The only tayna I hear you having is the Sample Order which I copied directly from you. I did post a credit to you for that and my credit to you is now posted on Yeshiva World as well.

In terms of me advertising it on Yeshiva World, this was NOT the yeshiva investing, it was me doing it in the hope that it would make money for the yeshiva. It cost a lot of money but I felt it would be worth it for the sales generated directly from this sale as well as for the future growth of the site.

Again, I am sorry if you feel I have stolen your posts and ask your mechila. I didn't mean to rip you off. Keep up your great work and please take down your the negative comments about RSA, as they are unwarranted and this does not represent them. Thank you and Kesiva Vachasima Tova

Why is the content still on that site? He admits he stole it.

ספר ויקרא פרק ה'' פסוק כ"ד:

והשיב את הגזילה אשר גזל
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2010, 04:06:33 PM »
I am at a mall upstate (posting this while relaxing on one of Bookstore's awesome massage chairs...), walked into Borders a few mins ago to buy mags for the coupons. They only had Parents. Obviously before buying it I checked inside for the coupon...
Let me tell you guys, this guy didn't just copy the code from the magazine like one of our members suggested, he shamelessly ripped out the actual coupon! And did so with all nine copies at the store!
I guess the upside of that is that whoever buys the magazine won't get any "surprises" when they enter the coupon online... he was a "kind" ganif.

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2010, 04:37:27 PM »
I j
I am at a mall upstate (posting this while relaxing on one of Bookstore's awesome massage chairs...), walked into Borders a few mins ago to buy mags for the coupons. They only had Parents. Obviously before buying it I checked inside for the coupon...
Let me tell you guys, this guy didn't just copy the code from the magazine like one of our members suggested, he shamelessly ripped out the actual coupon! And did so with all nine copies at the store!
I guess the upside of that is that whoever buys the magazine won't get any "surprises" when they enter the coupon online... he was a "kind" ganif.
I just got home from B&Nnd same thing here :( I actually checked first, but then I switched it and forgot to check again!

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2010, 11:42:13 PM »
And wasn't there?
Funny, It actually crossed my mind for a second at the store that maybe only the issues mailed to homes come with the coupon and not the ones sold at stores...
I wonder how the guy was not worried about the security cameras at Borders... or does Borders accept returns on magazines?