Author Topic: can someone plz help me make correct choice with my points  (Read 770 times)

Offline Shkop

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
can someone plz help me make correct choice with my points
« on: January 28, 2013, 01:00:55 AM »
Can someone advise me on my dilemma? I'm flying to Miami. I have 46k Southwest left. I also have 26k aa. I used a Southwest promo for the flight from NY to Miami costing me 11760 southwest points for 2 tickets (5880 one way sick deal). For the way back I can either do the same. Spend another 11760 and have my Southwest come down to 35k (also good for first 2 bags free. The whole fee is 5 bucks) The problem is that I want to save points for a summer trip and I find that SW is the best in working out flights with limited points. Or I can spend the 25k aa points (found flight for 12.5k each way) and save the 46k sw for a summer trip, however I will be using 25k aa when I could have used 11760 sw.

In other words, is it better to spend the lesser amount of points of sw (11760) and save the higher amount of aa (25k), or better spend the 25k aa since the sw is at 46k and gives more possibilities for a future flight especially since sw has so many good deals and is so workable instead of bringing it down to 35k

Thanks
A democracy is a form of government, not an intrinsic truth

Offline Ez

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: can someone plz help me make correct choice with my points
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 01:08:26 AM »
You can rack up lots of additional points till the summer, take the best deal now and make sure to stock up with some more for the summer.

Offline Shkop

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: can someone plz help me make correct choice with my points
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 01:15:41 AM »
I can rack up sw only if i or wife gets approved for sw c.c. not as easy as used to be...but you do make sense
A democracy is a form of government, not an intrinsic truth

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
can someone plz help me make correct choice with my points
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 07:27:22 AM »
I would go with southwest now since its a better value and then you'll see what the summer brings:)