Topic Wiki

Use https://www.squaremouth.com/ to compare pricing and coverage option
« Last edited by KidOOO on February 15, 2015, 08:10:46 PM »

Author Topic: travel insurance  (Read 37934 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: travel insurance
« Reply #315 on: October 24, 2019, 04:46:23 PM »
Any way of purchasing travel insurance after trip has already started?

If all you need is Medical coverage IMG will let you buy even while on the trip, for coverage starting the day after purchase.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Luvisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 25, 2019, 02:59:19 AM »
If all you need is Medical coverage IMG will let you buy even while on the trip, for coverage starting the day after purchase.
thank you!

Offline shwarmabob

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 03, 2019, 12:47:36 PM »
I have a trip that consist of several legs:
the first leg - the taxes were paid for by Citi Prestige before they cancelled travel insurance benefits in September.
the second leg - the taxes were paid for by Chase Ink.
The last leg was paid by airline vouchers so it has no travel insurance provided by credit cards at all.

Citi Travel benefits says:
"Trip means any pre-paid travel, tour or vacation when all or at least a portion of the cost of such arrangements was paid using Your Citi Card and/or ThankYou Points for all Covered Traveler(s).
Trip Departure Date means the date on which the Covered Traveler(s) are originally scheduled to leave on the Trip.
Trip Completion Date means the date on which the Covered Traveler(s) are scheduled to return to their point of origin or to a different final destination."

The start and end of the whole journey is the same NYC. Does this mean that the entire trip would be covered by the Citi Travel benefits? or only the first leg?
It makes a big difference

Offline David R

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 26, 2019, 12:20:59 AM »
I have a trip that consist of several legs:
the first leg - the taxes were paid for by Citi Prestige before they cancelled travel insurance benefits in September.
the second leg - the taxes were paid for by Chase Ink.
The last leg was paid by airline vouchers so it has no travel insurance provided by credit cards at all.

Citi Travel benefits says:
"Trip means any pre-paid travel, tour or vacation when all or at least a portion of the cost of such arrangements was paid using Your Citi Card and/or ThankYou Points for all Covered Traveler(s).
Trip Departure Date means the date on which the Covered Traveler(s) are originally scheduled to leave on the Trip.
Trip Completion Date means the date on which the Covered Traveler(s) are scheduled to return to their point of origin or to a different final destination."

The start and end of the whole journey is the same NYC. Does this mean that the entire trip would be covered by the Citi Travel benefits? or only the first leg?
It makes a big difference
Clever interpretation, but I don't think they'll go for it. They probably mean that the Trip Completion Date is the date on which the Covered Traveler(s) are scheduled to return to whatever destination is the final point of the Trip (using their definition of Trip), whether that final point is the point of origin or a different final destination. Therefore, Citi would only cover the first leg.

I used Citi ThankYou points to book a rental car and flight. After booking, I remembered that they removed all the travel protections, so I cancelled everything and booked with Chase points from Ink Plus on the Ultimate Rewards travel site. I paid a few cents with the Ink card and the rest with points. Am I covered? Would I be covered if I only used Chase points and did not pay any portion with the credit card?

Offline atwnsw

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 26, 2019, 08:31:26 AM »
FYI, I was born with a serious pre-existing condition that often impacts my travel arrangements.
Over the last 10+ years, I have purchased my individual trip policies from TripInsuranceStore.com which is a small
company and have filed a lot of claims over the years for tens of thousands of dollars and always been
approved.  Tripinsurancestore is a broker but will directly you to only those plans that will cover pre-existing
conditions.  The cost amounts to roughly 5% of the trip cost.  The key is documenting everything and completing
the forms in detail which is a PITA, but necessary.

I have no affiliation with them but their owner, Steve Dasseos, is a nice guy.

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 26, 2019, 11:05:27 AM »

I have no affiliation with them but their owner, Steve Dasseos, is a nice guy.
;D

Offline dwkl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA lifetime platinum
« Reply #321 on: December 26, 2019, 12:24:21 PM »
theirs a woman in lakewood who sells travel insurance  we send all our clients their, is very informative and very knowledgeable her tel # is 732-905-7699 leave message she generally works  evenings and nights