Topic Wiki

Use
https://www.squaremouth.com/
http://www.insuremytrip.com/

to compare pricing and coverage option
« Last edited by mgarfin on August 30, 2023, 10:38:38 PM »

Author Topic: Travel Insurance  (Read 168038 times)

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Re: travel insurance
« Reply #160 on: October 25, 2015, 08:30:39 PM »
Do any of these cover if you just are not able to make the trip? But not for something serious... E.G. wedding work etc.
I think that's why they sell cancel for any reason, cancel for work upgrades. I just had to cancel, let's see if I get anything from the travel insurance...

Offline hocker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2015, 09:48:05 AM »
I am using squaremouth to try to get a quote on travel insurance. Primarily looking for medical coverage and life coverage.

I can't seem to find any policies that DON'T exclude acts of war, hostilities, civil war, etc.

I.e. If when traveling to Israel anything happens due to Palestinian violence, it seems coverage would be excluded. Anyone have a policy or company they know of that will cover this?
FYI foreign citizens injured in terror attacks in Israel are covered by the Israeli government national insurance Institute.

Usually the hospitals bill them directly.

http://www.btl.gov.il/benefits/Victims_of_Hostilities/Pages/default.aspx

Offline elimmm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2015, 07:12:23 PM »
however, if you scroll down on the government siteyou will see the following quote
המוסד לביטוח לאומי אינו מחזיר הוצאות על טיפול רפואי פרטי.
namely, they wont pay for a private doctor
thats where war insurance comes in- no one would wanna rely on the ER for something serious G-d forbid

Offline hocker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2015, 08:05:23 PM »
however, if you scroll down on the government siteyou will see the following quote
המוסד לביטוח לאומי אינו מחזיר הוצאות על טיפול רפואי פרטי.
namely, they wont pay for a private doctor
thats where war insurance comes in- no one would wanna rely on the ER for something serious G-d forbid

You seem confused.

Israel has a socialized medicine program and the vast majority of Dr's accept the coverage. Additionally there are some Dr's what don't accept the National insurance and they are k own as שרע"פ or פרטי. The coverage provided by the state of Israel covers the former not the latter.

Some of the biggest if not most of the biggest and greatest Dr's in Israel accept the National coverage. You threw in the word ER the place where every single patient lands after a terror attack and where the idea of private Dr's doesn't exist, I'm not sure what you meant.

Offline Mutty

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2015, 10:17:40 PM »
I just bought tickets for mid winter from ny to Arizona. I declined the insurance. Question. What does that insurance actually include? If I decide to cancel for any reason? Is it worth it? Tickets were over 500, insurance over 40?
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2015, 01:03:17 AM »
I just bought tickets for mid winter from ny to Arizona. I declined the insurance. Question. What does that insurance actually include? If I decide to cancel for any reason? Is it worth it? Tickets were over 500, insurance over 40?
Depends each policy

Offline GettingReady

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 03, 2016, 10:52:18 AM »
I'm checking into international travel insurance for our month EU trip this fall. I don't care about monetary reimbursement since we're paying for almost everything with points, miles, CB. I primarily want emergency medical and evacuation due to hubs age/health.

Places I looked at:
Allianz: international no longer available. It was available until Brussels then pulled.
DansDivers Insurance: looks like emergency evac is only $10K

Then I came across Amex where you can pick and chose your plan including Emergency medical up to $100K, emergency evac to $100K, etc.for $64/2 people. You can also add on lost luggage, trip delay, misc. Any personal experience with this or data points from friends/family?

https://www295.americanexpress.com/travel-insurance/home.do?&aetiSource=FP10&extlink=ps-us-aeti-google--NB_Trip%20Insurance_RLSA_Exact-sziupxQUV|dc&pcrid=100572989578&pmt=e&kw=trip%20insurance&gclid=CjwKEAjw_oK4BRDym-SDq-aczicSJAC7UVRtyKwNpxNSGxrP5r6NLsNfJI2qH2gMAhNC_FykPK6GzRoCWkXw_wcB

Offline shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 03, 2016, 11:07:24 AM »
I have bought the amex because its cheap and robust and hoped that it is good as amex name. Never filed. I think you have to go to doctors they recommend.
 If you have kids then you will also want to look at some policies that include kids for free.

Offline shwarmabob

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 03, 2016, 11:13:30 AM »
I'm checking into international travel insurance for our month EU trip this fall. I don't care about monetary reimbursement since we're paying for almost everything with points, miles, CB. I primarily want emergency medical and evacuation due to hubs age/health.

Places I looked at:
Allianz: international no longer available. It was available until Brussels then pulled.

Then I came across Amex where you can pick and chose your plan including Emergency medical up to $100K, emergency evac to $100K, etc.for $64/2 people. You can also add on lost luggage, trip delay, misc. Any personal experience with this or data points from friends/family?

https://www295.americanexpress.com/travel-insurance/home.do?&aetiSource=FP10&extlink=ps-us-aeti-google--NB_Trip%20Insurance_RLSA_Exact-sziupxQUV|dc&pcrid=100572989578&pmt=e&kw=trip%20insurance&gclid=CjwKEAjw_oK4BRDym-SDq-aczicSJAC7UVRtyKwNpxNSGxrP5r6NLsNfJI2qH2gMAhNC_FykPK6GzRoCWkXw_wcB
$64/2 people seems like a good prize.
I paid $29/ per person for emergency evac up to $25K, etc. when getting tickets with United. The coverage is by Allianz.

Offline GettingReady

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 03, 2016, 02:27:27 PM »
It will actually be a little more as hubs wants to add in life insurance. No biggie though. I don't think the luggage and trip delay is necessarily worth it, even though it's not much, as I know that's covered with some CCs. We did pay misc fees/taxes with my CSP.

I've read a lot of positive reports with Amex concerning refunds on purchases and I'm hoping the support is good with travel insurance.

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 03, 2016, 02:37:01 PM »
It will actually be a little more as hubs wants to add in life insurance.
Wouldn't your regular life ins policy be good enough?
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline GettingReady

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 03, 2016, 05:28:04 PM »
Wouldn't your regular life ins policy be good enough?

With retirement this year, life insurance went out the window. Having said that, by the time you retire you shouldn't need life insurance. Hubs just thought it would be nice for me to have a little extra if something happened to him on our trip. We're talking $54 for 1m.

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #172 on: April 03, 2016, 09:02:34 PM »

Places I looked at:

I had a good experience with Travel Guard

Offline GettingReady

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 03, 2016, 09:45:12 PM »
I had a good experience with Travel Guard

Thanks for the suggestion.

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 03, 2016, 11:38:55 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion.
I had a good experience with Roamright. And MH Ross a few years ago. Use Squaremouth to compare. Also,  USAA members get 33% off at Travel Insured. Had it on one trip but didn't need to use it so I can't comment on their service.

Offline GettingReady

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 03, 2016, 11:43:57 PM »
I had a good experience with Roamright. And MH Ross a few years ago. Use Squaremouth to compare. Also,  USAA members get 33% off at Travel Insured. Had it on one trip but didn't need to use it so I can't comment on their service.

I never realized there were so many companies. Thanks!

Offline etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #176 on: April 11, 2016, 10:31:47 PM »
Are there ANY travel insurance companies that don't have a deadline from your first payment to purchase CFAR or to be covered for preexisting conditions?

TY
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2016, 02:29:02 PM »
Some will cover prexisting if you have your own insurance in US. Maybe geo blue cross maybe amex dont recall.

Offline etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2016, 03:28:34 PM »
Some will cover prexisting if you have your own insurance in US. Maybe geo blue cross maybe amex dont recall.
Interesting! Though that doesn't help with CFAR.

I thought the answer was no. Just wanted to double check. Thanks!
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline lechatchileh ariber

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2016, 11:22:19 AM »
I forgot to buy travel insurance before I left, travel guard told me that they cannot insure me since I am already in travel status. Are there any insurance agencies which will insure me (BH nothing happened, but I want to take out a policy).
Thanks
I don't sin, I give myself opportunities to repent.