Author Topic: hertz blacklist (do not rent list)  (Read 52468 times)

Offline L'Chaim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: hertz blacklist (do not rent list)
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 05:09:33 PM »
here is the email I sent hertz(they told me to send an email and they will respond in 30days)

hi I am contacting you today about file number 000000. I just tried logging on to my hertz account and it was blocked out. now I just spoke to someone at hertz department for do not rent list. I am appalled they would add me to this list the reason given was avis told them to add me. now with avis back in 2003 when I was 18 years old an agent got upset at me and claimed that I was not authorized to rent under a corporate account and this rental agent but me on the do not rent list at avis (and put in the system fraud or something) which is totally not true. they added me to there do not rent list for no good reason 10 years ago, I have been renting with hertz successively for the last 10 years with out any issues only good experiences, about 3 weeks ago I reached out to avis to try to appeal there decision that was based on a disgruntled employee. now it seems that hertz who I have never had any issues with added me to your list. I just spoke to the head of security at avis and he adamantly denies contacting hertz. avis has no information or any proofs why I was added to there list. this seems like a huge mistake and misunderstanding. I am a legitimate individual, I own my own company, I am prepared to send you copies of my license, passport, or any other form of identification to prove my innocents. please help me as soon as possible. thank you for your time.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=89.0

Offline dealer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 05:25:41 PM »
here is the email I sent hertz(they told me to send an email and they will respond in 30days)

hi I am contacting you today about file number 000000. I just tried logging on to my hertz account and it was blocked out. now I just spoke to someone at hertz department for do not rent list. I am appalled they would add me to this list the reason given was avis told them to add me. now with avis back in 2003 when I was 18 years old an agent got upset at me and claimed that I was not authorized to rent under a corporate account and this rental agent but me on the do not rent list at avis (and put in the system fraud or something) which is totally not true. they added me to there do not rent list for no good reason 10 years ago, I have been renting with hertz successively for the last 10 years with out any issues only good experiences, about 3 weeks ago I reached out to avis to try to appeal there decision that was based on a disgruntled employee. now it seems that hertz who I have never had any issues with added me to your list. I just spoke to the head of security at avis and he adamantly denies contacting hertz. avis has no information or any proofs why I was added to there list. this seems like a huge mistake and misunderstanding. I am a legitimate individual, I own my own company, I am prepared to send you copies of my license, passport, or any other form of identification to prove my innocents. please help me as soon as possible. thank you for your time.
spellcheck please

Offline nutcase

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 06:50:25 PM »
spellcheck please
easy on me I am down now. it gets my idea across no?

Offline whYME

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 06:56:14 PM »

Offline whYME

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 07:08:51 PM »
Yes, it does get your point across.
However, the horrendous spelling and grammar conveys a very different picture of you than the one you want to present.
In a situation such as this, where you're essentially asking someone to make a decision/judgement about you, and all they really have to go by is your letter, you want to be damn sure that letter makes you look as good as possible.

this is not meant as an attack or insult, rather a recommendation for the future. If you need to send an important letter, make sure to have someone proofread it before hand. You will be judged (at the very least subconsciously) based on your spelling and grammar mistakes.

Offline nutcase

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 10:02:26 PM »
However, the horrendous spelling and grammar conveys a very different picture of you than the one you want to present.
In a situation such as this, where you're essentially asking someone to make a decision/judgement about you, and all they really have to go by is your letter, you want to be damn sure that letter makes you look as good as possible.

this is not meant as an attack or insult, rather a recommendation for the future. If you need to send an important letter, make sure to have someone proofread it before hand. You will be judged (at the very least subconsciously) based on your spelling and grammar mistakes.
ok well said.  I kinda shot that letter off in a bit of desperate rage. I hope it works.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 10:13:36 PM »

Did Hertz tell you Avis contacted them?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline nutcase

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 10:23:32 PM »
Did Hertz tell you Avis contacted them?
yes they the lady at hertz dnr department told me another rental car company, then she told me clearly it was avis.

Offline Sowhat

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 10:36:59 AM »

If you write like a turkey, your credibility is about zero.

Offline L'Chaim

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 11:55:53 AM »

Exactly what I was thinking, just didn't have the time so I just linked.

Offline real-brisker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 12:28:46 PM »
Lets stop basing the poor guy! He apparently is going through enough of a hard time.

Offline nutcase

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 12:37:14 PM »
Lets stop basing the poor guy! He apparently is going through enough of a hard time.
thank you I appreciate the sensitivity.

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 12:43:52 PM »
YW

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 01:26:04 PM »
-1. This is just being able to rent frum car companies. All it takes is copy paste into word or using chrome spell check and it would be fixed. They aren't bashing him but giving real life advice that is always true for many more things in life than letters to car rental ccompanies. How you write is how they judge you. Its the equivalent of having a meeting with a hertz executive to discuss this situation and wearing ripped jeans while speaking like a hill Billy. Odds are you won't see the same results as wearing a suite and impressing them with your personality.

On the forums it doesn't matter how you spell, but in business its a world of a difference.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline whYME

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 01:43:11 PM »
They aren't bashing him but giving real life advice that is always true for many more things in life than letters to car rental ccompanies. How you write is how they judge you.
Exactly.
This is not meant as an attack or insult, rather a recommendation for the future.

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 01:47:42 PM »
-1. This is just being able to rent frum car companies. All it takes is copy paste into word or using chrome spell check and it would be fixed. They aren't bashing him but giving real life advice that is always true for many more things in life than letters to car rental ccompanies. How you write is how they judge you. Its the equivalent of having a meeting with a hertz executive to discuss this situation and wearing ripped jeans while speaking like a hill Billy. Odds are you won't see the same results as wearing a suite and impressing them with your personality. On the forums it doesn't matter how you spell, but in business its a world of a difference.
While I do agree with you and everyone else who stated the importance of having a letter that is decently written.

However my point was not to undermine that, rather to after one two people stated it, I felt that everyone understood the importance, and any further post  was just adding more salt to the fresh wound.       

Offline mmermss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2013, 03:27:35 PM »
-1. This is just being able to rent frum car companies. All it takes is copy paste into word or using chrome spell check and it would be fixed. They aren't bashing him but giving real life advice that is always true for many more things in life than letters to car rental ccompanies. How you write is how they judge you. Its the equivalent of having a meeting with a hertz executive to discuss this situation and wearing ripped jeans while speaking like a hill Billy. Odds are you won't see the same results as wearing a suite and impressing them with your personality.

On the forums it doesn't matter how you spell, but in business its a world of a difference.

+1
Couldn't of said it better.

When I SM chase and Amex (and I do alot) and write to different car rental and hotel chains to get status matched, I write it like I'm writing to someone in the business world and I believe it's a big reason I get approved for what I ask for.
It's not about the quantity of your posts.  It's about the quality.

Offline nutcase

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2013, 04:40:18 PM »
While I do agree with you and everyone else who stated the importance of having a letter that is decently written.

However my point was not to undermine that, rather to after one two people stated it, I felt that everyone understood the importance, and any further post  was just adding more salt to the fresh wound.     
I agree I got the message loud and clear.
 Not to justify the letter, I kinda shot that email off in a desperate fashion, without much thought.
would this edited version be better?

Hi I am contacting you today about file number 000000. I just tried logging on to my hertz account and it was blocked out. Now I just spoke to someone at hertz department for do not rent list. I am appalled they would add me to this list the reason given was avis told them to add me. now with avis back in 2003 when I was 18 years old an agent got upset at me and claimed that I was not authorized to rent under a corporate account and this rental agent but me on the do not rent list at avis (and put in the system fraud or something) which is totally not true. they added me to there do not rent list for no good reason 10 years ago, I have been renting with hertz successively for the last 10 years without any issues only good experiences, about 3 weeks ago I reached out to avis to try to appeal there decision that was based on a disgruntled employee. Now it seems that hertz who I have never had any issues with added me to your list. I just spoke to the head of security at avis and he adamantly denies contacting hertz. Avis has no information or any proofs why I was added to their list. This seems like a huge mistake and misunderstanding. I am a legitimate individual, I own my own company, and I am prepared to send you copies of my license, passport, or any other form of identification to prove I am innocent. Please help me as soon as possible. Thank you for your time.
I can be reached at: 1111111111
Or via email: [edited]

Offline L'Chaim

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2013, 04:45:03 PM »

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2013, 07:46:02 PM »
I agree I got the message loud and clear.
 Not to justify the letter, I kinda shot that email off in a desperate fashion, without much thought.
would this edited version be better?

Hi I am contacting you today about file number 000000. I just tried logging on to my hertz account and it was blocked out. Now I just spoke to someone at hertz department for do not rent list. I am appalled they would add me to this list the reason given was avis told them to add me. now with avis back in 2003 when I was 18 years old an agent got upset at me and claimed that I was not authorized to rent under a corporate account and this rental agent but me on the do not rent list at avis (and put in the system fraud or something) which is totally not true. they added me to there do not rent list for no good reason 10 years ago, I have been renting with hertz successively for the last 10 years without any issues only good experiences, about 3 weeks ago I reached out to avis to try to appeal there decision that was based on a disgruntled employee. Now it seems that hertz who I have never had any issues with added me to your list. I just spoke to the head of security at avis and he adamantly denies contacting hertz. Avis has no information or any proofs why I was added to their list. This seems like a huge mistake and misunderstanding. I am a legitimate individual, I own my own company, and I am prepared to send you copies of my license, passport, or any other form of identification to prove I am innocent. Please help me as soon as possible. Thank you for your time.
I can be reached at: 1111111111
Or via email: [edited]

I would make some paragraphs...