Author Topic: ANA star alliance award  (Read 1247 times)

Offline andrew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
ANA star alliance award
« on: June 11, 2010, 05:24:04 AM »
does any one know the ANA system for a star alliance reward ticket? i have 4 questions 1) do they charge a fee/taxes/gase and how much (tlv-bcn)
2) could i turn amex membership points into ana points and at what rate, and how long does it take to get into the account 3) how long would it take for starwood points to get into the account 4) could i book a ticket while waiting for the tranfer of points to register/
thanks,
please pm me or email me at yittis@gmail.com
im also looking to buy points 80,000

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: ANA star alliance award
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 08:16:08 AM »
does any one know the ANA system for a star alliance reward ticket? i have 4 questions 1) do they charge a fee/taxes/gase and how much (tlv-bcn)
2) could i turn amex membership points into ana points and at what rate, and how long does it take to get into the account 3) how long would it take for starwood points to get into the account 4) could i book a ticket while waiting for the tranfer of points to register/
thanks,
please pm me or email me at yittis@gmail.com
im also looking to buy points 80,000
1) They pass on the fees that the carriers you are booking on would charge. There is no exact $ amount it depends on the airline that you will be flying. Best is to call ANA and ask.
2)Amex transfers 1-1 into ANA according to some recent transfers it takes about 1-2 days
3) Starwood can possibly take a while but recent experience suggest they may process transfers over the weekends so a Friday transfer may post on Monday (no guarantees)
4) ANA does not allow to put award on hold unless points are already in your account.