Author Topic: Sellmilesnow.com  (Read 15860 times)

Offline shaytmg

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Sellmilesnow.com
« on: January 30, 2013, 10:47:03 AM »
Has anyone used sellmilesnow.com to sell their points? How was your experience?

I am considering selling them my Amex points.  In order to do so you need to send your log-in information.  I know they are the "Dans Deals Exclusive Mileage Buyer", but cannot be too careful especially if I am sharing my login.

Sorry Dan, not doubting you but want to be sure about this. :)

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Sellmilesnow.com
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:48:13 AM »

I am considering selling them my Amex points.  In order to do so you need to send your log-in information.  I know they are the "Dans Deals Exclusive Mileage Buyer", but cannot be too careful especially if I am sharing my login.

He is extremely honest. I have been dealing with them for years and never had any issues. Payment comes extremely fast.

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 10:58:24 AM »
He is extremely honest. I have been dealing with them for years and never had any issues. Payment comes extremely fast.
Haven't personally sold any points to them but my friends that have say its legit and payment is always fast.

Offline txtmax4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:10:40 AM »
As a rule of thumb, Dan doesn't put anything sketchy/fishy/suspicious on his site.
If he is telling you about a deal/website in any way shape or form, that's basically a seal of guarantee that you won't have any "surprises" down the line.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline shaytmg

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 11:14:25 AM »
As a rule of thumb, Dan doesn't put anything sketchy/fishy/suspicious on his site.
If he is telling you about a deal/website in any way shape or form, that's basically a seal of guarantee that you won't have any "surprises" down the line.

I know, just wanted to poll the audience.

Offline Centurion

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: spg plat,avis pres ,hertz plat ,AAexcutime, delta plat,hilton gold, united
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 12:00:33 PM »
wheres the poll? i would try my best NOT to give my info...
you can only make a first impression ONCE

Offline elizmm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • 404 - Page not found
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 12:26:11 AM »

They are known for not responding to emails. They also do not deal with "lowly" meager accounts under 100k.

A general rule of thumb; the more they advertise the less they pay. You want higher value find some people who are brokers that deal with smaller amounts and they give higher payout.. There used to be a place here on dansdeals forum to buy and sell miles but it was taken away probably because of liability issues. There was a good spot to buy and sell on the dans deals facebook group but that was stopped too because it got out of hand and the dansdeals sponsored brokers probably got upset. There are still some facebook groups where selling happens.. Usually a travel agent will know someone who buys or will buy it themselves.
It is all from Hashem and he will continue to give!

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 12:30:46 AM »
A general rule of thumb; the more they advertise the less they pay. You want higher value find some people who are brokers that deal with smaller amounts and they give higher payout.. There used to be a place here on dansdeals forum to buy and sell miles but it was taken away probably because of liability issues. There was a good spot to buy and sell on the dans deals facebook group but that was stopped too because it got out of hand and the dansdeals sponsored brokers probably got upset. There are still some facebook groups where selling happens.. Usually a travel agent will know someone who buys or will buy it themselves.

+1, good point. I have almost always gotten better rates that what was offered through sellmilesnow.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 12:31:47 AM »
There used to be a place here on dansdeals forum to buy and sell miles but it was taken away probably because of liability issues.
You know, those minor issues like airlines shutting down several DDF users accounts.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline elizmm

• View Profile
    • 404 - Page not found
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 12:37:44 AM »
You know, those minor issues like airlines shutting down several DDF users accounts.
The good ole ddf days were much easier and relaxed, it was a smaller and more of a "group", I was from the first signups and read often but never started posting until recently. With big deal sites come big responsibilities.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 12:56:55 AM »
The good ole ddf days were much easier and relaxed, it was a smaller and more of a "group", I was from the first signups and read often but never started posting until recently. With big deal sites come big responsibilities.
What the heck does that have to do with your accusations that I did what I did only to protect my own tuchas as opposed to protecting the tuchases of DDF users after confirmed reports of several banned mileage accounts from airline audit lurkers?

And if you saw the ugliness and fights of what the FB page was descending into you'd have done the same thing.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline elizmm

• View Profile
    • 404 - Page not found
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 01:01:33 AM »
What the heck does that have to do with your accusations that I did what I did only to protect my own tuchas as opposed to protecting the tuchases of DDF users after confirmed reports of several banned mileage accounts from airline audit lurkers?

And if you saw the ugliness and fights of what the FB page was descending into you'd have done the same thing.
Who is accusing anyone? Never intended it that way, not sure how you got that from what I wrote.

You are not micuyov to host any selling especially if it can hurt you.

I was saying that in th early days buying and selling and other types of deals could be done openly because it was more of a group of so to speak "insiders" eventually it came big enough that airlines came knocking on the doors and killed the fun..

btw I saw the stuff on FB it was basically 3 guys fighting between themselves about how much of a cut brokers should take. It was getting annoying but I am sure it would of died down.

In general DD FB is sort of a place with no defined purpose the posts are so random, but that is also a good thing.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:05:28 AM by elizmm »

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 05:27:20 AM »
Why not post a detailed warning about the risks, and let ppl take the risk if they so (stupidly) choose?
After all, ppl are having Chase accounts shut down for various activities but discussions about maximing 4bm's and small Freedom purchases are still allowed?

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 05:30:55 AM »
Why not post a detailed warning about the risks, and let ppl take the risk if they so (stupidly) choose?
After all, ppl are having Chase accounts shut down for various activities but discussions about maximing 4bm's and small Freedom purchases are still allowed?
What's in it for Dan. You really think he needs the headache of subpoenas and legal action?
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 05:41:10 AM »
What's in it for Dan. You really think he needs the headache of subpoenas and legal action?
If that's the issue, that he'll face legal problems, then of course he shouldn't.
From his post, it sounded like the only problem was for the posters, who had their account shut down.

@Any Lawyers
Would Dan have more legal headaches for DDF, since it's his, than he would on his FB page which isn't 'his' per-say?

Offline vintastic16

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 08:33:22 AM »
I doubt legal actions could be or would be taken. However, big companies can exert tremendous force and pressure to get what they want, it's not worth going down that road with them.

Offline whacked1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 09:38:26 AM »
I know I'm new here but I don't get it, why should Dan let it remain on the site? That will only create a definite presence of agencies just waiting to shut ppl down! (not only the ones that post in that thread). If ppl want to sell their miles than open any paper and there's 10 diff ads of buyers!

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 10:03:04 AM »
I know I'm new here but I don't get it, why should Dan let it remain on the site? That will only create a definite presence of agencies just waiting to shut ppl down! (not only the ones that post in that thread). If ppl want to sell their miles than open any paper and there's 10 diff ads of buyers!

+1
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 11:04:14 AM »
Who is accusing anyone? Never intended it that way, not sure how you got that from what I wrote.

You are not micuyov to host any selling especially if it can hurt you.

I was saying that in th early days buying and selling and other types of deals could be done openly because it was more of a group of so to speak "insiders" eventually it came big enough that airlines came knocking on the doors and killed the fun..

btw I saw the stuff on FB it was basically 3 guys fighting between themselves about how much of a cut brokers should take. It was getting annoying but I am sure it would of died down.

In general DD FB is sort of a place with no defined purpose the posts are so random, but that is also a good thing.

Couldn't have said it better, i didn't think what u wrote was in an accusing way either, but it's part of life. The fact is the forums did become way too open and public, and therefore dan's right to shut it down imo.

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 02:47:35 PM »
I doubt legal actions could be or would be taken. However, big companies can exert tremendous force and pressure to get what they want, it's not worth going down that road with them.
Didn't the AA gc selling cause possible legal concerns?