Topic Wiki

yuneeq, ChaimMoskowitz, and sometimes a couple other members talk about some Canadian game.
« Last edited by jj1000 on May 17, 2017, 10:02:20 AM »

Author Topic: NHL Master Thread  (Read 428164 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: NHL Master Thread
« Reply #3020 on: October 27, 2021, 08:17:55 PM »
When you’re part of the front office management? Abso-freaking-lutely.
Regarding the players:

Others involved - NHLPA Director Donald Fehr was contacted in 2010 by Beach and ignored him. Even the NHL itself denied an investigation just a few months ago.
I added some things to the post above.

I agree the front office is responsible. Who exactly I will let them sort it out.

Now the players knowing about the allegations and making derogatory remarks to him are two different issues. Action should be taken for the remarks but I see no responsibility on their part for the allegations.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: October 27, 2021, 08:33:32 PM »
I added some things to the post above.

I agree the front office is responsible. Who exactly I will let them sort it out.

Now the players knowing about the allegations and making derogatory remarks to him are two different issues. Action should be taken for the remarks but I see no responsibility on their part for the allegations.

I also hold the players accountable for being involved in the recent coverup. When the allegations were brought to light, the team denied the story and only a few players came forward to corroborate the claims.
Visibly Jewish

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: October 27, 2021, 08:43:46 PM »
I also hold the players accountable for being involved in the recent coverup. When the allegations were brought to light, the team denied the story and only a few players came forward to corroborate the claims.
Ok I am a little confused. When you say players you are talking about Ice Hog players?
What players with knowledge of what happened denied it? I didn't read the whole report but what I did read doesn't support what you are saying.

Remember we are talking about allegations. According to the report both of the two individuals lied.

ETA: Where in the report do you see there was a coverup reported?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 08:51:30 PM by CountValentine »

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile

Offline A3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
NHL Master Thread
« Reply #3024 on: October 27, 2021, 09:59:55 PM »
It happened during the busiest time of year, the accuser was eventually let go along with some other staff. The players were young and immature and just like Mr. Beach didn't know better, neither did the players.

I don't think this was a cover-up of epic proportions. If this was a criminal case, Mr. Beach should have consulted with his agent and filed the complaint with the appropriate authorities. Aren't agents supposed to guide players as well?

Either way, this is not on the players. Not on the captain, Kane, Keith, etc.

'IMO'
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 10:07:11 PM by A3 »

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: October 27, 2021, 10:03:46 PM »
Either way, this is on the players.
Did you mean "not on"?

Offline A3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: October 27, 2021, 10:07:26 PM »
Did you mean "not on"?
Thanks for proofreading. ;). Corrected.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: October 27, 2021, 10:10:34 PM »
Thanks for proofreading. ;). Corrected.
I only pointed it out because I agree.  :)

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: October 27, 2021, 11:38:08 PM »
Ok I am a little confused. When you say players you are talking about Ice Hog players?
What players with knowledge of what happened denied it? I didn't read the whole report but what I did read doesn't support what you are saying.

Remember we are talking about allegations. According to the report both of the two individuals lied.

He was practicing with the blackhawks during that period and all the players were aware of what happened, according to Beach, and multiple players that were there.

“ RW: So, when (then-teammates) Nick Boynton and Brent Sopel say everybody knew in that locker room, you think they were telling the truth?
KB: I 100 per cent believe both of them and I haven’t spoken to either of them since the last time I would have ran into them at a training camp. I do not know them, I do not have a personal relationship with them, I do not have their phone numbers, I have not spoken to them. So, for them to come forward, to corroborate the story, I owe them a huge thank you as I do Paul Vincent, yourself, and many, many others. (Former Blackhawks associate coach) John Torchetti, my family, and friends for supporting me, my girlfriend Bianca for being there for me every single day. Because reliving this and having to dig back to those memories for the investigation, for the lawsuit, having to tell my story over and over has not been easy. It’s been the hardest thing I’ve ever gone through, but at the same time, it’s a huge step I realize now in the healing process. But for those individuals who came forward early on with absolutely nothing to gain, they’re heroes to me. They really are. Because when I was alone, I was afraid and I was scared, I didn’t think I could turn to anyone. Even when this first came out, the Blackhawks denied it. They said they did an investigation. They said my claims were meritless. To me, I took that as them saying to the world that I was a liar, that I was lying. And to have these individuals like Paul Vincent, like Nick Boynton, Torchetti and Sopel come forward, then I knew I wasn’t alone. And I could never thank them enough for doing that, because it gave me the strength to continue forward with this.”

https://www.tsn.ca/kyle-beach-john-doe-1.1712468
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: October 27, 2021, 11:45:54 PM »

I don’t know which 2 individuals you are referring to, and what you consider allegations. At this point it’s an known accepted truth that there was rape and the front office didn’t let that bother them. The rapist followed it up by raping another person in the org while the front office allowed the rapist to participate in the Stanley cup celebrations.
Visibly Jewish

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: October 28, 2021, 12:18:52 AM »
He was practicing with the blackhawks during that period and all the players were aware of what happened,
"The Black Aces practiced at a separate rink from the Blackhawks and were typically not coached or trained by the Blackhawks’ training and coaching staff."   
I don’t know which 2 individuals you are referring to,
Aldrich and John Doe. Both of them have different stories than the women. The women has no reason to lie.
"The woman who came to Aldrich’s apartment was located and interviewed. She provided an account that corroborated certain aspects of John Doe’s and Aldrich’s accounts, and differed in certain respects as well."
At this point it’s an known accepted truth that there was rape and the front office didn’t let that bother them.
The only known truth at this time is they didn't investigate right away as they should have.

I am going by the report and not the media.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: October 28, 2021, 09:01:03 PM »
Visibly Jewish

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: October 28, 2021, 09:08:26 PM »

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: October 28, 2021, 11:00:34 PM »
WOW!!!
I am impressed with what action is being taken.
"With deep regret and contrition, I announce my resignation as head coach of the Florida Panthers," Quenneville said. "I want to express my sorrow for the pain this young man, Kyle Beach, has suffered. My former team the Blackhawks failed Kyle and I own my share of that. I want to reflect on how all of this happened and take the time to educate myself on ensuring hockey spaces ae safe for everyone."

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: October 29, 2021, 07:14:58 AM »
What should the players have done? The guy was gone and the victim did not make this public.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/blackhawks-captain-s-words-ring-hollow-in-the-face-of-scandal/ar-AAQ4h4Q?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: October 29, 2021, 07:55:26 AM »
What should the players have done? The guy was gone and the victim did not make this public.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/blackhawks-captain-s-words-ring-hollow-in-the-face-of-scandal/ar-AAQ4h4Q?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

It might be a team you root for but you need to get out more.
Visibly Jewish

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: October 29, 2021, 08:09:18 AM »
It might be a team you root for but you need to get out more.
It has nothing to do with a team I root for. What was any player on that or any team supposed to do?

Let me give you an example. It is a well known rumor that Crawford had a coke problem. What should any player have done with that rumor?

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: October 29, 2021, 09:05:47 AM »
It has nothing to do with a team I root for. What was any player on that or any team supposed to do?

Let me give you an example. It is a well known rumor that Crawford had a coke problem. What should any player have done with that rumor?

Drugs - try getting him help?
Sexual assault - here’s what you shouldn’t do - verbally abuse the victim, stick up for the management AFTER they are implicated in the cover up, say that you only care about winning cups and won’t let this problem get in the way, pretend like you didn’t know nothing when other players say it was well-known, don’t corroborate your victimized colleague when his claims were being denied by the team
Visibly Jewish

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: October 29, 2021, 09:43:56 AM »
Sexual assault - here’s what you shouldn’t do - verbally abuse the victim, stick up for the management AFTER they are implicated in the cover up, say that you only care about winning cups and won’t let this problem get in the way, pretend like you didn’t know nothing when other players say it was well-known, don’t corroborate your victimized colleague when his claims were being denied by the team
Valid points but I wouldn't characterize his statement that way. I assume you are talking about Toews statement.

Your points are all what you shouldn't do. Still not one thing the players at the time should have done.

I think the issue being missed is this was an organization issue and not a team issue. The victim was not part of the NHL team. AFAIK he never suited up for a game or even practiced with the team. If you want to hold players responsible the it would be the Ice Hogs.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: October 29, 2021, 05:49:18 PM »
Valid points but I wouldn't characterize his statement that way. I assume you are talking about Toews statement.

Your points are all what you shouldn't do. Still not one thing the players at the time should have done.

I think the issue being missed is this was an organization issue and not a team issue. The victim was not part of the NHL team. AFAIK he never suited up for a game or even practiced with the team. If you want to hold players responsible the it would be the Ice Hogs.

https://www.tsn.ca/sopel-former-blackhawks-teammates-should-be-telling-the-truth-publicly-about-assault-allegations-1.1667495

I don't hold the players responsible for reporting it back then, but I hold some responsible for insulting him back then, and hold all players responsible to report what they knew about the story in 2021 when the lawsuits surfaced and were denied publicly by everyone connected to the blackhawks. Especially the captain, who has gone on record (after the report) defending management and pretending that he knew nothing about anything. Take responsibility and move forward in the right direction. Even the team and owner has apologized now and is trying to correct things, bad motivations or otherwise.
Visibly Jewish