Author Topic: Hall of Fame: In or Out?  (Read 1092 times)

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Hall of Fame: In or Out?
« on: February 07, 2013, 11:33:56 PM »
Was debating at the office about a few players qualifications. Feel free to bring up your own (in any sport) as it makes for great conversation.

Ben Wallace (Remember that Dennis Rodman got in)

Chris Bosh

Vince Carter

Offline dhalpern1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Priority Club Platinum Elite
Re: Hall of Fame: In or Out?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 11:39:23 PM »
Was debating at the office about a few players qualifications. Feel free to bring up your own (in any sport) as it makes for great conversation.

Ben Wallace (Remember that Dennis Rodman got in)

Chris Bosh

Vince Carter

All 3 out.  Im a hall of fame elitist, I think that only the best of the best should be in. Wallace was a great rebounder but Rodman was in a different category. Bosh hasnt done anything yet. Carter could have been if not for injuries.

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 11:49:24 PM »
All 3 out.  Im a hall of fame elitist, I think that only the best of the best should be in. Wallace was a great rebounder but Rodman was in a different category. Bosh hasnt done anything yet. Carter could have been if not for injuries.

Jury is out on Bosh and I say no to Carter but I think Wallace is definitely in. He won DPOY 4 Times and was the best rebounder in the league for several years. Just as valuable as Rodman IMHO

Offline dhalpern1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Priority Club Platinum Elite
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 12:00:58 AM »
Jury is out on Bosh and I say no to Carter but I think Wallace is definitely in. He won DPOY 4 Times and was the best rebounder in the league for several years. Just as valuable as Rodman IMHO

I see Wallace's value as an excellent defender and great rebounder. Rodman however had 7 straight league leading years averaging 15 rebounds a game (i took the liberty of rounding up 14.9 one year).  Thats dominance.

Not to take anything away from Ben, he was a great rebounder, but only led the league 2x. IMHO, you need to do better than lead the league in rebounds 2x, blocks 1x and defensive POY 4 year to make the HOF. Especially, when you dont score or do anything else.