Author Topic: STUCK IN ROME-December's Delta Newark-TLV via Alitalia, KLM, AirFrance Problrm  (Read 1423 times)

Offline yudkay

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I got in on December's deal through Orbitz and booked for late August. Yesterday, Feb. 7, I recieved a message from Orbitz that my TLV-Rome leg was changed to a later time. I immediately contacted Delta as I realized that I would miss my Rome-Newark connection with this change. Lo and behold, Delta advised me that they no longer have a flight direct to NYC from Rome through any carrier. They claim they advised Orbitz on Jan. 19. I inquired about upgrading to a nonstop TLV-NYC. The agent intimated that it may be worthwhile to hold off on canceling the ticket as it is entirely likely that the recent nonstop upgrade offer may open again in the future. They did say I can cancel and get a refund without penalty. So here I sit, hoping for a workaround, hopefully for the better.

Offline DG

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
I would call Orbitz - they will probably book you direct or give you an entirely alternate routing for free because it was a carrier-initiated switch. If they don't, hang up and call again - shouldn't be too difficult to convince them to do as it is Delta/Orbitz's issue to find a route for you...

Offline mendoul

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Flying blue Gold Petroleum, BMI Gold, Accord hotel platinium, Avis gold, Aegean Gold
arrange a delta/orbitz/you conference call
mendy

Offline yudkay

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
remember this dead-end? So, we followed Delta's Advice back in February to hold out for a non-stop offering. It never happened. I finally called and spent the whole afternoon yesterday, HUCAping around with them without getting a break. In fact, they informed me that they had changed us from the non-existent 1hr Rome layover to a 4hr layover in Amsterdam. I said, not fair - put us on a non-stop. I was talking to the wall. One rep even denied that they had non-stop service!
Along comes my "Shemzach-nisht" wife and gets into a nice woman-to-woman talk with a Delta rep. She walked away with round-trip non-stop, extended the stay from 5 days to 2 weeks, changed to better dates for us - confirmed itinerary - No Charge for the changes!
Eretz Yisroel here we come, b'revach!

Offline Jkhein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
remember this dead-end? So, we followed Delta's Advice back in February to hold out for a non-stop offering. It never happened. I finally called and spent the whole afternoon yesterday, HUCAping around with them without getting a break. In fact, they informed me that they had changed us from the non-existent 1hr Rome layover to a 4hr layover in Amsterdam. I said, not fair - put us on a non-stop. I was talking to the wall. One rep even denied that they had non-stop service!
Along comes my "Shemzach-nisht" wife and gets into a nice woman-to-woman talk with a Delta rep. She walked away with round-trip non-stop, extended the stay from 5 days to 2 weeks, changed to better dates for us - confirmed itinerary - No Charge for the changes!
Nice!!

Offline nutcase

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Nice congrats!
we should start a new thread when It is worth it to get your wife to call!