Author Topic: Dan quoted in TBB!  (Read 4402 times)

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: Dan quoted in TBB!
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, 11:23:50 AM »
http://saverocity.com/pfdigest/another-darn-blogs-like-list/
"It’s not hard to find hand-wringing about bloggers selling out and prioritizing money over content. Dan’s Deals shows that that being commercial (and presumably profitable) isn’t ipso facto a bad thing. It’s interesting that while many people hate on certain other sites that shall remain nameless here, there aren’t too many who hate on Dan. He puts a lot of great deals and information out there, plus the forums there have some stuff you won’t find anywhere else on the interwebs."
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline SamKey

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: If I'm there I can't be here and if I'm here I can't be there
  • Programs: National EE; Hertz PC; Sixt Plt; Avis First; Hilton Gold; Priority Club Plt; West Bestern DE; Carlson Club GE; Accor PLT
Re: Dan quoted in TBB!
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 11:29:50 AM »
"It’s not hard to find hand-wringing about bloggers selling out and prioritizing money over content. Dan’s Deals shows that that being commercial (and presumably profitable) isn’t ipso facto a bad thing. It’s interesting that while many people hate on certain other sites that shall remain nameless here, there aren’t too many who hate on Dan. He puts a lot of great deals and information out there, plus the forums there have some stuff you won’t find anywhere else on the interwebs."
WOW!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Dan!
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 01:09:07 AM »
This post and the comments there made me feel a little better about hitting another milestone age, http://travelbloggerbuzz.com/bluebird-vs-target-redbird-dansdeals-is-10-ihg-rewards-pointbreaks-get-20-nights-free-japanese-monkeys/
Happy B-Day and don't change.  ;)

And pretty hard to not be awed by what he has been able to accomplish in this space doing it in his own style. Most commercial bloggers have moved on and now just pretend to be deal experts when Dan has managed to stay in touch with the true hobbyists and monetized to high levels.
I just found a new supply of forks!