Author Topic: Share your funniest/craziest/scariest/most memorable FLIGHTS here  (Read 15372 times)

Offline Suave

• DansDeals Developer
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
    • SWIZU Web Development
  • Programs: Photoshop
Re: Share your funniest/craziest/scariest/most memorable FLIGHTS here
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2013, 10:21:35 PM »
I hate when threads get hijacked by "gezhe" lubabs.
DDMS Built with ♥ by SWIZU

Offline dirah

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2013, 10:34:55 PM »
I think he was being sarcastic.
I thought it was obvious.

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2013, 01:30:57 AM »
I thought it was obvious.

It was, to me. Clearly not to him, though.

Offline DrDanny

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2013, 04:58:18 AM »
MIA - DTW 1st class  a couple weeks ago I sat next to a very farsheited atheist who wouldn't shut up and was trying to convert me to his beliefs he was a smart and educated college professor so for the first half hour or so we argued civilly and I was almost enjoying it ( I say almost cause I paid for Gogo and couldn't use it cause he wouldn't shut up) as it was very intellectually stimulating
but as he drank more and got drunker - he was ordering double shots every 15 minutes - he was almost screaming at me and calling me names I even tried to fake sleep when he went to the bathroom but he tapped me on the shoulder ( by tapped I mean the kind of tap that gives you a dead arm) .... the flight couldn't end soon enough although at the end he apologized,  thanked me and said he liked my answers, felt good but not enough to make up for 3 hours of harassment.

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2013, 05:27:47 AM »
MIA - DTW 1st class  a couple weeks ago I sat next to a very farsheited atheist who wouldn't shut up and was trying to convert me to his beliefs he was a smart and educated college professor so for the first half hour or so we argued civilly and I was almost enjoying it ( I say almost cause I paid for Gogo and couldn't use it cause he wouldn't shut up) as it was very intellectually stimulating
but as he drank more and got drunker - he was ordering double shots every 15 minutes - he was almost screaming at me and calling me names I even tried to fake sleep when he went to the bathroom but he tapped me on the shoulder ( by tapped I mean the kind of tap that gives you a dead arm) .... the flight couldn't end soon enough although at the end he apologized,  thanked me and said he liked my answers, felt good but not enough to make up for 3 hours of harassment.

If I were you, I would ask the airline for compensation for ruining your comfort by continuing to serve alcohol to someone who clearly had way more than enough.

Offline outsider

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Capital One Enthusiast
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2013, 12:24:19 PM »
Amazing, I knew I remembered this from somewhere.  Came across my feed from a FB follower of mine not too long ago, though he is a "lubav".
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151345417025351&set=pb.548435350.-2207520000.1361346847&type=3&theater.
What a small world.
Wow great find, I guess the story is true, I did hear that there were some lubav and others who got the dandeals glitch on the flight too.
It's what is on the outside that matters

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2013, 12:32:09 PM »
Once took a flight down south, i Davened in the airport but didn't have a chance to put on Rabeinu Tam's Tefillin. so as soon as we reached cruising altitude I took out my Tefillin and started putting them on. I had the bulkhead and the flight attendant was in the galley with her back to me. When she turned around the look on her face was priceless and she screamed "Whats that?". i made a Rak Rega motion with my finger and once I finished putting them on I explained it her, she started laughing and says in a southern accent "oh! I thought it was some tearorist stuff or sometin'".

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2013, 12:39:24 PM »
Another time I was flying and the FA comes over to ask me what I want to drink, after I told her what I want she takes out a sealed package of cups, ripped it open and without touching any of the cups hands it to me so I should take a cup. When I looked at her quizzically she told me "My grandfather is religious so I know you can't drink from a cup I touched" ???

Offline outsider

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2013, 12:49:52 PM »
Another time I was flying and the FA comes over to ask me what I want to drink, after I told her what I want she takes out a sealed package of cups, ripped it open and without touching any of the cups hands it to me so I should take a cup. When I looked at her quizzically she told me "My grandfather is religious so I know you can't drink from a cup I touched" ???
and you then got her in touch with a shliach?

Offline elikay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2013, 12:55:22 PM »
::)

Offline dirah

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2013, 12:56:04 PM »
heard from a family with a few kids (non-lubav) who got tickets with the dansdeals glitch, he said his plane in jfk on aa going to england hit another plane on the runway and they had to go back to the terminal, since it was last flight out and the plane they hit was the next england aa plane they had to rebook him direct on elal and they also changed the way back to direct on elal.
Wow great find, I guess the story is true, I did hear that there were some lubav and others who got the dandeals glitch on the flight too.
Wow, we're really onto something here...
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2013, 01:00:46 PM »
Syam sapozhnik... ;)

Offline outsider

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2013, 01:05:48 PM »
Wow, we're really onto something here...
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
what do you mean?

Offline RT

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2013, 01:09:13 PM »
As a bochur was once coming back home LHR-JFK with my friend, we were running late to the airport and came to the desk too late to book seats together so we each got seats on different ends of the plane....
Im lugging my carry on and searching for my seat... if i remember correctly it was way back, in the middle seat, no aisle, no window, SUCKED!
Im starting to unload my stuff when this girl sitting next to me, pipes up:
"Can you please help me and my friend"
"She REALLY wants to sit next to me, i was hoping you could agree to switch seats with her"
I nod "sure why not", im thinking, anything would be better than this crappy seat..
Then comes the bombshell, wait for it...
"She has a seat in First Class but she'd rather come sit next to me....your sure you dont mind?"
All i could muster was a sarcastic: "uuuum i dont know.....maybe.... i have to think... FOR SURE ILL TAKE IT"
The rest as you all know was a dream come true... From the free Bose QC headphones to the First Class fruit platters and Kosher food... THE BEDS... A DREAM COME TRUE

What is wrong with that girl??

Offline satturn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Kotel Security Pass
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2013, 01:21:33 PM »
I was on a delta flight- tlv -nyc. The flight was full- and for some reason we where just sitting there and they were not moving. After about a half hour+ of just waiting - many pople starting getting fidgety and started moving around, going to the bathroom, getting stuff from overhead storage etc. I asked a pasing FA why we were delayed? She got really upset- and said "it is always the tel aviv flight that are full of all those rude obnoxious people who never listen and never sit down when asked- we decided to hold the flight until everyone is fully seated- and then we will give the captain the go ahead to depart!"

I was shocked- first of all how could these FA just delay a flight like that- and second of all the- " always the tel aviv" flight reference sounded very borderline anti Semitic. (i dont claim that often).

At that point the person behind me got very upset with the FA remark and was venting to everyone around her, that she will report it etc.

About 5 min later the captain gets on the mike and says "we are really sorry for this delay- we are having trouble closing one of the cargo hatches- we should be able to fix it in another x amount of min"

At that point i was disgusted with what the FA had said- it was sounding more like she had a chip on her shoulder aainst the tlv flights.

The person behind me called the FA over and told her very nicly that she is planning on reporting her for lying and making anti semetic comment on the plane. The FA got very defensive and gave some rude answer and walked away.

A few min later i see the captain and the head FA walking over. They went over to the person behind us and told her they where removing her from the flight for "threatening the FA"

All the PAX in the vicinity went crazy- screaming at the captain that she was a liar and that never happend- and this is what "really" happend.

The captain then decided to let her stay as long as she promised to behave!

He then told the head FA to switch that FA with someone else from a different area on the plane.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2013, 01:24:53 PM »
I was on a delta flight- tlv -nyc. The flight was full- and for some reason we where just sitting there and they were not moving. After about a half hour+ of just waiting - many pople starting getting fidgety and started moving around, going to the bathroom, getting stuff from overhead storage etc. I asked a pasing FA why we were delayed? She got really upset- and said "it is always the tel aviv flight that are full of all those rude obnoxious people who never listen and never sit down when asked- we decided to hold the flight until everyone is fully seated- and then we will give the captain the go ahead to depart!"

I was shocked- first of all how could these FA just delay a flight like that- and second of all the- " always the tel aviv" flight reference sounded very borderline anti Semitic. (i dont claim that often).

At that point the person behind me got very upset with the FA remark and was venting to everyone around her, that she will report it etc.

About 5 min later the captain gets on the mike and says "we are really sorry for this delay- we are having trouble closing one of the cargo hatches- we should be able to fix it in another x amount of min"

At that point i was disgusted with what the FA had said- it was sounding more like she had a chip on her shoulder aainst the tlv flights.

The person behind me called the FA over and told her very nicly that she is planning on reporting her for lying and making anti semetic comment on the plane. The FA got very defensive and gave some rude answer and walked away.

A few min later i see the captain and the head FA walking over. They went over to the person behind us and told her they where removing her from the flight for "threatening the FA"

All the PAX in the vicinity went crazy- screaming at the captain that she was a liar and that never happend- and this is what "really" happend.

The captain then decided to let her stay as long as she promised to behave!

He then told the head FA to switch that FA with someone else from a different area on the plane.

In all fairness whenever I fly I also feel its only the TLV flights that are packed with people taking their merry old time, not sitting down, and not listening.

#justsaying
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline RoboJam

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2013, 02:12:38 PM »
What is wrong with that girl??
Shes most definitely NOT a DDFer!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is to serve as a bad example

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2013, 02:24:28 PM »
Shes most definitely NOT a DDFer!
Meh. I've given up my F seat to sit with my wife and kid. Though just domestic.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2013, 02:35:01 PM »
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2013, 02:51:57 PM »
Meh. I've given up my F seat to sit with my wife and kid. Though just domestic.
I'd give up F for my wife but for a friend?!