Author Topic: Share your funniest/craziest/scariest/most memorable FLIGHTS here  (Read 15373 times)

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Share your funniest/craziest/scariest/most memorable FLIGHTS here
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2013, 02:53:07 PM »
I'd give up F for my wife but for a friend?!

If you have a good friend that you want to sit next to?

Not so crazy.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline RoboJam

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2013, 02:55:19 PM »
Meh. I've given up my F seat to sit with my wife and kid. Though just domestic.
I'd give up F for my wife but for a friend?!
My wife would appreciate it most if Id give her my F seat and I go sit with the kids.  ;D ;D

It may be that my sole purpose in life is to serve as a bad example

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2013, 02:59:31 PM »
My wife would appreciate it most if Id give her my F seat and I go sit with the kids.  ;D ;D
As would mine :D
I did that a few times before the kid when I got an upgrade, but nowadays with a kid he would just be saying "Mom, mom" until he got her.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2013, 03:06:13 PM »
In all fairness whenever I fly I also feel its only the TLV flights that are packed with people taking their merry old time, not sitting down, and not listening.

#justsaying
Every plane that lands in TLV has people standing and on the phone way before other places. Its an amazing thing.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline RoboJam

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2013, 03:10:44 PM »
As would mine :D
I did that a few times before the kid when I got an upgrade, but nowadays with a kid he would just be saying "Mom, mom" until he got her.
+1 For you. I dont know if id have such an easy time giving up my seat.

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2013, 03:13:34 PM »
Every plane that lands in TLV has people standing and on the phone way before other places. Its an amazing thing.

As the story is told, a plane lands in JFK and the captain comes on the PA, "thanks for flying with us, all those sitting Happy X-Mas, all those standing, Happy Chanukah"

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2013, 03:17:10 PM »
As the story is told, a plane lands in JFK and the captain comes on the PA, "thanks for flying with us, all those sitting Happy X-Mas, all those standing, Happy Chanukah"
Thats great!
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Shmelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2013, 03:33:28 PM »
I was on a delta flight- tlv -nyc. The flight was full- and for some reason we where just sitting there and they were not moving. After about a half hour+ of just waiting - many pople starting getting fidgety and started moving around, going to the bathroom, getting stuff from overhead storage etc. I asked a pasing FA why we were delayed? She got really upset- and said "it is always the tel aviv flight that are full of all those rude obnoxious people who never listen and never sit down when asked- we decided to hold the flight until everyone is fully seated- and then we will give the captain the go ahead to depart!"

I was shocked- first of all how could these FA just delay a flight like that- and second of all the- " always the tel aviv" flight reference sounded very borderline anti Semitic. (i dont claim that often).

At that point the person behind me got very upset with the FA remark and was venting to everyone around her, that she will report it etc.

About 5 min later the captain gets on the mike and says "we are really sorry for this delay- we are having trouble closing one of the cargo hatches- we should be able to fix it in another x amount of min"

At that point i was disgusted with what the FA had said- it was sounding more like she had a chip on her shoulder aainst the tlv flights.

The person behind me called the FA over and told her very nicly that she is planning on reporting her for lying and making anti semetic comment on the plane. The FA got very defensive and gave some rude answer and walked away.
Similar story. AA or DL (I can't remember, was 10 years ago) flight AMS-NYC. I went to the back to ask for a drink to take my pills. The FA was busy flirting with a girl back there, so I waited politely a couple feet away for his conversation to be over. After a couple minutes of standing there awkwardly the seatbelt light turns on, so he looks up and asks me why I'm not seated. I told him I just want a drink to take my pills. To which he angrily responded "all you people think you don't have to follow the rules!".

I got 10K miles for writing a letter about it to the airline.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2013, 04:12:13 PM »
In all fairness whenever I fly I also feel its only the TLV flights that are packed with people taking their merry old time, not sitting down, and not listening.

#justsaying
+1
Disgusts me
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline rots5

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2013, 04:29:57 PM »
+1
Disgusts me
i think we all feel the same though, honestly i think it happens by the non-jews as well. were just more aware of it by jews, bec we get more embarrassed that 'one of us' can behave that way
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline MosheP

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2013, 04:41:53 PM »
It has nothing to do with being Jewish, flights to TLV are mostly made up of 2 distinct demographics, Israelis and New Yorkers. Those 2 demographics happen to be the most impatient and non-cooperative. Fill an airplane ~80% with them and of course they'll be racing to get off.

Offline rots5

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2013, 04:42:33 PM »
It has nothing to do with being Jewish, flights to TLV are mostly made up of 2 distinct demographics, Israelis and New Yorkers. Those 2 demographics happen to be the most impatient and non-cooperative. Fill an airplane ~80% with them and of course they'll be racing to get off.
lol  :)
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline yehuda S

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2013, 07:10:37 PM »
Maybe they are both racing to get away from each other.   ;D
Work is what you do between vacations.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2013, 07:13:24 PM »

Flight from Switzerland, Germany, Korea, Paris, and all over the world are filled mostly with New Yorkers?

And I have nothing against it, living in a faster pace is a compliment.

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2013, 09:52:48 PM »
Anyone ever fly on Air Asia flight within Thailand? Love to see the Israelis and Chinese compete for who is more rude and obnoxious. As soon as they hit the ground everyone is taking down their bags and standing in the aisles. On the positive side, the planes board and deplane in under 5 minutes

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2013, 10:31:09 PM »
Anyone ever fly on Air Asia flight within Thailand? Love to see the Israelis and Chinese compete for who is more rude and obnoxious. As soon as they hit the ground everyone is taking down their bags and standing in the aisles. On the positive side, the planes board and deplane in under 5 minutes
An Israeli cuts the line and sticks it to you, a Chinese at least tries to hide it.

Offline RoboJam

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2013, 10:32:59 PM »
An Israeli cuts the line and sticks it to you, a Chinese at least tries to hide it.
If you think about it, Chinese & Jewish mentalities are similar in more ways than not.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2013, 10:34:28 PM »
If you think about it, Chinese & Jewish mentalities are similar in more ways than not.
Chinese in the West are very different than Chinese in China.

On a side note, an Israeli drive was once driving on a London highway, and got pi$$ed that everyone was calm. So he thinks to himself 'let me see if I can work these British up'. So he starts speeding, swerving between lanes, etc. Suddenly someone starts racing and cursing him. Surprised for a moment, he quickly realizes the entire exchange was in Hebrew.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:39:42 PM by PlatinumGuy »

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2013, 12:03:24 AM »
Read a long time ago in the Hamodia from the guy who does the KSML in ZRH, that he had approached SwissAir (predecessor to SWISS), that he is willing to give a lecture to the FA about the Jewish pax. They said, why do they need it, they have such a % of Muslims, % of this etc. and only a small % of Jews, so why the need of a special class on this matter. He said, let me challenge the FAs to a simple question, and he asks them, whats the flight number to NY? nobody knows, DEL? nobody, BOM? nobody, PVG? again, quiet. Then he pops the million dollar Q, "and whats the flight # to TLV? whoooooo, everyone says LX 256/257.... he asks why does everyone knows this number by heart, when all others no-one knows? they answer him, that when Swiss wants to punish a crew member, they assign them on this route......

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2013, 01:40:51 AM »
Read a long time ago in the Hamodia from the guy who does the KSML in ZRH, that he had approached SwissAir (predecessor to SWISS), that he is willing to give a lecture to the FA about the Jewish pax. They said, why do they need it, they have such a % of Muslims, % of this etc. and only a small % of Jews, so why the need of a special class on this matter. He said, let me challenge the FAs to a simple question, and he asks them, whats the flight number to NY? nobody knows, DEL? nobody, BOM? nobody, PVG? again, quiet. Then he pops the million dollar Q, "and whats the flight # to TLV? whoooooo, everyone says LX 256/257.... he asks why does everyone knows this number by heart, when all others no-one knows? they answer him, that when Swiss wants to punish a crew member, they assign them on this route......
Great story.

Last time I flew LX F, was schmoozing w the FA, she asks me where I bought my ticket. I told her what do you mean, she says is it cheaper to buy from Zurich to the USA, or from the USA to Zurich, you're a Jew you must know.