Author Topic: HTC One  (Read 41404 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: HTC One
« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2014, 12:46:28 PM »
BTW, if anyone is interested, I am selling a BNIB Sprint HTC One for $400 OBO.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2014, 12:49:33 PM »
I am do for an upgrade in 6 weeks, gotta start thinking of what I'm going to get...

In that article it claims that the a coming out the same time.

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2014, 12:51:01 PM »
But please, why are they making the new phones even bigger. the S3 size is good enough for me.
I guess it'll be between the s5 and the htc 1 2

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2014, 01:52:52 PM »
I left home 2.20 hs ago, was at 84% now I'm at 77% with usage.
I'm on power saver.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2014, 06:16:37 PM »
Anyone else get today's upgrade?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2014, 06:57:16 PM »
http://www.pocketables.com/2014/01/sprint-htc-updated-3-05-651-6-fixes-profileprl-bug.html
MEH, I don't have any of those issues, other than LTE not connecting, though we all know that, in my case, it's not a problem with the device  >:(

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2014, 07:04:17 PM »
Location?

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2014, 07:23:19 PM »
Location?
You're asking whether the issue is location or what my location is?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2014, 07:46:15 PM »
Former.

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2014, 08:04:47 PM »
Former.
Bingo (that wasn't too hard I suppose)..

Offline thegoodguy23

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2014, 11:44:19 AM »
But please, why are they making the new phones even bigger. the S3 size is good enough for me.

Phone Companies have started targeting the PC sales. They want us to use mobiles instead of laptops... lol :)

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #192 on: January 22, 2014, 12:28:49 AM »

The Moto X is your friend. I switched from the HTC One, and I'm really happy. And I loved the One. Same screen size, but still a much smaller, more comfortable phone. Can't beat that.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 27, 2014, 10:44:47 AM »
The Moto X is your friend. I switched from the HTC One, and I'm really happy. And I loved the One. Same screen size, but still a much smaller, more comfortable phone. Can't beat that.

Why switch? I think the Moto X is a great device but besides being more comfortable in the hand I don't see how it outweighs the One.

When and if anyone here gets 4.4 on their HTC One can you give us a report? TIA.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #194 on: January 27, 2014, 10:59:10 AM »
Why switch? I think the Moto X is a great device but besides being more comfortable in the hand I don't see how it outweighs the One.

Did you use both? The One is much bigger and heavier. The Moto X is so much more comfortable in the hand it's ridiculous. Holding the One in one hand, my thumb does not reach the top left of the screen.  That the screen size is still the same is incredible.

Aside from that, the camera shortcut and active display are killer features. Touchless control is amazing, and something I use often as a someone who bikes. And battery life - it outlasts my One by a long shot. Then there are smaller improvements like the dimple in the back, Motorla Connect, Motorola Assist, and others.

The HTC One is a great phone, it really is. I would highly recommend it, especially over Samsung (too busy for my liking). It looks beautiful, the speakers in the front is a great touch, it's fast and I even liked Blinkfeed (Which Flipboard doesn't truly replicate).

But  -IMHO -the Moto X is simply a more comfortable, more intuitive, longer lasting, and, above all, more practical device than the One - and that is saying a lot.

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2014, 11:11:01 AM »
Did you use both? The One is much bigger and heavier. The Moto X is so much more comfortable in the hand it's ridiculous. Holding the One in one hand, my thumb does not reach the top left of the screen.  That the screen size is still the same is incredible.

Aside from that, the camera shortcut and active display are killer features. Touchless control is amazing, and something I use often as a someone who bikes. And battery life - it outlasts my One by a long shot. Then there are smaller improvements like the dimple in the back, Motorla Connect, Motorola Assist, and others.

The HTC One is a great phone, it really is. I would highly recommend it, especially over Samsung (too busy for my liking). It looks beautiful, the speakers in the front is a great touch, it's fast and I even liked Blinkfeed (Which Flipboard doesn't truly replicate).

But  -IMHO -the Moto X is simply a more comfortable, more intuitive, longer lasting, and, above all, more practical device than the One - and that is saying a lot.

It all depends on people's needs..
Moto might be a "sports device" while One is the multitasker's best friend..

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2014, 11:21:27 AM »

Sounds about right. Except for the battery life. IME they lasted about the same. But yes, the Moto X does feel great in the hand. I almost switched myself. I wasn't asking in a tone of why in the world would you switch. I was curious what made you switch.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2014, 11:25:14 AM »
It all depends on people's needs..

1000%  Al taam vareach... Each of the phones are great, I simply was responding as to why I chose the one I did.

Moto might be a "sports device" while One is the multitasker's best friend..

I multitask quite heavily. I quite prefer the X's recent app display to the One's.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2014, 11:32:09 AM »
Sounds about right. Except for the battery life. IME they lasted about the same. But yes, the Moto X does feel great in the hand. I almost switched myself. I wasn't asking in a tone of why in the world would you switch. I was curious what made you switch.

IME - the X can take me through from 7:00am to midnight. The HTC was done at around 7-8pm.

I understood your tone. I hope my answer was clear.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2014, 11:56:29 AM »
          When and if anyone here gets 4.4 on their HTC One can you give us a report? TIA.

Not sure if you knew/were reefering to this but:

http://bgr.com/2014/01/27/htc-one-kitkat-update-download-release-soon/