Author Topic: HTC One  (Read 41409 times)

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: HTC One
« Reply #220 on: February 24, 2014, 09:21:51 AM »
Seen reports online with complaints (just like there are complaints about every single product out there), though I've seen a bit much about battery drainage hence I've been very reluctant until now..
How's the battery?

Honestly, I was thinking that maybe my battery is draining faster but I also just swapped out my HTC for a replacement right around the same time.  If there is a loss of battery performance it's just slightly. Meanwhile the upgrade doesn't bring much IMO so if you're worried I'd leave your phone as is.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 24, 2014, 10:07:18 PM »
Honestly, I was thinking that maybe my battery is draining faster but I also just swapped out my HTC for a replacement right around the same time.  If there is a loss of battery performance it's just slightly. Meanwhile the upgrade doesn't bring much IMO so if you're worried I'd leave your phone as is.
I think I actually will.
Honestly, no time to play around with the phone anyway, and I'm happy as it is.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline YG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 24, 2014, 10:26:48 PM »
I'm going to miss the design and build of this phone and I am  definitely going to miss the screen which is ridiculously sharp, (is there a higher pixel density around today than this screen?) And photos are a big thing for me so the screen is a big factor, but I'm just not gettting used go it after ten days and looks like I'm gonna have to go back to iPhone (ghasp!)

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 24, 2014, 10:30:11 PM »
I'm going to miss the design and build of this phone and I am  definitely going to miss the screen which is ridiculously sharp, (is there a higher pixel density around today than this screen?) And photos are a big thing for me so the screen is a big factor, but I'm just not gettting used go it after ten days and looks like I'm gonna have to go back to iPhone (ghasp!)

What are you not getting used to?

Offline YG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2014, 07:46:38 AM »
Issues I can think of off the top of my head in ascending order:

-The OS is totally different.  This is not necessarily a chesoron - I understand that the OS on this phone apparently has lots of incredible features, just that I am very used to iOS and know how to do everything I need with it quickly and smoothly, and I find myself not knowing how to do things on this phone, and frankly I don't have the patience to starting learning the ins and outs of a whole new OS now (not a tech invalid at all, quick learner, but its still time consuming, and I don't see the need to go down that road).

-The size (unwieldy in one hand - LOVE the screen size though).

- Most importantly, the screen response to touch doesn't seem to be accurate.  I have already accidentally liked things on Facebook or said I was attending events that made absolutely no sense for me to be responding to a few times when simply trying to scroll down the newsfeed, sometimes when I try to tap on a new field to start typing, it just doesnt respond for like ten taps, and that gets extremely frustrating.

PS did I mention how sharp the screenon this phone is?  It is ridiculous!! puts any other screen I have seen to shame!  468 ppi!!  its insane, and I LOVE that about this phone!!  thats the main reason I hung onto it for so long trying to like it; its not terrible it just continuously frustrates me a little too much.

PPS for someone who likes android and phones in this size, the build of this phone is also a huge plus, it is solid, and so sleek, clean, and it just screams class. just sitting on the table with a blank screen makes one want to pick it up.

EDIT - the camera is also attrocious.  Photos are always extremely yellow.  there maybe a setting somewhere that I have to change to reset the color temp or something like that, but I dont see why the stock camera settings should make no sense.  another deal breaker for me.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 25, 2014, 09:40:50 AM »
Issues I can think of off the top of my head in ascending order:

-The OS is totally different.  This is not necessarily a chesoron - I understand that the OS on this phone apparently has lots of incredible features, just that I am very used to iOS and know how to do everything I need with it quickly and smoothly, and I find myself not knowing how to do things on this phone, and frankly I don't have the patience to starting learning the ins and outs of a whole new OS now (not a tech invalid at all, quick learner, but its still time consuming, and I don't see the need to go down that road).

-The size (unwieldy in one hand - LOVE the screen size though).

- Most importantly, the screen response to touch doesn't seem to be accurate.  I have already accidentally liked things on Facebook or said I was attending events that made absolutely no sense for me to be responding to a few times when simply trying to scroll down the newsfeed, sometimes when I try to tap on a new field to start typing, it just doesnt respond for like ten taps, and that gets extremely frustrating.

PS did I mention how sharp the screenon this phone is?  It is ridiculous!! puts any other screen I have seen to shame!  468 ppi!!  its insane, and I LOVE that about this phone!!  thats the main reason I hung onto it for so long trying to like it; its not terrible it just continuously frustrates me a little too much.

PPS for someone who likes android and phones in this size, the build of this phone is also a huge plus, it is solid, and so sleek, clean, and it just screams class. just sitting on the table with a blank screen makes one want to pick it up.

EDIT - the camera is also attrocious.  Photos are always extremely yellow.  there maybe a setting somewhere that I have to change to reset the color temp or something like that, but I dont see why the stock camera settings should make no sense.  another deal breaker for me.

So I guess it's just preferences...
 except for the yellow pictures. That doesn't sound right. There was an issues with some HTC One's that have a pink/purple hue to certain pictures but that's something else.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 04, 2014, 12:01:51 AM »
Kid who leaked it and parents probably are in deep trouble of course.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2014, 12:54:58 AM »
Do we know how big the screen is? I didn't watch the video all the way.
Loving the micro sd slot. Nice added touch.

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 04, 2014, 01:07:47 AM »
Do we know how big the screen is?

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 25, 2014, 10:24:10 AM »
So I just got the system update notification for kitkat..
I can even remove the notification..

What's the deal with battery life post kitkat? Any other known issues?

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 25, 2014, 10:35:36 AM »
New HTC one 2014 comes out today for vzw

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 25, 2014, 12:50:42 PM »
I'm liking the launch with same day availability. Anyone order already?

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 25, 2014, 12:55:08 PM »
http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2014/03/25/htc-one-m8-vs-htc-one-2013-whats-changed-spec-wise/

I was hoping they'd keep it the same width. By now it's just as wide as the galaxy s4 and others.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #234 on: March 25, 2014, 01:01:02 PM »
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 25, 2014, 02:54:59 PM »
No removable battery....
Why? Why?....

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #236 on: March 25, 2014, 03:12:13 PM »
No removable battery....
Why? Why?....

+1

I've come to really hate that. No matter how good they say the battery life is, it never measures up. And even if it did, I'd still want to be able to go for days at a time without needing an outlet.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 25, 2014, 03:13:36 PM »
No removable battery....
Why? Why?....

It would ruin the design which is one of its biggest selling points. The HTC ONE is the first phone I bought with an embedded battery and I have no regrets. Obviously it depends on your personal use but with a car charger for long GPS uses and an portable battery charger for long flying trips (which I hardly use with all the ports for electronics on planes now a days) I have no regrets.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 25, 2014, 03:14:43 PM »
True, the design doesn't seem to allow for it. If only they could make an anodized aluminum clickable back? :P

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 25, 2014, 03:15:24 PM »
+1

I've come to really hate that. No matter how good they say the battery life is, it never measures up. And even if it did, I'd still want to be able to go for days at a time without needing an outlet.

I hear that. For me it works out just fine but I can see how others would prefer carrying just an extra battery if needed. And I agree that its ideal to have removable battery but at this point with battery life and my personal usage it works out just perfect the way it is.