Author Topic: HTC One  (Read 41275 times)

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: HTC One
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2013, 05:38:55 PM »
I was anticipating
Well, I'm partial to the Vanilla version but I even like Samsung's UI better. LG as well.
Really?
Which Samsung model are you talking about? Although I never owned a Galaxy, AFAIK Touchwiz was a PITA. I did hear that 5.0 got better, but Sense has always been ahead.
Droid life seems to HATE HATE HATE the new Sense 5.0.
Although that review and other stuff I've been reading about the ONE, might cause me to move away from htc IF I have to choose between the ONE and the S4 that is. Might wait it out another year since my upgrade isn't due till then tho...
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2013, 05:41:33 PM »
I was anticipatingReally?
Which Samsung model are you talking about? Although I never owned a Galaxy, AFAIK Touchwiz was a PITA. I did hear that 5.0 got better, but Sense has always been ahead.Although that review and other stuff I've been reading about the ONE, might cause me to move away from htc IF I have to choose between the ONE and the S4 that is. Might wait it out another year since my upgrade isn't due till then tho...

It's obvious your a Sense fan. I don't love Touchwiz either but Sense to me is too busy looking. Anyways, it's just my opinion.

Different UI's for different people.
Anyone going with an S4 or HTC One or even an iphone 5 is getting a good product.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 06:08:23 PM »
It's obvious your a Sense fan. I don't love Touchwiz either but Sense to me is too busy looking. Anyways, it's just my opinion.
I'm not particularly a Sense fan, I'm a fan of fast and effective. Sense is the simplest and most logical (again, not sure what the ONE will bring in that regard).
Anyone going with an S4 or HTC One or even an iphone 5 is getting a good product.
I always try to go for the best, which indisputably it's between HTC and Samsung. IMO iphone 5 does not deserve to be mentioned along the same line of those two giants..

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 06:11:48 PM »
I'm not particularly a Sense fan, I'm a fan of fast and effective. Sense is the simplest and most logical (again, not sure what the ONE will bring in that regard).I always try to go for the best, which indisputably it's between HTC and Samsung. IMO iphone 5 does not deserve to be mentioned along the same line of those two giants..

The iPhone 5 is a great product - what it does, it does well IMO. As for simplest I'd say Vanilla android wins that department. But yes, they're all good and all have pros and cons.

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »
The iPhone 5 is a great product - what it does, it does well IMO.
Yeah, it's like saying: Anyone going with an S4 or HTC One or a Friedrich is getting a good product.

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2013, 07:36:52 PM »
Yeah, it's like saying: Anyone going with an S4 or HTC One or a Friedrich is getting a good product.
and a payphone is a great phone for what it does.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2013, 07:43:27 PM »
and a payphone is a great phone for what it does.

Listen, I dislike iphones for a million reasons but let's not be ridiculous.

A payphone isn't a cell phone. And we were talking about cell phones, were we not?

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2013, 09:27:15 PM »
Bottom line people who have top htc and Samsung phones would never switch over to iphone. I have seen the opposite take place.

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2013, 07:34:21 AM »

Listen, I dislike iphones for a million reasons but let's not be ridiculous.

A payphone isn't a cell phone. And we were talking about cell phones, were we not?
Not saying an iphone is a payphone at all. Just that saying it's good for what it does is like saying a paypohone is good for what it does. Neither is really in the same league as sammy/htc (well payphone is in a different sport), but i was going mashal with the payphone. :D
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2013, 11:21:04 AM »
The Sprint HTC one kept all of its languages. Even has Hebrew on it.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2013, 12:02:34 AM »
Bought a couple Sprint HTC ones to sell - one I kept and am planning on unlocking before I sell. Meanwhile I've played around with it.

I've never been a fan of HTC Sense but it has greatly improved. Like the look and design.
The phone feels really good in the hand. It's a bit more narrow than the Galaxy S3 which was just too big for my hands.

The aluminium design is really nice.

When I first turned on the phone there was NO bloatware on it. I thought this was great, but after activating it on one of my lines all the bloatware downloaded and appeared. Oh well, most can be uninstalled.

The screen is really nice and the colors are great.

Small feature I thought was nice was being able to use 2 languages of auto correct at the same time.
Also, like I mentioned above I was thrilled they left all the languages on the phone so you can actually turn the whole menu/phone to Hebrew as well as a bunch of other languages.

The camera has a boatload of features and editing options.  The S3 and iphone 5 still take better shots in my opinion but for a lot of people they won't notice the difference much.

The speakers get LOUD!! If you watch videos or play music on your phone often you'll def enjoy this.

You are able to turn off the shutter sound. This is something that isn't always available on other phones.

And the wifi works very well. On my Galaxy Nexus where I have 2 bars, I am getting full bars on the Htc One.

The only thing I am waiting to see is how battery life stands up.   Maybe I will actually keep one of these for myself since it also has a removable sim card and can be used overseas. And yes you can change the APN settings as well AFAIK.

Oh, the IR blaster works super as well.  Fun added feature to have on your phone. The GS4 will have this as well I believe.

Offline smart brit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2013, 12:11:16 AM »
Thanks for the report
I was looking to buy it until i read about the feed that is going to appear on the screen and it's not removable.
But i guess that report is wrong and one could remove that

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2013, 12:12:49 AM »
Thanks for the report
I was looking to buy it until i read about the feed that is going to appear on the screen and it's not removable.
But i guess that report is wrong and one could remove that
Where did you see you could remove that?

I haven't been able to figure it out but it doesn't seem to be such a bother since it doesn't have to be the home screen. Though it still stays and shows up if you scroll to the left.

Offline smart brit

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2013, 12:15:55 AM »
Where did you see you could remove that?

I haven't been able to figure it out but it doesn't seem to be such a bother since it doesn't have to be the home screen. Though it still stays and shows up if you scroll to the left.
I thought so from your words.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2013, 12:17:29 AM »
I thought so from your words.

Hmm, no. I did say you can take off the Sprint Bloatware. The live feed is from HTC and as far as I know it's there to stay. But again, it does not have to be set as the home page and isn't such a bother if you don't want it.

Offline smart brit

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2013, 12:20:27 AM »
Hmm, no. I did say you can take off the Sprint Bloatware. The live feed is from HTC and as far as I know it's there to stay. But again, it does not have to be set as the home page and isn't such a bother if you don't want it.
I'm sorry i mixed them up. I actually did read that they are coming up with a way to uninstall it.
If i use a different home screen will it still be there?

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2013, 12:23:51 AM »
I'm sorry i mixed them up. I actually did read that they are coming up with a way to uninstall it.
If i use a different home screen will it still be there?

It will be on one of the screens. Or did yoh mean if you install a 3rd party one? Not sure.

Offline smart brit

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2013, 12:25:24 AM »
It will be on one of the screens. Or did yoh mean if you install a 3rd party one? Not sure.
Thanks i like htc one x rather then the s3 but thinking about upgrading to the one

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2013, 12:39:38 AM »
Thanks i like htc one x rather then the s3 but thinking about upgrading to the one

If I had to choose between those 2 I'd choose the HTC One for the size alone. Being more narrow makes it easier for me to type using one hand.  But that's me. Otherwise I'd probably go with the S4. Even though the HTC One is "prettier" the S4 has a removable battery. That wins for me anytime.

If you don't care about either of those things you might have a hard time choosing. Both seem to be great phones.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2013, 03:53:17 PM »
Added note, the HTC One has a much wider angle camera than the s4 and it takes really nice panoramic shots. Battery life seems to be average with smartphones today and it really is a nice device. Probably the nicest I've ever held. So much more comfortable (in my hands) than the S3 or s4.
 In the end I'm still happy with my Galaxy Nexus at the moment and the lack of removable battery is what's keeping me from holding on to the HTC One.  If I needed a new phone I'd def consider this one even without the removable battery. It's a shame. Add a removable battery and this might have been the best phone yet.