Author Topic: Proper process of removing a "hard pull"  (Read 3554 times)

Offline LA2NYC

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Proper process of removing a "hard pull"
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 09:45:22 PM »
Wife and I just purchased a car using with financing.  In the process, both were hit with 3 pulls on Experian.  Was able to get credit report: I was hit by Bank of America on April 19, 21, and 22.  My wife by Bank of America on April 19 and 22, and by Credco (?) on April 22 as well.  Any way I can remove these pulls?

Thanks!

[Update] Just found this on the Experian website - is this correct?  It says auto loan pulls are viewed as one, though they're all listed out separately on the report.  Do we know if this is true? Thanks!

Dear SLA,

It is very common for an auto dealer to contact multiple lenders in an effort to find the best car loan terms. An inquiry will be added each time a lender checks your report. Experian lists each inquiry to ensure you have a complete record of who has reviewed your credit history.

Credit scoring systems recognize that the inquiries are all for the same purpose and automatically count them as a single inquiry when calculating the credit score. The same is true for mortgage lending.

So, you can shop for the best rates for a car loan or mortgage loan without worrying about the impact of multiple inquiries on your credit scores.

Thanks for asking.

The “Ask Experian” team
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 10:47:41 PM by LA2NYC »