Topic Wiki

To find items (like this one) that are eligible for Easy Rebates that may end up being worth buying just for the points use this link.

If the status for the Easy Rebate says "Your reward has been sent" but you've never received the card or lost it before ever using it, then call 1-877-266-6483 to have Staples send out a replacement.

There are often coupons that lower the up front cost of paper that's on sale with a rebate. And other coupons, too.
Staples.com > on top menu bar - shop deals > coupons
BUT:

The coupon is now only able to work once per order! The $5 off is now being pro-rated between all the cases in the order, rather than the 4x it's put in!
To use the coupon 4x, you need to have each case checked out separately.  Which means that besides the bother at the register, you submit 4 different rebates - and you get 4 different rebate cards of $41 - instead of 1 rebate card worth $164.

« Last edited by ckmk47 on May 11, 2017, 10:11:46 PM »

Author Topic: Staples Master Thread (Visa Rebates And Other Major Deals Need Their Own Thread)  (Read 511303 times)

Offline dealfinder85

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Got it.

Though like i said, someone may value the extra 150 points more than the $2. And once they are already buying GC's for the rebate, may be worthwhile for them.
I spent 11.90 in fees so I'll make 8. Ignoring points which would have been earned anyway

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
Got it.

Though like i said, someone may value the extra 150 points more than the $2. And once they are already buying GC's for the rebate, may be worthwhile for them.
but those 150 will be earned regardless, so why spend the extra 2 bucks
also, unless the spending is being done in a bonus category, there is no reason not to just use the vgc as cc when making an online purchase
or lets say giving tzedaka online

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
i tried registering cards online but its not working
i registered them over the phone, but is there a way to access them online?

Offline lunatic

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile

If you bought them in the store, you don't need to register. Just head to target and start swiping

Offline Aerial Dag

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile

Use gowallet.com to register them. When unloading for MO I've always needed a pin which  you can make on gowallet.com after its registered.

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
Use gowallet.com to register them. When unloading for MO I've always needed a pin which  you can make on gowallet.com after its registered.
Wasn't working online. Did it over phone

Offline David R

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
You can use the last 4 digits as the PIN and you won't need to take the time to set one. Also, you can view the balance and transactions (I don't remember if you can also set the PIN and register your address) on the web site without creating a login to that site. The login is mostly helpful if you want them to keep track of your cards for you. And registering your address is mostly necessary if you use your card at a merchant (such as an online store) that uses AVS to match the address you provide during your order to the billing address of the card, but perhaps it also helps them help you if you lose the card. By the way, you will not be able to register the cards on that site if they are not activated yet.

Offline Aerial Dag

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
You can use the last 4 digits as the PIN and you won't need to take the time to set one. Also, you can view the balance and transactions (I don't remember if you can also set the PIN and register your address) on the web site without creating a login to that site. The login is mostly helpful if you want them to keep track of your cards for you. And registering your address is mostly necessary if you use your card at a merchant (such as an online store) that uses AVS to match the address you provide during your order to the billing address of the card, but perhaps it also helps them help you if you lose the card. By the way, you will not be able to register the cards on that site if they are not activated yet.

Funny, I used to use the last 4 digits as the PIN but somewhere along the way I thought that was only for the Vanilla gc. Thanks for the info. I always register them because I once gave a few of them to my wife to pay off a bill but the rep never charged the cards and my wife threw them out. I ended up getting a credit but not taking that chance again!

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
Isn't vanilla any four for the PIN?
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline etech0

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
Isn't vanilla any four for the PIN?
yes, and MetaBank is the last four. Easier to keep track if you use the last four for all of them.
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Marco Polo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
yes, and MetaBank is the last four. Easier to keep track if you use the last four for all of them.
That's what i thought. Was a little confused by
Funny, I used to use the last 4 digits as the PIN but somewhere along the way I thought that was only for the Vanilla gc.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline snapit

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
I got 2 MC GCs.  U.S. Bank National Association.  The package tells me I can register the card at myfitcardsite.com
I ripped them out of their package and sent them off to my daughter out of NY to use at Walmart for my BB.  In light of the above discussion, I just checked and saw a paper in the package saying "This is your pin: xxxx )
Is this indeed the pin, or can my daughter use the last 4 digits of the card like I told her?  (or, come to think of it, are these the last 4 digits of the card?)
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline username

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
I got 2 MC GCs.  U.S. Bank National Association.  The package tells me I can register the card at myfitcardsite.com
I ripped them out of their package and sent them off to my daughter out of NY to use at Walmart for my BB.  In light of the above discussion, I just checked and saw a paper in the package saying "This is your pin: xxxx )
Is this indeed the pin, or can my daughter use the last 4 digits of the card like I told her?  (or, come to think of it, are these the last 4 digits of the card?)
From The Bluebird WIKI

As of April 1st, 2013, Mastercard (MC) and Visa GCs have PIN codes that will make the cards function as debit cards. GCs may be used to load up your BB account in any Walmart, as will be explained below, or to get cash back when purchasing with them. Note that not all GCs work this way. Those from Metabank do, as do others. AMEX GCs are not capable of working with a PIN. They can only be used as gift cards. GCs for a specific business or store (iTunes or Home Depot or whatever) will never work in the ways described here. Note that 'Vanilla' brand GCs can no longer  be loaded to BB.

1. Buy Visa or MC GCs. The larger the denomination the better, since the fee-to-balance ratio will be better. Buy them anywhere, but you get the most out of this if you buy them with a CC that pays more than 1 point per dollar at that store at that time.

2. You will need a PIN for each GC. If you bought a MC GC, call the number on the back of the card or go online to set a PIN. If you bought a Visa, the last four digits of the card number will usually work, as long as you have not used the card yet. If you have used it, you had to set a PIN, so use that.
The # for US Bank MC Gift Cards is 1-866-952-5653. 1/2/<16 digit cc>#/<3 digits from back>#/3/PIN#/PIN#.
^^^

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
Thanks.  Silly of me not to have checked the wiki, but it's been a long time since I've needed a tutorial on BB.  :D

Offline username

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
BTW, that is the pin, but you can also set it by phone.
^^^

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
BTW, that is the pin, but you can also set it by phone.
I'll have my daughter do that.  At this point, I don't know which pin goes to which card.

Offline clear thinker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Do Master Card Gift cards come with a pin and can be loaded by Walmart on serve?

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Do Master Card Gift cards come with a pin and can be loaded by Walmart on serve?
Some come with a pin and some you must create a pin and then they can be loaded to bb or serve
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline clear thinker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Some come with a pin and some you must create a pin and then they can be loaded to bb or serve
Tnx